Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 11:02 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

Scribbled rabbit fish for sale

My temporary fix for algae problems has finally completed his job in my 100 gal. I would like to keep him but since I'm downsizing my tank to a 37 and that would be too small for him. I'm selling him for what I got him for only which is $15. He's already in my QT and ready to go.

Charles-

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

pm'd you
Old 12/11/2007, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

I'd love to get him if AC Green falls through.
Old 12/11/2007, 02:07 PM
Resident physicist.

I'd love to kick both these guys out of the way to get a hold of it

But that's just me
Old 12/11/2007, 02:10 PM
Resident physicist.

Btw where did you get the fish for $15? One of the local SF places got them in but they're going for $60 a pop! I might as well hold out for a magnificent for that kind of scratch.
Old 12/11/2007, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Common price at most pet stores should be anywhere between $20-$35 for the virgate rabbitifish (as seen in picture) or $35-$50 for the doliatus (very similar fish) $60 for either is WAY too much to pay unless it is show size.
Old 12/11/2007, 03:31 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

After I sell mine, I know of 1 more a bit bigger than mine for the same price.. LOL... I prefer to sell today as today is the only time for me...

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 03:35 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

I've been corrected its a doubled barred rabbitfish.. but what ever its still a nice fish for a good price..

http://fishbase.sinica.edu.tw/summar...ry.php?id=4624

http://www.scuba-equipment-usa.com/m...red_Rabbitfish(Siganus_virgatus).html

SPencer and Aaron you've been pm'd..

Mike if none of them want the other scribbled that I know of... I can tell you where to get it... same price and a little bit larger than mine.. actually look better LOL

" Charles V "

Last edited by delsol650; 12/11/2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:18 PM
Premium Member

Dang Charles, how'd you catch that guy out already? Wanna come bring your ninja fishing skils this way and help a brotha out?
Old 12/11/2007, 05:24 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Took me only 5 mins late last night, when the lights were out... used red light to figure where exactly he was.. moved the net inches from him while in the dark... then last second flashed him with bright light to disorient him, then scoop..... easy as pie.

A lot easier and less stress full than catching a wrasse... both for fish and I.

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 05:25 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Took me only 5 mins late last night, when the lights were out... used red light to figure where exactly he was.. moved the net inches from him while in the dark... then last second flashed him with bright light to disorient him, then scoop..... easy as pie.

A lot easier and less stress full than catching a wrasse... both for fish and I.

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Hey Charles,

When you are done with the 37g tank..Am I get to see it in person?
Btw, one of your dragon disappeared for about a week now. Keep looking for it but I think it is way to big to be hidding under liverocks. Is there a way you can tell if it is female vs. male dragon goby?
Old 12/11/2007, 05:44 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

The smaller one was the female.. its probly digging around looking for another hole to lay eggs.. was it looking fat and pregnant again.. cause it used to do that when it was about to lay eggs.. dissapear for days till I find it somewhere in the back...

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 08:14 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

Rabbit fish has been picked up... If anyone is intrested I know of 1 more of a store near my place that has one.

" Charles V "
Old 12/11/2007, 08:17 PM
Resident physicist.

Groovy, I really like the name of the doliatus rabbit fish though. But hell if he eats algae who cares what he looks like! Just hope my tangs don't play beat up on him. I'll see about hunting down my own wabbit...fish though
Old 12/11/2007, 09:11 PM
Semi Reefing Vet

YGPM mike.

" Charles V "