Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/19/2007, 10:27 PM
Registered Member

reefkingdom confusion

Well I ordered four types of palys from reef kingdom last week and we understood they would not be able to ship until today and I e-mailed them this morning this message:

Hey Brandon, this is Perry,
I was curious as to if the palys would be delivered to my doorstep or
not, thank you for your help and looking forward to tomorrow with much
anticipation

-also how long, if any, was given for coral healing? Thanks again

-perry

and received this in my inbox this afternoon:

Perry,

Thanks for your inquiry. I spoke with Jared and at this time we have decided that we will not be shipping your order. I went ahead and refunded the entire order amount back to your card. Unfortunately, in our experience with similar customers who have similar questions and multiple concerns even before an order is processed, we have ended up investing so much time and effort trying to please them, that in the end we have just refunded their purchase anyway. Due to these circumstances we have come to this conclusion. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. For your online coral needs we recommend the following websites:

www.atlantisaquarium.net
www.sharkysreef.com
www.fragglereef.com
www.******************

I'm quite curious as to why this is but I will leave this open until I get a response. I'm not mad, I'm just intrigued.
Old 02/20/2007, 12:30 AM
A.K.A. colinadam

Consider yourself lucky my friend, I got palys from them, looked pathetic. Definatly a vendor to avoid.

I'll add a good vendor to get zoa's and palys from, send Bryan a wishlist of what your looking for and he might be able to get it for you. Or try the www.club-zoa.com WTB forum and put your wishlist there.

Good Luck

Last edited by wizardgus®; 02/21/2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 02/20/2007, 07:07 AM
Registered Member

thanks buddy, I was also looking into a nano frag pack from marine flora (any experience with them?)
Old 02/20/2007, 09:37 AM
A.K.A. colinadam

Not personally but they are a Club-Zoa Sponsor,

http://link to other board.com

Last edited by wizardgus®; 02/21/2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02/21/2007, 09:20 AM
Registered Member.

I posted this in the other thread as well.......

I won't be doing business with them either, those are ligit questions as any zoa/paly lover knows fresh frags ship poorly and can and in most cases die due to excessive stress of shipping and healing all at the same time....... That is ****poor customer service and they don't deserve your business. So what about the time spent after the sale and shipping and having the polyps turn to mush? What about that? Seems to me that they and you would be better served by fragging and then healing of at least a week then shipping. I guess we know who is out to make a quick buck.....
Old 02/21/2007, 09:37 AM
Limestone cowboy

So what are they saying?? Your a pain in the but, and they are saving themself from refunding your money because they know youre the type that will just coplain till they do?
Pathetic. If they were a good company they would know that thier product was good, They would not be so defensive. IMO
You probably hit a sore spot with them with a previous question.
Its good ya got your money back now, and save yourself some stress.
Old 02/21/2007, 11:51 AM
Pufferkrazy!

I spent a lot of $$$ there for my 1st purchase. The owner (Brandon) origionally contacted me about a trade--a SmashMouth micro for my CSS 125 skimmer. I went on their website & ordered a bunch of stuff to go w/it. They sent the corals I paid for & forgot the stuff for the skimmer. Sent a nice freebie (can't find the 1 polyp). He sent a bunch of other freebies w/the micro (including 2 of those $100 rainbows [doing well] & a $35 mohawk polyp [didn't make it]). The micro died the next day (shipment was cold, in spite of 2 heat packs). He told me to keep everything & sell the skimmer to someone else. All in all--many of the frags didn't make it but I still did ok, since I got all those freebies. I think I probably broke even. Really nice guy though...
Old 02/21/2007, 01:15 PM
Moved On

How dare you ask if they are going to let the polyps heal before shipping... The nerve of some people....

I'm totally kidding, probably best they refunded you and saved you the headache. I've heard nothing good about these people.

Sam at Marine Flora is excellent... (along with all the other sponsors at Club-Zoa)
Old 02/21/2007, 02:44 PM
Guardian of Little People

*insert jaw dropping smiley here*

Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant
Old 02/21/2007, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9298035#post9298035 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by CoralNutz
How dare you ask if they are going to let the polyps heal before shipping... The nerve of some people....

I'm totally kidding, probably best they refunded you and saved you the headache. I've heard nothing good about these people.

Sam at Marine Flora is excellent... (along with all the other sponsors at Club-Zoa)
funny you mention Sam, the day I got my refund back I went and spent less money with him and got more frags, quite a nice experience so far just waiting on them to arrive in the next few days