Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Old 05/16/2006, 10:31 PM
N_Sarno N_Sarno is offline
Moved On

Location: Wood Dale, Illinois
Thumbs down bad trading experience w/ newreeflady

I arranged a deal w/ Angela to trade my green/blue ricordia for one of her orange ones.. and her bumpy green shroom for a frag or my zoos.. All fine and dandy.. she sends via priority mail on monday.. it arrived friday all battered I open it and find a brown smelly floppy stick in a bag ( I have no idea what it was), a green bumpy shroom which was still alive, and a thermo w/ brown water from another bag that leaked out so no ricordia. Angela made sure to make a point of if there were any losses that I'd still ship my ric and she'd later send another ricordia once the remaining ones she had split.. and now that the was DOA.. I didnt want to send one of my rics because at the time I only had 2 green/blues so why send her one right now if she doesnt have one to send back. So I let her know that I didnt want to send the ric but rather just the zoos and later the ric when hers grew and she had another one for me. She agreed so I thought problem sloved.. the next day I rec' an email from her. she had changed her mind, and said I needed to send the ric.. and I decided that I wasnt going to so I sent her the zoos the watermelons as talked about and a bonus of teal/green ones as well, I also sent via NEXT DAY delivery in an attempt to say "im sorry" for the fact that the ricordia died and she was upset.. even though it wasnt my fault.. Anyway she isnt happy w/ me and she left a negative on me so I decided to leave one on her because she is just impossible to work with. I now have a rock w/ 21 yellow rics and said I'd send her one but she declined. THis was before the negative feedback, so shes impossible... here are copies of our email conversations proving all of what I have said.

Here is my email letting you know of the problem

>that
> > >is,
>small
> > >bag
> > >was..
>and
> > >had
> >finally
> > >what
>if
> > >you
>rics

and your response

>dead
>late

> > >have
> > >ship
>time,
> > >the
> >replace

why did you suddenly decide to change your mind... anyway, let me share more... my response to the above email

Old 05/16/2006, 10:32 PM
N_Sarno N_Sarno is offline
Moved On

Location: Wood Dale, Illinois
and more

and then your sudden change

> > >Angela x x x x wrote:
> > > Nick, honestly, I think it is terrible that the ricordea didn't make
>it.
> > >Normally with thermos trades most things make it, but most people kinda
> > >have
> > >an unspoken agreement. We will agree to ship things and chance it. You
> > >would
> > >have sent me the ricordea had you shipped first, would you have
>expected
> >me
> > >to back out if it didn't make it?
> > >
> > >I will not fret over this. However, I hope you'll understand that I am
> > >little bit upset that you have broken our agreement. I would not
>suggest
> > >that you do any thermos trading in the future. It costed me money,
>coral
> > >and
> > >time to ship to you, I even offered to ship first and agreed to replace
> > >anything that died when I have the stock. Really, I feel that you are
>not
> > >holding your part of this bargain.
> > >
> > >Please ship my thermos back. Put whatever you want in it, I don't
>really
> > >care to do further trading with you if you will not sihp what we agreed
> >on.
> > >
> > >Best,
> > >Angela

my response

> > >From: Nick Sarno
> > >To: Angela x x x x
> > >Subject: Re: I shipped your corals...
> > >Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 14:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
> > >
> > >Angela,
> > >
> > > Im very sorry you feel this way, I totally understand your point
> > >however. But I am only 18 and can hardly afford to fund this hobby as
>it
> > >is, let alone take losses by sending you one of my rics. You sounded ok
> > >with this in your previous email. You stated that I could just send the
> > >zoos like planned if I wanted. Sorry it had to work out like this. As a
> > >precaution, and a "im sorry" I guess... I will send you thermo back w/
> >the
> > >zoos as planned and whatever else I can find.. via next day delivery so
> >it
> > >will cost me more money to ship.. Again im very sorry it had to happen
> >this
> > >way, and its not like me to back out on something.. but like I said im
>18
> > >and can hardly afford the hobby etc.
> > >
> > > Nick

ok now I will skip a couple emails and go to this...

> >From: Nick Sarno
> >To: Angela x x x x
> >Subject: Re: I shipped your corals...
> >Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 15:35:23 -0700 (PDT)
> >
> >Your zoos went out today via next day DHL.. I just sent them so they will
> >have minimal transit time.. your tracking number is 339667 43510

your response

>Angela x x x x wrote:
> Wow, what a coincidence that you have a whole bunch of ricordea all of a
>sudden.
>
>I got your zoos today, the bag leaked but they were fine (zoos are pretty
>hardy as you know.) They are neither of the ones I asked you for, they
>appear greenish in color. DHL, while fast, does not handle packages with
>any
>care (not that usps did a great job, either.) The DHL guy chucked the
>package up at my porch. The thermos is broken, another $10 down the drain.
>
>I have to tell you, this has been the worst trading experience i've had
>yet.
>I shipped you one of my two prize ricordea and you did not return the
>favor.
>I shipped you a green shroom and kindly asked for the pink/purple or
>fire/ice in exchange and I got green/teal zoos. I purchased the thermos,
>and
>it is broken now because it wasn't packaged well.
>
>So, I hope you don't expect any good feedback to come of this trade. I
>understand that part of my shipment died on you as well, however at least I
>agreed to replace it. We had an agreement you would ship what we planned
>on,
>and you backed out. This will be reflected in my feedback on RC.

my response

From: Nick Sarno

Old 05/16/2006, 10:32 PM
N_Sarno N_Sarno is offline
Moved On

Location: Wood Dale, Illinois
Your response...

Nick,

Well, I haven't seen the watermelons open yet, then. I am sure they are
nice, but after all we really were first and foremost trading ricordea here.
And, you DID agree to wait on another ricordea if something went wrong. I
was very clear about the fact that sometimes things do not make it in
priority. We saw this happen. Of course you should still have shipped your
ricordea to me, I can't believe you would argue this point. This is why I
wanted to ship more than one item in a thermos trade, because sometimes not
everything makes it. I did not have to offer replacement, even if I did not
you still should have shipped yours out. I offered replacement when I had
another grow out. I have two that are growing out and you would have been
the first to get the next one.

I am not going to ask you for one of those ricordea. You should have shipped
me the one we agreed on. I just found it funny that one day your giving me a
sob story, the next day you've got things for sale at more than $100!

Bottom line, my shipment did not come in good order. But, you still folded
on your end of the bargain. You sent half of what was promised. I would have
never done that. If you had shipped first, and your ricordea died, I would
have shipped to you anyway because we had an agreement. There is no way I
would ship anything to you first now, and I hope that others will follow the
same policy. I'm sure your stuff is very nice, but you can't be trusted so
you should have to ship first.

Best of luck in your future trading, I hope that YOU start to hold up YOUR
end of the bargain. I am sure you will have better experiences if you do.

Angela

and my final response

Angela,

Whatever I say isnt going to make you happy, so I guess I will just cease communication with you. I offered to make things right because and you declined so there is nothing more I can do. In my future trades, I will be sure to clarify w/ the other person about what to do in the event of die off.. I will also not be shipping via priority mail anymore. Also dont say that I cannot be trusted I offered to make things right but you declined. I also went ahead and spent more money to send you your zoos next day so that the same wouldnt happen. It was unfortunate that your thermo broke, if that is really even the case! I could have not shipped anything at all if I were so "dishonest." For all I know there might not have even been a ricordia in that bag, all it was was brown water w/ a white rock, I'll just go ahead and make these accusation towards you since your so quick to jump to conclusions about me. Also regarding the rics as I said before I rec'd these other rics as a trade from my cousin who sells corals, if I had them when we first dealt with eachother I would have offered one of them to you over the green/blue ones I have since I only have 2 of them and I have now 21+ of these yellow rics. Anyway, Im done w/ all of this.

Good luck with your reefing

Nick

Thus proving that SHE cannot be pleased and that the only negative in this whole experience was her.

Nick
Old 05/16/2006, 11:50 PM
Newreeflady Newreeflady is offline
Buttfish Pioneer

Location: Bay Area/ Berkeley, CA
Just for the record, I must quote you here...

"In my future trades, I will be sure to clarify w/ the other person about what to do in the event of die off.."

In fact, we did agree on what to do in the event of die off. The agreement was that you would ship anyway and I would replace anything that died for you when I had stock. You backed out from this.

I am going to close this out by saying that I actually have done trades on here before. I have good reviews that can be found on a search. This thread is a simple retaliation to the bad experience I posted. Just like e-bay, you take your chances with giving someone bad feedback that they might do it back, but i'd rather help others out by giving them the heads up. My original review of this transaction can be found here:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...hreadid=846345

newreeflady's review of N_Sarno trade

Here is a link to good feedback for a trade I did quite a bit ago (2002). feedback for newreeflady

I will not continue to post here. I have a good reputation on this forum that those who have been here a while will recognize. Arguing this is futile as I stand by everything i've said in the other thread.

-Angela
__________________
36g aga corner bowfront, 15g sump, 250w de halide.
Old 05/18/2006, 01:10 AM
mjdlonghorn mjdlonghorn is offline
Registered Member

why would you send out a live coral via priority. isnt spending $10 more better than all this squabble?
Old 05/18/2006, 02:11 AM
N_Sarno N_Sarno is offline
Moved On

Location: Wood Dale, Illinois
I sent mine via DHL next day back to her. They were only shrooms and priority usually only takes 2-3 days.. but obviously this time it took longer.

In the future next day is the only way I will be doing anything!