Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Ohio Reef Aquarists (CORA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/18/2007, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

any cameron michells freaks? thanksgiving recipes

I spend more money at michells steak house than Id care to add up! I found these recipes last year, and they are completely right on. Im making the corn and jalapeno poptatos this year.

thought maybe someone might like these

http://www.camerons-steakhouse.com/recipes.cfm

-Had to find some higher ground, had some fear to get around-
Old 11/18/2007, 11:01 AM
We'll get 'em next year!

Thanks Maggie these are Great!
We are definitely CM Freaks!
Thanks!
Old 11/18/2007, 08:26 PM
Hydrophilic

Thanks Maggie! I love that stuff.

Anyone been to the newest CM place, Marcellas (Short North area)? Real, real freakin tasty; probably my new favorite place.

Have Some Personal Accountability
Old 11/18/2007, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

no i havent, i have the menu, but we moved before we had a chance.. now its like a big ordeal lol

factoid: you can buy michells gift cards around christmas time. for each 100.00 card, you get a 25.00 one free (hafta use it after jan.1st)

its a good deal if you know your going anyways lol

just bought all my ingredients for the corn today.. have to triple the recipe to make everyone happy

and chose 'old fat bastard' chardonay for the corn wine lol

Old 11/19/2007, 08:21 AM
Team RC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hormigaquatica
Thanks Maggie! I love that stuff.

Anyone been to the newest CM place, Marcellas (Short North area)? Real, real freakin tasty; probably my new favorite place.
Aaron, We are going there on Wednesday for my birthday. I hear they have an awesome cheese tray. I'll let you know what I think.
Old 11/19/2007, 09:47 AM
We'll get 'em next year!

Marcella's is great, just up the street from 'daWide, we go there often the pizzas are great!
I just hope the Fish Markets maintain thier quality after being sold off.
Old 11/19/2007, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

cbc was just resold, i had a great chicken sandwich the other day Dident know they sold the fish market...

cant wait to go to the polaris michells steakhouse.

Old 11/19/2007, 12:37 PM
Registered Member

Don't say it!!! The fish markets were sold?????? No it can't be...

Hopw who ever bought them don't screw them up!!!!!
Old 11/19/2007, 05:21 PM
Hydrophilic

Quote:
Originally posted by hollback
Aaron, We are going there on Wednesday for my birthday. I hear they have an awesome cheese tray. I'll let you know what I think.
Sicillian Pizza is fantastic, and so is the Proscuitto di Parma Bruschetta. Good pick for a birthday (with Jeni's Ice Cream down the block for dessert... good stuff)

Have Some Personal Accountability
Old 11/20/2007, 08:25 AM
><(//////////////////))o>

I heard it was Ruth's Chris that bought up a bunch of the Cameron Mitchell restaurants.

{edit}
Found the press release on their website:
Quote:
Company to focus on developing new concepts, expanding existing concepts

COLUMBUS – Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (CMR) today announced that the company has agreed to sell its Columbus Fish Market, Mitchell’s Fish Market, Mitchell’s Steakhouse and Cameron’s Steakhouse concepts to Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Inc. (Nasdaq: RUTH) for $94 million.

“This is an extraordinary opportunity for our company. Although this is a bittersweet time for me personally, the sale paves the way to achieve our goals of innovation and expansion,” said Cameron Mitchell, president and founder of Cameron Mitchell Restaurants. “It also provides the resources needed to help the Fish Market and Steakhouse concepts thrive and realize their potential, which will bring significant opportunities for those associates.”

According to Mitchell, the sale will allow the company to focus on the expansion of two highly successful concepts – Mitchell’s Ocean Club and Marcella’s – and to develop new concepts and bring them to the market. Cameron Mitchell Restaurants has four Mitchell’s Ocean Club locations scheduled to open in 2008 alone (Troy, MI and Scottsdale, AZ; and signed letters of intent in Miami and Orlando, FL). The company continues to explore opportunities to grow Marcella’s, their newest concept. Mitchell also stated that the company is scheduled to open four Rusty Bucket Corner Taverns (a CMR-managed company) in 2008 as well.

“Our company is in an exceptional position today to do what we love – create new concepts and introduce them across the country,” said Mitchell. “Proceeds from this sale will help drive our entrepreneurial spirit and allow us to capitalize on the growth potential of our current concepts. It also will strengthen the company’s balance sheet and enable us to reward our partners.”

Both companies have signed a purchase agreement and the transaction is expected to be completed in first quarter 2008. Piper Jaffray & Co. served as financial advisor to Cameron Mitchell Restaurants.

Last edited by thebrian; 11/20/2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11/20/2007, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

do u think they will stay the same?? thats rediculous. they can keep ocean club and marcellas. WHY would you sell the fish market and michells steakhouse??

Old 11/20/2007, 03:00 PM
Team RC Member

Because someone would buy them for $94 million!
Old 11/20/2007, 04:13 PM
Registered Member

heheh.. yeah i guess. but ruths is like a chain resturant... theyre breads good but.... camerons hometown u know?