Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/02/2008, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Stocking question

Want to add a few more fish and wanted to here everyone's thoughts. Currently have the below fish in my 375

kole tang (3.5)
purple tang (4)
blonde naso (5.5)
fowleri tang (7.5)
hippo tang (2.5)
scribbled rabbit (4)
watanabe angel (4.5)
lawnmower blenny
yellow goby
carpenter wrasse
red headed wrasse
sixline wrasse
yellow wrasse
green wrasse
radiant wrasse
coral beauty
2 clowns

Want to add 2 - 3 more tangs and some smaller fish, maybe some wrasses, chromis, anthias etc. Any recommendations - I am thinking a mimic, atlantic blue, yellow tangs as these remain smaller as far as tangs go. What does everyone think?
Old 01/02/2008, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Yellow Tang is nice because it will add more yellow to your tank. I just added one and it really makes my tank pop. Also chromis would be nice as well, put around 20 and you would have a nice school.
Old 01/02/2008, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

I do need some yellow. The tank is lacking that pop. Problem is the purple tang and his possible to aggression to one yellow. I was thinking about 9 or 11 chromis. Maybe a mixture of blue green and blues.
Old 01/02/2008, 10:07 PM
Premium Member

If you get a yellow that is bigger than your purple that should help on aggression. Unless you just have a mean purple. I added my yellow with a regal and a koran angel but the yellow was bigger by a good 1/2 inch to a inch and everyone gets along fine
Old 01/02/2008, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

how about a small school of anthias? 4-5 female lyratails with one male would look great in that tank. The females are yellow and the male is more red. Just a thought.
Old 01/02/2008, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by James983
how about a small school of anthias? 4-5 female lyratails with one male would look great in that tank. The females are yellow and the male is more red. Just a thought.
I second this, i got some and love em! For another tank how a powder blue or achilles if your up to the challenge. Should mix well with your current mix of tangs
Old 01/02/2008, 11:19 PM
Registered Member

My only problem with the anthias is the amount of times they need to eat a day. I am concerned with that, however, I do agree that a small school of them would look awesome. I am thinking about the powder blue or achilles. More so the powder blue as I think they might be a little easier than the achilles. Maybe a powder blue, larger yellow and mimic. I love the mimics. Then a small school of anthias. This would give the tank a nice yellow pop. That would just about finish it off except for maybe some smaller wrasses down the road.