Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/21/2007, 10:58 PM
I am a super nose picker

I tried to fix my post.I don't remember if you posted that pic here.I think you did ?didn't you.

Last edited by steve the plumb; 12/21/2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12/21/2007, 10:59 PM
Premium Member

Funny, I didn't get a message from Nanook about it. If I need lessons on how to conduct myself on RC Nanook is happy to do it, thanks anyway Steve.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:00 PM
I am a super nose picker

that pic got erased so there is no proof that that was me.I saw it was removed from some other site that I won't talk about but I know you visited because you told me so and you posted it if my small pea brain can remember.It was removed due to some violation agreement i didn't think it was that bad I have seen much worse on the internet,I was actually funny.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:01 PM
I am a super nose picker

message about what?I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:07 PM
Parrot head

MAAAAAAN....they took down the snow shovel angel!!!

Thanks Mr. Scrooge.

j/k nanook.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:07 PM
I am a super nose picker

It seems someone is forcing me to go to bed because her parents want to go to sleep.Hmm how do you like them apples.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:10 PM
Parrot head

Steve, we really need to take up a collection for you so you can become a premium member. I'd get it for you for Christmas...but you don't like Christmas.

What's with the Canadian education sytem? You need spell check...BAD! Actually it's no worse than job apps I've seen from products of the US Pub Ed system.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:13 PM
I am a super nose picker

I know I can't spell for beans thats what happens when you have been out of school for as long as I have.I didn't like school to much thus my employment record.This way you guys can make fun of me more often and persecute me
Old 12/21/2007, 11:17 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrcrab
Steve, we really need to take up a collection for you so you can become a premium member. I'd get it for you for Christmas...but you don't like Christmas.

What's with the Canadian education sytem? You need spell check...BAD! Actually it's no worse than job apps I've seen from products of the US Pub Ed system.
Are you also volunteering to teach him how to use the spell check? I will donate one dollar to the fund.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:25 PM
Parrot head

Uh...you just hit the little button on the bottom that says "SPELL CHECK".

On second thought...you're right. How much do you think tutoring will cost?

I figure if he's going to keep posting some of the moronic stuff he does, he might as well at least contribute monetarily to the cause.

I'm in for a buck.

Psssst...we can talk about him now. He's been thrown out of the computer room and he can't hear us.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:26 PM
Premium Member

Please see post here for Steve's fund raiser event.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1276803
Old 12/21/2007, 11:27 PM
Moved On

Nevermind spell check we need to teach Steve how to write in paragraphs. Jesus, Mary and Ralph !
Old 12/21/2007, 11:28 PM
Parrot head

Quote:
Originally posted by dhnguyen
Nevermind spell check we need to teach Steve how to write in paragraphs. Jesus, Mary and Ralph !
That's classic Sherman.

Dahn;
Old 12/21/2007, 11:30 PM

paragraphs? how about just a space after a period?

Serious? They took down the snow crack? what page was that? What else is missing from this thread? Any more of my posts? I need to know what's being removed so I can repost it.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:33 PM
Parrot head

I think it was around page 10.

Haven't noticed anything else missing, but reading this trash once is more than enough!
Old 12/21/2007, 11:33 PM
Moved On

Yeah apparently photobucket didn't like the snow crack and they took it off their site... Go figures
Old 12/21/2007, 11:36 PM
Parrot head

Quote:
Originally posted by dhnguyen
Yeah apparently photobucket didn't like the snow crack and they took it off their site... Go figures
Yeah, I did get an email about that. Didn't know what they were talkin' about. So it was okay by RC standards? If so, I'll retrieve it and repost.

What say you Oh Great Nanook?
Old 12/21/2007, 11:45 PM

I couldn't find the original post...photobucket took it down? that's bizarre. we can post it to my site no problem Barry.
Old 12/21/2007, 11:53 PM
Parrot head

Quote:
Originally posted by jnarowe
I couldn't find the original post...photobucket took it down? that's bizarre. we can post it to my site no problem Barry.
I'll email it to you.
Old 12/22/2007, 12:27 AM
TRC Leader

It was removed by one of the moderators. It is not okay by RC standards.
Old 12/22/2007, 12:44 AM

Posting a link to an unacceptable picture isn't a good idea...

Last edited by rbaker; 12/22/2007 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12/22/2007, 02:06 AM
Anti "So called Expert"

Quote:
Originally posted by jnarowe
You are seriously deluded trigger. I think you are missing the point so I offer this photo to help you understand. This is a picture of 3 Vortechs running at 100% for more than a week all in relatively the same area of the tank, and they have not crazed at all. The arrow points to the severe crazing area.

You can't seriously claim that the tank is the primary issue when none of the other pumps have crazed like this right? Or are you a shill for Eco-tech?

You have to understand that Eco-Tech is enjoying the fruit of the seeds of doubt planted regarding the integrity of my tank. But I know, and anyone who has visited knows, that there is a problem here with that pump. It may be that a combination of factors led to this failure, but certainly the pump over-heating is not the smallest contributor. Look at the pictures...that is clearly the result of some sort of pump failure. My guess would be that it failed to turn off when it reached the safety that Eco-tech has programmed into it. Maybe the driver went bad?

I hope that people using these on acrylic tanks at least have some awareness that a problem can occur.

I hope you are getting paid dude.

I love how your claims keep changing in order to continue to try and pass the blame onto Vortech.
The tank was originally 35" tall and then it was 32" after you didn't like the way the formula came out.
You also said yourself and I quote "Well I do have more than one area, but the others are from the original install and really are just superficial" so crazing did occur in other areas but it wasn't as bad as the one spot but crazing did occur none the less which pokes some holes in your theory that it was a single faulty pump.
You also previously stated that you didn't continue to run your pumps in areas that showed intial signs of crazing and then you later admitted that the worse spot was intially only minor but then got worse after you put the vortech back on. Conveniently that post has disappeared.
In response to your other post about your friends and their so-called expertise regarding this matter it really doesn't hold much water. I have a few friends who have magnificient tanks as well and are pretty creative with equipment but that doesn't make them experts regarding acrylic tank manufacture and the properties of acrylic related to heat.
You chose to completely ignore the expertise provided by ACRYLICS who I consider more knowledgeable about the subject than anyone you listed but his advice went on deaf ears just because it didn't back up your claims.
Since I am sure you are still going to return the favor and bash me right back how about addressing a few points while youre at it:
1. Do you have actual proof (besides the crazing) that the one spot of extreme crazing was caused by a faulty pump that had a heat spiked? I the last year dealing with Vortech have they given you any response regarding the possibility of a heat spike?

2. I know that the heat sinks on some of your Vortech reach the 140 degree range but how hot is the actual acrylic behind the dry side getting? Based on what I have seen and tested on my own pumps it is considerably cooler.

3. How old is your tank and was it a reef setup before you bought it?
Old 12/22/2007, 02:27 AM
Parrot head

Anti "So called Expert"

but quotes the so called experts to make a case.
Old 12/22/2007, 06:08 AM
Registered Member

I must of missed the part where the height changed As far as I knew it's always been 35", and the tank was designed around the use of these pumps.
Old 12/22/2007, 09:20 AM
One Millionth Poster

Mozilla firefox has a spell check built in but that might take some of the fun out of it.