Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/30/2005, 03:41 PM
Go Sooners!

Thinking of Adding a Second Clown

Need some advise from all you clown/anenome experts. Jen and I currently have a 20 gallon that consists of a juvi clarki clown, GBTA and a purple firefish. We look at the tank and even though it looks nice and we love it, we think it's missing something. We were thinking about adding another BTA, like a rose bubble. And also possibly another clarki. Would this be a bad idea? If this was your tank, what would you do? I need all ideas and opinions. Thanks

Kerry
Old 10/30/2005, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

I don't have any experience with clarki's, but i tried putting 2 maroon's together, and i was very cautious adding them together, but one killed the other. It would be easier if you added them at the same time. Or possibly take your current one out now and put him in a breeding cage while the new one gets used to the tank so both have a sense of ownership.
Old 10/31/2005, 04:02 AM
Registered Member

IMO:

Getting a smaller new one would give better positive result.

But if the sizing too small, I wonder would they ever breed.... like my case.

My is False Percula, latter introduce a small one, they paired up with no fuss. But their sizing difference quite huge.... :|
Old 10/31/2005, 06:37 AM
Go Sooners!

I did some reasearch and what I found was that if I got one that was bigger than my current one (he's about 1"), then they might pair up.