Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > El Paso Marine Aquarium Society (ELPMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2008, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Talking New RO/DI

Well I just got my new unit. I have found that UPS is like Santa Clause.....They show up in the middle of the night, but only after you have fallen asleep.

The install literally only took 30 minutes from opening the box to starting to fill up my first container.

I went with the 75 gpd five stage ocean wave from the filter guys. I added the float valve and RO bypass, and total with shipping was less that $200. I want to thank every one who recomended this company, as their customer service is unbeatable. I have found when trying to teach other people the hardest part is to remember when you knew nothing of the subject. Jim at the filter guys truley understands that we may not have dealt with ro/di before and knows exactly what we may need (even if we don't).

Finally after years of back and forth to the water store, I am free of 5 gallon bottle hauling!!!!
Old 01/11/2008, 08:52 AM
King of the Tank!

Justin – Good to hear!! I will always use the thefilterguys just for the customer service. Where are the pics? Did you figure out a storage container?

Jay
Old 01/11/2008, 09:17 AM
Registered Member

your going to miss the the work out you were getting. sound like a very nice unit.
Old 01/11/2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

I will post some pics this weekend. I was thinking about putting the float valve on a brute can that will be put on casters to roll from bathroom where the unit is to the dinning room where the tank is. I am not sure how the compression fitting will hold up from being installed and removed frequently though.
Old 01/11/2008, 11:58 AM
Registered Member

psuedopimp, i use two cans. one to fill, one to move the water where i need it.