Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 10/08/2005, 05:53 AM
Registered Member

uh oh

apparently there's some sort of new gun law in florida. i don't know what it is but just now, on the news, they are warning tourists in florida not to "argue unnecessarily with florida residents you encounter on the street". apparently, you can get shot. i hope this doesn't spoil my vacation. i love a good argument. i think i'd hate getting shot. somebody's gonna have to sit on me.
Old 10/08/2005, 06:19 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Well I can't do it! I'm going to be too busy back at home taking care of the lollipoppers! (You got them puppers ready to ship off? I'll be waiting for the UPS truck)

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 10/08/2005, 07:11 AM
Registered Member

they're loaded down with cookies. they should be there by sundown tomorrow. let the games begin!
Old 10/08/2005, 07:18 AM
Registered Member

Don't start any stupid confrontation and you'll be ok. I think its an excellent law myself. Innocent victims of crime should be able to defend themselves.
Old 10/08/2005, 08:37 AM
Eternally Discombobulated

What exactly is this new law?

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 10/08/2005, 08:45 AM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninapearl
they're loaded down with cookies. they should be there by sundown tomorrow. let the games begin!
I hope you're paying for the extra shipping! Usually when you try to ship something you want it as light as possible, not make it heavier!

I'll be waiting, by the time you get back those lollipoppers are going to be wanting a break. They'll be tired puppies!

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 10/08/2005, 08:50 AM
Moved In

Well that pretty much applies anywhere these days. Apparently some of them will have guns legally? You're on vacation, what could you have to argue about anyway? Just smile and say 'far out'

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 10/08/2005, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

actually debi, since i won't be doing any driving, road rage shouldn't be a problem. that's where i really get in trouble. i have a serious problem with road rage.

hi. my name is nina. i have road rage. get outta my way.

i once encountered a very irate man in a pick up. he seemed to think i cut him off. reallly, i was minding my own business, in my own lane. but he just HAD to pull up next to me at the stop light 2 blocks down. rolled his window down and proceeded to call me everything but a white woman. his language was pretty awful. i just smiled at him. since it was near the holidays, i told him "merry freakin' christmas to you too!" the light turned green and i drove away.

but the next light was red. woe is me. there he is again, window down, screaming nasty things at me through his open window. i asked him if he would like to carry on this conversation at another location. he said yeah, let's go. so i drove to the local police station, pulled into the parking lot and sat there waiting for him. when he saw where i was, he drove off. i dunno but i think he made some sort of gesture with his hand.

that's as close as i've come to getting myself into serious trouble. that was years ago, before guns were such commonplace around here. i wouldn't do that today. nope, not on a bet!
Old 10/08/2005, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

The new law states that you have the right to defend yourself with deadly force if you feel that your life is threatened. Whether that is in your home, or in public.
Old 10/08/2005, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Re: uh oh

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninapearl
i love a good argument. i think i'd hate getting shot.
Old 10/08/2005, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

It's a great law because now I don't have to worry about having to back myself in a corner before I can shoot someone who is trying to kill me. Tourists shouldn't worry, we want you to come, spend money, and go home. The same as snowbirds
Old 10/08/2005, 05:53 PM
LIGHTS ARE ON!!!!

I have a friend who was riding with me one day when something similar happened. The guy was very irate, I didn't see him *shrug*, tried to say I was sorry.

Guy was screaming, my friend pulled out his badge & held it up, asked the guy if we should call the cops to come & discuss - he decided to leave

Bad part is you can never tell if some yahoo is going to have a gun, or use his car to ram you or run you off the road

Another time I simply held up my cell phone, showed him I was dialing 911 - he left

I've been rear-ended 3x !!! I had a massive claw trailer hitch on my last SUV. Needless to say the cars that hit me did not drive away - they were towed.

I try not to get upset while driving these days