Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/26/2005, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

equipment research queston

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with mtbr.com or bestbikebuys.com when I'm building up a new frame I find these sites helpful on reliability and price issues. Basically mtbr lists components/bikes ect. and users rate them on a one to five chile pepper rating and can explain what they like/dislike about that part. On bestbikebuys if I click on "fork" it will list all the forks alphabetically by manufacturer and decending price by the shops that subscribe to the site. Are there similar sites for this hobby?
Can't tell I'm new to this can Ya?
Old 10/26/2005, 09:32 PM
"Old Yeller"

Not really that I have seen, however the market is small enough and specialized enough that most of the product lines are pretty well known and recommendations come pretty fast and easy when you decide on your budget. Very much of what is around really is "Pay what you get for" with a few exceptions.
Old 10/26/2005, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

The reason I ask is because I'm looking at these lights and can not find them on line
http://www.aqua-medic.com/products/p...asunlight%20NG
I'm also looking at something similar to this
http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merch...y_Code=CprSump
but would like a better description and some feedback on if it is good or not
Old 10/26/2005, 10:59 PM
Non Paying Premium Member

Location: Los Angeles(Silverlake) & Monrovia (next to Pasadena)
I have the aquamedic T5's on my tank and i love them, great buy.

Cant imagine that fixture being less that ideal.

You might have to search to find those exact lights.

That looks similar to a Trigger systems sump. Sumps can be made custom or purchased in premade models like that. Depends on what you are looking for.

Premium aquatics, DrsSmithFoster and Marine Depot are probably the three biggest online sights for salt water supplies.

Want to see my tank? click on my Red House..
Old 10/26/2005, 11:28 PM
"Old Yeller"

Nice light setup for sure, I found them at a couple vendors and they are plenty pricey at $1200+

The sump is also nice but I would look at getting maybe a custome one built if you are going to spend $400-500 on one. I would get in contact with Marc at http://melevsreef.com/ and see what he might suggest or can do for you.