Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > International Club Forums > Okinawa Saltwater Gang
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/21/2007, 10:50 PM
Premium Member

55g tank set-up

I'm not real sure I wanna sell this, but if someone is interested...

I have a 55g reef/saltwater tank I might possibly get rid of. I will be leaving Okinawa in about 5 months, and am starting to get around to getting ready for the move back. My tank used to be super nice. FULL of coral, fish, whole 9 yards. Once I moved off base, I just sorta lost interest in it and it really hasn't been the same since.

Bret will be taking all of my livestock here soon, so you would get:

Tank: 55g (47Lx17Wx16D)

Sump/Fuge: is holding about 15g. Might need a rebuild. its pretty 'homemade' but does the job. The design is very nice. I can point you to a source for a new sump, if need be. (or hit up Jeff)

Skimmer: Euroreef ES-3. Its an older model (2003 I believe) but it does the job, and when its dialed in perfectly, it will pull a ton of poop out of the water. (litterly)

Overflow: lifereef dual overflow. Works perfectly, no problems at all with it.

Return Pump: I forget what I just upgraded with. Its a fairly new pump though ~5 months

Powerhead: Tunze 6000 W/7091 single controller. (bad *** powerhead)

*and I have a ton of food/calcium and other little **** like test kits, salanity tester, probably $100-$150 worth of 'dry goods'

What am I asking for it all, I could part it out and probably make around $600 or so on just the power head/ the overflow/and the skimmer...so I would probably ask $600 firm for everything here in Okinawa. I paid $1500 for it a year and a half ago, and it came with a pair of ice cap halides, however I sold those and have T-5's over the tank with 1; 175 halide, for energy purposes. If you don't have $600 up front, we could work something out. I might also take partial trades on car parts.

I will tell you that Okinawa is an awsome place to have a SW tank. The livestock is very cheap when compared to the US, I myself use all natural sea water, its a great hobby to have here!!

I also want to add that if you live off base, your costs of energy consumption will increase, also a chiller should be added to this set-up. Living on base, I could run my lights any length of time I wanted too, and run the AC full blast all day long, but off base...well...lol.

It does need lights. NO LIGHTS WILL COME WITH THE TANK I can help finding you some, if you are interested. It would need tank lighting as well as a refugium light, if you decide to run a 'fuge.

If I don't sell it, I wont be disappointed at all.
Old 08/22/2007, 06:59 AM
Premium Member

How much do you want for the Tunze?
Old 08/23/2007, 03:08 AM
Premium Member

whatever the 'market value' would be on here, minus a few bucks probably. make me an offer...
Old 08/23/2007, 08:17 PM
Premium Member

Last edited by vest0830; 08/23/2007 at 08:24 PM.