Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge

Old 06/17/2004, 10:55 PM
Registered Member

Had a tank since i was 14, im now 15. Ive also been sucked into the SPS craze

peace
Robert
Old 06/18/2004, 06:32 AM
Addicted to H2O

Heavy metal is fine with me too.

Any more tanks out there? I'd love to see some pics...

Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
Old 06/18/2004, 08:21 AM
Sleep Deprived Senior

My favorite events are the frees! 500, 400, 200, 100, 50 ! I also like the IMs but i suck sooooo bad at breast its not even funny. What do you go in the 100 Flipturn? At practice the team and i make jokes about getting coach a bull whip to help motivate us!

Are there times when anyone gets "fished out" and wont even think of fish? Sometimes i love my tank other times i HATE it, mainly because my progress is sooo slow, MONEY IS A PROB, CANT WORK! Work in progress! The worst part of all is that my dad thinks its done! I have enough! Yeah right! I only have 3 diff species of coral 5 fish and about 12 diff inverts.

Dont you hate it when your mom or dad keeps pestering you to get a fish you now you cant get, then they say they will pay for it and they buy it for you against your better judgement and then you have to take it back? The voice of experience aka Queen Angel

My music, I like some punk and a little pop, right before i swim!

At night i turn my mood lights on and listen to jazz to fall asleep
Old 06/18/2004, 08:34 AM
Registered Member

Ill get a pic when my dad gets home with the camera, and BTW i have some state championships under my belt in backstroke, thats my best stroke. That and butterfly and my fav though.
Old 06/18/2004, 08:41 AM
Sleep Deprived Senior

Awesome! In what state?
Old 06/18/2004, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

MD
Old 06/18/2004, 10:07 AM
Addicted to H2O

I'm NOT a freestyler; I like the 400 IMs. But my free time is 54 short-course (nothing to brag about but oh well ).

My Dad keeps on trying to buy me a yellow tang (too big) or a maroon clown (already have 2 ocellaris). Yeah, if only he liked corals too...

Old 06/18/2004, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Well my parents are buyng me a new tank this summer cuz of my moms sailfin and my hippo, ive got a 75 gal now and over the summer i hoping to get some where around a 150

Robert
Old 06/18/2004, 11:12 AM
Sleep Deprived Senior

my parents say nothing bigger
your going to college in 4 years and we dont wont to take care of it!

;( o well
Old 06/18/2004, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

You guys are all funny, i am 21 and have been doing the Fishie thing since 16 or so, Salt for a year. But my girlfriend is 19 and has had a 55 reef for years, funny thing is she was also a swimmer in high school.

Off Topic:
Superswimmer - I love your signature, but let me tell you something from experience, I dated Girly Girls for years, they are in it for the money/trips/dinners/ etc that you can provide them, find a girl thats very cute but a bit of a tomboy, tomboy's are usually much more truthful, and much more into fish, and hey we all look the same naked no matter what group we seem to fall into at first glance. My .02
Old 06/18/2004, 12:03 PM
Sleep Deprived Senior

Thanks alot i guess it would be nice to have a little tomboy whose not afraid to get a little dirty

Good thing to have someone who could put ME into my place when i go off into a fish frenzy

Lol:fun1:
Old 06/18/2004, 12:06 PM
Sleep Deprived Senior

Does anyone do AIM?

How often do you rearrange your aquascape?
Do your fish bite you?
Old 06/18/2004, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, i was starting to slip a little on my husbandry, and i started dating this girl and she would come over and say "Clean your tank" like everyday. So a few days later she came over with an armload of testkits and chemicals and i was inspired again. Spent all last night setting up a fuge and a new pvc return system and have actually put some LR in. My tank is beatiful now, in stead of people saying what is the red hairy stuff they all ask questions about the tank now. It's in my pool room so it reaaly needs to be beautiful.
Old 06/18/2004, 12:41 PM
Sleep Deprived Senior

There is nothing like the satisfaction when you KNOW your tank looks good. ahhh!

However, i dont like to be in the tank very much cause my clown is hellbent on biting me everytime im in there, he wont give me a moments peace. The worst part is, he's taught the rest of the fish to bite also.
Old 06/18/2004, 12:46 PM
Registered Member

19, started at 18
Old 06/18/2004, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

My clown is pretty docile, the cool thing is that i am teaching him to eat from my hand
Old 06/18/2004, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

i started at 14 with a 20 gallon reef tank then movedon to 5 or so other tanks my current tank right now is a 75gallon Uniaquarium its been running for about a week as of today. I will post somemore pics when i get time off of work. I am 19 now!
Old 06/18/2004, 02:32 PM
Sleep Deprived Senior

All my fish are PIGS so are the shrimp! The forumula one cube can be clutched in my hand, and they will try to go for it. The shrimp jumps on to it and the clown attacks it. Its not starvation i feed twice a day. 1 cube and some flake. My clown will eat off hands anytime. My shrimp one time went a swam up to my clown, who had a big chunk of food in his mouth and climbed onto the clown and grabbed the food out of his mouth. Talk about greedy
Old 06/18/2004, 03:40 PM
Addicted to H2O

My shrimp are such pigs too! Whenever I come into the room they start running upside down on the surface of the water looking for food.

Oh, and to all guys...if appearence really doesn't matter, then why must all guys talk/think/converse about...you-get-the-picture? THAT is the reason I'd rather be single (none of my guy friends are mature in any way). I need a guy who doesn't go after appearance alone...and who doesn't mind me constantly talking about my fish .

Old 06/18/2004, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

17 I have been keeping puffers, planted tanks, and other FW tanks since i was like 12.

Just starting my first reef/SW tank. I love puffers a lot, too bad none are reef safe.
Old 06/18/2004, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Flipturn88
Oh, and to all guys...if appearence really doesn't matter, then why must all guys talk/think/converse about...you-get-the-picture? THAT is the reason I'd rather be single (none of my guy friends are mature in any way). I need a guy who doesn't go after appearance alone...and who doesn't mind me constantly talking about my fish .
Ok lets think about this the guys that tell you that are lieing but you know this is what i say and most all guys think this way if they say it or not. If the girl you see or wanna date has to be Good looking body/face/butt to the guy or he will lose interest. I won't intiate a conversation unless the girl is Good looking which for me is limited because i am picky. If they dont look good to me i will lose interest in a week that me. and most men!
Old 06/18/2004, 05:35 PM
Addicted to H2O

I agree; I take interest in attractive guys when I am looking to meet someone. But when guys come up and say, "Oh your'e hot, wanna hook up?" or "oh...[something a guy would typically say]", it gets frustrating. They don't even know who they're dealing with .

Okay, back to reefing. Any other tanks out there?

Old 06/18/2004, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

My screen name on AIM is LZkashmir66

peace

Robert
Old 06/18/2004, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Yeah i will post my tanks and my AIM SN IS JDM4lfe Hit me Up! Chat about tanks/girls/how guys think haha
Old 06/18/2004, 05:43 PM
Addicted to H2O

LOL, that works--it covers almost all bases. FYI my sn is Flipturn088 if anyone ever wants to chat (about anything XsploveReefin mentioned above).