Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/29/2006, 05:01 PM
Premium Member

Holy Cow Sale At Pet Mart

Head up for anyone looking for just about anything on sale. Pet Mart is haveing a huge sale. There is a semi truck parked full of tanks, stand and Lights. They also have a tent set up with show room of tanks and stands. Way to much stuff on sale to list it all but you can get up to a $500 gift card on a purchase of a tank, stand, or light. Esu, danner pumps, frozen san fran bay food, carbi see and a bunch more stuff I can remeber is on sale as well. The stuff is listed here www.pet-mart.com
Old 07/29/2006, 05:10 PM
Premium Member

Nice ad.

If you want to know - ask. But I won't promise you'll like the answer.
Old 07/29/2006, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Does anyone else think that fish4red works for petmart besides me?
Old 07/29/2006, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

nice job on the website fish4red. read the fine print with all that petmart jazz. at least they use asterisks.
Old 07/29/2006, 07:28 PM
Premium Member

pet mart jazz ? is that equal to having great sales and haveing it spelled out so simple that even a child can understand it? If so i think pet mart plays good jazz, i only wish need the stuff on sale becasue i am going to miss out on most of those deals.
Old 07/29/2006, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

The web designer needs some practice. It looks like an elementary kid set it up!!
Old 07/29/2006, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

fish4red, can you look in the pet mart computer and see what the oceanic 37g and 58g's are going for, pls?

Aaron
Old 07/29/2006, 10:20 PM
Registered Member

Out of curiousity I stopped by the Bay Pines store this morning, maybe 3 people in the store. One couple outside looking at the tanks. Didn't see any great deals, did have lots of livestock. Personally I don't want a gift card, I would rather get the good price up front.
Old 07/29/2006, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

I can only say I am disappointed with the non original title. I just don't see holy cow in a once a month or 2 sidewalk sale.
fish, does the sale include livestock also or just dry goods? also which location I know they run different sales at each branch at different times.
Old 07/30/2006, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

I went by the Tampa store today to see if much has changed in the last 2 years since I was last there. All I can say is I regret the 3 dollars in gas I spent driving there. The sale is a ripoff, the store is dirty, half the fish are dying if not dead already, and anyone who pretends that store doesn't bring the hobby down is blatantly working for them.
Old 07/30/2006, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

LMAO
Old 07/30/2006, 02:13 AM
Registered Member

the sale is on select items. the stands smell like pet mart. they're the sit on top style. you waste your money on the light strip. most tanks aren't reef ready. etc. plus who knows of the other catches. oh golly my wom card. i can see it now i have this 500 dollar force to shop at pet mart card i get to the register and they say oh sorry no woming with that card.
Old 07/30/2006, 02:26 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

What is a wom card and what is woming?
Old 07/30/2006, 06:12 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gregt
Nice ad.
I meant fish4red's ad, not the linked ad.

Clear violation of the non-commercial policies IMO.

Old 07/30/2006, 07:24 AM
Registered Member.

What a waist of another thread

No matter what is wrote about this sad store(s) nobody is going to change their minds. They could try pointless sales but it doesnt work, to me thats what happens when theres years of neglect and HORRIBLE cust service.

Another poor attempt to lour people into the store...SAD

Just another useless thread that should be out of its misery........
Old 07/30/2006, 10:10 AM
Premium Member

Yes is sad the way you guys have turned reefcentral innto and advertising whore, I learned this from all you guys, you tought me well with all of your "favorite store advertising" I see nothing wrong letting people know about a good vaule if you dont like then dont go. Were do you get off decieding for everyone on the board what store they are "allowed" to go to and talk about. Just that fact that you guys get so mad makes no since. Get over it..let people decied for themselves.
Old 07/30/2006, 10:13 AM
Registered Member.

Old 07/30/2006, 10:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fish4red
Yes is sad the way you guys have turned reefcentral innto and advertising whore, I learned this from all you guys, you tought me well with all of your "favorite store advertising" I see nothing wrong letting people know about a good vaule if you dont like then dont go. Were do you get off decieding for everyone on the board what store they are "allowed" to go to and talk about. Just that fact that you guys get so mad makes no since. Get over it..let people decied for themselves.
I've never seen an ad placed like you did on this forum. Can you point out someone typing ad copy into a thread and linking to a commercial ad? You didn't just post your opinion you posted an advertisement.

I'm not "mad", just calling it like I see it. If it looks like a schill and smells like a shill, it's probably a shill.

Old 07/30/2006, 10:51 AM
Registered Member

I'm not upset at all either. I started the finz thread and some others when I see things that are abnormal. like the 18 inch acros. that is something that was truely worth every single person at least stopping by to see. I know it's advertising but without any real benefit to me except maybe down the road frags will be passed amongst fellow reefers that use this board. maybe I was being selfish yet helpful to the store and rc members all at the same time. in my opinion it was a win win for everyone. I do it when I see something I think is special anywhere I go. it's good to let people know I think but I don't make the rules.
I just wish it had a different title.
Old 07/30/2006, 11:24 AM
Premium Member

i have seen so many post advertising the newest shipments here or there that I assumed it would be ok. I feel the same way as you rb, i saw something that I though was a good deal. If someone is in the market for a new tank they are going to need to spend tons of money and the fact that pet mart was giving you a gift card right then when you purchsed you tanks I though was pretty cool. Who couldn't use a $500 gift after buying a new aquarium. Anyways Its not shilling and you can contiune to say i work for pet mart but i do not, it is still amazing how it seems to offened people so much, did eveyone eles get banned from pet mart to rob? I cant figuer out why they would be so upset unless maybey they did. I bet more then one of these people will be going to store and spending money on sale items at pet mart and then come home and dawg them..lol
Old 07/30/2006, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

creepy

Old 07/30/2006, 11:52 AM
Registered Member

wom is an acronym that stands for "word of mouth." it is a gimic designed to get you to become a returning customer to petmart. you receive a 20-40% discount when you spend 50 dollars on items that are marked up 20-40%. then you get to earn points, except when petmart runs another scam like "no wom points earned." bear in mind no other store in the state must rely on such an "incentive" to customers to maintain a customer base. most others rely on simple trends of supply and demand, customer service, quality products, etc.

for eveyone else that is sick of all the ads why don't we at least not respond so the thread makes its way out of our faces ?
Old 07/30/2006, 12:00 PM
Moved On

Wom is a great program and even without the WOM Pet Mart has great prices. All other fish stores are wonderful in ther own way as well.
Old 07/30/2006, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mattliu
[ you receive a 20-40% discount when you spend 50 dollars on items that are marked up 20-40%. then you get to earn points, except when petmart runs another scam like "no wom points earned." [/B]
Petmart is just a sad place where fish go to die and customers get treated like ****.
Old 07/30/2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Looks like the Word of Mouth is working....ROFL.
BTW someone should mix in a dictionary next time they try to post. Looks like 4th grade grammar and spelling =/