Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes

Old 02/13/2007, 01:51 AM
Registered Member

flameangel88,

in what order did you introduce your fish? i only have a powder blue tang and green chromis right now, but i'd like to eventually have some wrasses, maroon clown, and maybe a majestic angel.

did your fish fight a lot? that's a lot of semi-aggressive to aggressive fish in a 75.
Old 02/13/2007, 02:16 AM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Here's my late and sorely missed asfur, what a cool fish he was.

Old 02/13/2007, 02:34 AM
Premium Member

Old 02/13/2007, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

This thread is making me want to start another FOWLR!
Old 02/13/2007, 10:48 AM
Happy Scrappy Hero Pup

Treg- you alway take such nice pictures, what kind of camera are you using and what are your settings if you dont mind me asking? Nice job!
Old 02/13/2007, 12:21 PM
Premium Member

Thanks KT

I have the first edition Canon D Rebel and use the kit lens mostly. Or the $79 50mm F/1.8.

I use a Tripod with a shutter release, F stop @ 5 with kit lens or around 3.2 with the 50mm. ISO 200-400. No flash.

I edit with Photoshop Elements 4.0. It can be had pretty cheap on Ebay.
Old 02/13/2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jlo0218
flameangel88,

in what order did you introduce your fish? i only have a powder blue tang and green chromis right now, but i'd like to eventually have some wrasses, maroon clown, and maybe a majestic angel.

did your fish fight a lot? that's a lot of semi-aggressive to aggressive fish in a 75.
Here's the order of introduction in 2006:

Mid June--pygmy angel and a pair of gsm (since they were first in they standup to anyone that comes close to their bta.

Beg of July--Hippo (3") and Majestic (3.25")

Mid July--YT (3.25" and for $1.99 I couldn't resist) what a mistake...this one is the king in there.

Mid Sep--goldflake (3") and Flagfin angel (3.25")

Beg of Oct--Blueface (2.25-2.5") I'd to remove this one because of the majestic's constant harrassment. After 6 wks in the 24g and fed good and got strong I reintroduced it back to the 75g and its doing very well now.

Mid Nov--med FA

Beg of Dec--added 3 FAs of different sizes but the smallest one didn't made it but was kind of bad looking when I rec'd it.

They all get along pretty well and the majestic will give a quick chase every now and there when they come head to head with the BF and the same with Flagfin chasing the FA but no harms done. I can't wait to move them into the larger tank this summer.
Old 02/13/2007, 01:01 PM
Registered Member

wow, that is very surprising considering that the maroons are considered "aggressive". did you put the anemone first or the maroon in first?

i'm thinking about stocking the tank with maroon and majestic, but not sure what order to put it in.

typically, the rule of thumb is to go from more peaceful to more aggressive, from smaller to larger... but i'm not sure.
Old 02/13/2007, 01:02 PM
In the undertow

Treg, those pics really are fantastic -- especially the first one. I'm writing down that camera info, because I need all the photo help I can get, and my little Canon PowerShot isn't cutting it.
Old 02/13/2007, 03:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jlo0218
wow, that is very surprising considering that the maroons are considered "aggressive". did you put the anemone first or the maroon in first?

i'm thinking about stocking the tank with maroon and majestic, but not sure what order to put it in.

typically, the rule of thumb is to go from more peaceful to more aggressive, from smaller to larger... but i'm not sure.

The maroons went in first then one day the female didn't like the male anymore started kicking the male out of their home and not long after the male jumped. I added a smaller male couple of weeks later and he got his a-- kicked for about 3 wks and now they been together for a couple of months now.

It's hard to say which one goes in first just as all angels are different in the reef as some will munch on corals and others don't. I have no idea which one been chewing on the fingers of the pulsing xenia because I never seen anyone of them doing it and I have to remove the xenia and now someone is doing the same on the green star. As for the aggression, we the caretaker have to monitor closely especially during introduction period. Anything I put in there the YT is always ready to go beat up the new one but most of the time it's showing the new one who's the boss and after a couple of days they are all fine in there. I think you can put both the maroons and the majestic in the same time.
Old 02/13/2007, 04:14 PM
Premium Member

My male Blackspot Angel

[IMG]http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/24079Angel.JPG[/IMG]
Old 02/13/2007, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

This Thread is going GREAT!! I have bad news though. My majestic came down with velvet, and im not to sure how long it will last. It was QT for 2 weeks at LA, the I QT'ed for 2 more weeks. The guy looked great not a scratch on him, and was eating like a pig. So I thought I would put him in the main tank. Well he is still eating like a pig, but I guess all the stress got to him. If he dies, Ill have to get another!! I just love that guy. So far he is back in QT, with a SG of 1.018, and is getting treated with copper, but the poor guys is getting lazy and loosing his color . I hate to spend all that money on a fish and it dies 2 weeks later, but what can I do. But keep the pics commin, good health to all!!!

100 Gallon 100Lbs L/R, 100lbs L/S, Tek Limited Edition 6 Bulb!!
Old 02/13/2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmaniak
This Thread is going GREAT!! I have bad news though. My majestic came down with velvet, and im not to sure how long it will last. It was QT for 2 weeks at LA, the I QT'ed for 2 more weeks. The guy looked great not a scratch on him, and was eating like a pig. So I thought I would put him in the main tank. Well he is still eating like a pig, but I guess all the stress got to him. If he dies, Ill have to get another!! I just love that guy. So far he is back in QT, with a SG of 1.018, and is getting treated with copper, but the poor guys is getting lazy and loosing his color . I hate to spend all that money on a fish and it dies 2 weeks later, but what can I do. But keep the pics commin, good health to all!!!
What a shame, I hope he makes it

So long, & thanks for all the fish!
Old 02/13/2007, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Thanks . I hate loosing fish, even thought I just got him, he has made his way to the top of my list.

Old 02/13/2007, 07:56 PM
Premium Member

Old 02/13/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

I know hes got some HLLE but were trying to fix it. My juvi Koran.... [IMG][/IMG]
Old 02/13/2007, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

I am not a photographer. My Blueface:

Old 02/13/2007, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmaniak

Very sorry to hear that and I hope your majestic will made it. I'm a bit concern for your cinnamon clowns if your main still have the bacteria. Monitor closely for a while and hope everything is well.
Old 02/13/2007, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

flameangel88: Thanks. Thankfully the majestic is up and going alot better now. Still eating good, so that is a good sign. I think the lower SG is helping alot. All I see on the angel is the scaring left by the evil parisite. Im sure it will heal up, but it looks bad now. It has also got alot of color back. The blue is blue again, and not brown/white. Im sure it has got alot to do with the stress of shipping that got the angel off gaurd. The clowns are doing great, but are visiting the cleaner. Hopfully they keep on truckin.

Old 02/14/2007, 02:19 AM
Registered Member

Shes coming up on one year in the tank

[/IMG]
Old 02/14/2007, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Lookin good!! Keep them commin!

Old 02/15/2007, 07:59 AM
Pimping the Lady Boys

Those white multicolors are just awsome!
Old 02/15/2007, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Talking

My beautiful Fat Flag fin... I LOVE this guy, and he is such a pig, he eats everything as many times as I feed him!!

Regards,

-Jc
Old 02/15/2007, 11:13 AM
Team RC Member

I'm sorry guys, I have no pics yet :-(
But I just wanted to say that you all have some of the most beautiful tanks I have seen. There is an undeniable beuaty in reef tanks, but nothing compares to angel's in a reef setting - IMO

I will be posting soon though - due to take delivery of an 8x2x2 :-)

Matt
Old 02/15/2007, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

It wouldn't be to much to ask to post some full tank shots. Som of you have very large angels and would love to them in a FTS.