Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs

Old 11/15/2007, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

Nano Skimmer

Anyone out there running a skimmer in their nano cube? I have a 24 gallon nano cube and would like to add a skimmer. I would like to keep the factory canopy but not sure if that will be possible. Anyone know if there is a skimmer that will fit in the tank and yet still be able to use the factory canopy?
Old 11/15/2007, 09:46 PM
A.K.A. colinadam

Look into the Saphire Skimmers, www.nanotuners.com - Look in the Protein Skimmer section of that site.
Old 11/15/2007, 10:01 PM
Nano Reefer

Also, if you're patient, Euroreef is designing and testing a nano skimmer now that looks pretty promising.
Old 11/15/2007, 11:03 PM
Registered Member

Nano Skimmer

I have a NC24, and bought a Sapphire 2 months ago. It produces some decent skimmate but takes a little tweaking to get the flow right. If you don't already have a surface skimmer, you'll need one to keep the water level's right in the rear chambers. That has a huge effect on how well a Sapphire will work back there. The good news is, the Sapphire will fit and you can close the factory hood.

Good Luck...
Old 11/16/2007, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

i was at my LFS yesterday...and they actually had a biocube skimmer.....and from the looks of it...it skimmed quite well
Old 11/16/2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

I have a Fission Nano-Protein Skimmer on My BC 29 that works great an it's pretty cheap....
Old 11/16/2007, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

I know CPR makes one custom for a BC29. Not sure about the Nano Cube.
Old 11/16/2007, 09:08 PM
Keeper of Sharks

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeezorm
I have a Fission Nano-Protein Skimmer on My BC 29 that works great an it's pretty cheap....
I just got mine. All its doing right now is the collection cup is filling with water. How'd you get yours to do right?

"Risk something, take back whats yours. Say something that you know they might attack you for." - Linkin Park - Hands Held High