Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians

Old 01/02/2008, 02:36 AM
Registered Member

20gallon ricordea build thread

hey guys well im going to be building a 20gallon ricordea tank heres the specs

20gallon long glass aquariam which is in the garage atm
2" fiji pink live sand bed fine grain
2 hydrocor nanos(tunzes would be too much flow for ricordea)
15-20lbs of lr.(going for less rock due to ricordea being naturally found on the sand bed. the lr ill be covered in corline,zoos and gsp)
a hob filtere moded with activated carbon and cheto and lr
my neighboor has a ton of stuff hes gave me so im going to pick them up tomorrow to c what i can use.
as for lighting definantly a t-5 setup. mhs are great and i run them on my sps/reef tank but they dont truly bring out the color morphs on the ricordeas/mushrooms. idk if it will be a retro kit or a pendant havent decided. I am going to my lfs tomorrow to get all the equiptment. No skimmer will be used because ricordeas love the nutrients. weekly water changes will be done to ensure trace elements and reduce trate,trites,no4,p04 ect....fish list is going to be very light so here it is

hippo tang
sail fin tang
naso tang
pb tang
achilles tang sounds good for a 20gallon nano dont u think jk

heres the real one
royal gramma
fire fish
maybe some other very small fish

so what do ya guys think pics will be posted first thing in the morning. this will be a % 99.9 ricordea dominated tank. the aquascaping will be 3 little stadium like structures and inside the structures will be ricordea. maybe ill add a scoly or a brain idk going to be very colorful no doubt and will be succesful

any additional input would be greatly appreciated
Old 01/05/2008, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

sry i took so long guys ive been so busy. n e ways heres what i have so far as well as a light in my closet that i will just be using while the lr is curing. i plan to get the 2 korilla nanos either tomorrow or monday. after i get them then i will get my lr and ls. the light will come last.