Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Middle Tennessee Reef Club (MTRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2008, 07:55 AM
Premium Member

MTRC Membership Update

Congrats on a great 2007, MTRC!

For the past 3 years, we have held steady at about 60 members. When Wayne, Chris and I met back in March for our first "board" meeting, we had 43 members and decided on some things that we thought would bring more value to the membership (new LFS meeting, topics at meetings, fragging corals for members, etc.). We set a goal of 70 members for the year. Well 2007 has come to a close, and we have 87 members!!

For 2008, we already have 32 who have either signed up or renewed! Remember, to get into the swap for free you need to have a paid up membership, and all memberships expired on 1/1. Please renew early so as to avoid delays at the swap while other reefers snag your frags

So congrats, MTRC! Wayne, Chris and I do things to move us along, but YOU are the reason things are going so well. You come to meetings, participate in group buys, hang out with each other, etc, etc. Thanks to everyone who put some time and energy into the club last year. Lets look forward to a great swap, and an even better 2008

Jack Starmer
MTRC President
Old 01/10/2008, 08:02 AM
Premium Member

And kudos to our oldest renewing members:

Mdwannabe (20040003) and rcmike (20040004) -- that's members #3 and 4 folks!

Also, our newest member is sandalscout -- Welcome to MTRC
Old 01/10/2008, 08:31 AM
MTRC Treas

opps I supose I better renew mine and Joy's too or we will not be able to get in. Jack you do not have to mail our cards we should see you in 8 days
Old 01/10/2008, 10:10 AM
New Aquatronica Fan

Wow, great work on EVERYONE's behalf! We are growing!

Brandon
Old 01/10/2008, 02:20 PM
Premium Member

Who you calling old?

Old 01/10/2008, 02:42 PM
Premium Member

you had me worried there for a minute
Old 01/10/2008, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

just paypal'd mine today......**whew** i almost forgot
Old 01/10/2008, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

That's okay Jack. Some days I feel 80 even though I am 32.
Old 01/10/2008, 07:26 PM
MTRC Treas

32? you got to be kidding me. you are younger then me.
Old 01/11/2008, 02:23 PM
Premium Member

All of the membership cards for those who have signed up or renewed (35 of them) are out in the mail. Actually some of them are with me and I will give those out at the meeting or the swap. About 30 of them are in the mail

For those who have not yet renewed or signed up, if you get things in by next Wednesday, I will try to have your card for you at the swap. For those who can't make it to the swap, I can mail them.