Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences

Old 02/08/2007, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Ultimate Frags is out of business

As of 02/07/07 Ultimate frags is closed for business.I just received a very large order from them last week.I guess I ordered just in time.
Daryl
Old 02/08/2007, 02:59 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

That sucks. I wasn't all that impressed with them since they label every corallimorph they have as "Ricordia" even when they're clearly not, which is pretty dishonest in my opinion.

But, I still hate to see stores close... more competition is good for us buyers afterall

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 02/08/2007, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

rommel is a very good to do business with and is far from being dishonest.
Old 02/08/2007, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Anybody know why? Is he selling his business?
Old 02/08/2007, 05:06 PM
Reefin'

He had some family problems from what ive heard and he sold it to an ebay seller.....

Ichthyophobia - fear of fish
Old 02/08/2007, 11:15 PM
Ricordea ¤ Addict

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9191756#post9191756 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ktar
rommel is a very good to do business with and is far from being dishonest.
Dishonest was too strong of a word. Maybe "very misleading". It's a pretty far stretch to label a discosoma mushroom or a typical rhodactis as a "ricordia".

I am a proud member of the Chesapeake Marine Aquaria Society (CMAS). If you're in the Maryland area check us out!
Old 02/08/2007, 11:24 PM
Losing my mind

Ultimate frags is now owned by zoafrags/John/Piberoptikz. Do research on feedback before buying.
Old 02/09/2007, 11:38 AM
Delaware Valley Reef Club

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9195462#post9195462 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chelsey
Ultimate frags is now owned by zoafrags/John/Piberoptikz. Do research on feedback before buying.
Chelsey is right.. be very, very cautious..

Prop&Save!
...Sure don't know what I'm going for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure...
Old 02/09/2007, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

I've actually been in contact with zoafrags/John/Piberoptikz and he seems like a decent guy. Quick and courteous replies to my emails in regards to seeing his stock in person.

He isn't ready for visitors yet (he just moved), but will informed me when he is. If you guys are interested, I can post my findings after I get a chance to visit his place.
Old 02/09/2007, 12:50 PM
Waste Management

Hey maybe he can refund the 80.00 I got screwed out of by Romell before he shut down shop. He took my money left out the 20 per polyp strawberry playps & then never returned my e-mails or phone calls....hummm that sounds like someone who is real honest.
Old 02/09/2007, 12:55 PM
Delaware Valley Reef Club

EBN- First impressions arent everything.. Do some research.. just type piberoptikz into google...

Prop&Save!
...Sure don't know what I'm going for, but I'm gonna go for it for sure...
Old 02/09/2007, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Didn't have to go that far; did a search on RC on others' experience.

Thanks for the heads up, Matt. I'll definitely gonna be leery of any business dealings with him.
Old 02/09/2007, 06:23 PM
Waste Management

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9201410#post9201410 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by thecichlidpleco

"I have not heard from Rommel/ Ultimatefrags either. WE have not talked about the ultimatefrags website. Since im doing great on ebay, i don't need ultimatefrags.com.

Tnx

- John"
Hummmmm thats funny Romell said he sold his website & all his contacts to this John/Zoafrags something is very shady.
Old 02/10/2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

ugh, zoafrags is such a pud... never order from him... NEVER>
Old 02/10/2007, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

I've never ordered from either...but if Rommel is having some family problems... and people have had good experience in the past... I would think that people would give him the benefit of the doubt...

Perhaps he's had a death in the family... or someone has been diagnosed with something horrible...and it's taking all of his time for a while ....

If you something happen bad enough in your family that would cause you to have to sell off your business quickly...then maybe you wouldn't be having time for a bit to check emails about an $80 refund...but if he is a good business man... and honest...I'm betting that whenever the smoke clears with whatever family or personal problems he's having....that perhaps he'll attend to refunds after that.

Just trying to offer an objective outside opinion.
Old 02/10/2007, 11:06 AM
Waste Management

Thanks for the kind words but after my order was sent, Romell when asked what happend to the strawberry palls responded "well I shipped them to someone & those we the last of them". BullS@#T he was healthy enough to take my money, he should have the decentcy to refund it. Sorry no pitty party over here, were I'm from thats called stealing.
Old 02/10/2007, 11:08 AM
Waste Management

Thanks for the kind words but after my order was sent, Romell when asked what happend to the strawberry pallys responded "well I shipped them to someone & those we the last of them". BullS@#T he was healthy enough to take my money, he should have the decentcy to refund it. Sorry no pitty party over here, were I'm from thats called stealing.
Old 02/10/2007, 11:09 AM
Waste Management

Thanks for the kind words but after my order was sent, Romell when asked what happend to the strawberry pallys responded "well I shipped them to someone & those we the last of them". BullS@#T he was healthy enough to take my money, he should have the decentcy to refund it. Sorry no pitty party over here, where I'm from thats called stealing.
Old 02/10/2007, 11:10 AM
Waste Management

LOL sorry tripple post.
Old 02/10/2007, 01:19 PM
Premium Member

donovan....how can you whine about him stealing when it says in your occupation that you are a "shoplifter". no pitty party for you either
Old 02/10/2007, 02:07 PM
zoa ninja

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9207040#post9207040 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scapes
donovan....how can you whine about him stealing when it says in your occupation that you are a "shoplifter". no pitty party for you either
i think that would be a joke? it wasn't right that rommel took his money but failed to stay in touch. hopefully it will work out for you in the end Don
Old 02/10/2007, 02:20 PM
Waste Management

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9207040#post9207040 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scapes
LOL!!!!!!!!!
Old 02/10/2007, 02:26 PM
Waste Management

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9207308#post9207308 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kigs
i think that would be a joke? it wasn't right that rommel took his money but failed to stay in touch. hopefully it will work out for you in the end Don
Thanks but I'm not the only person he did this to.
Old 02/10/2007, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

I received my order from Rommel last week.I ordered only one or two polyps of several different types of Zoa's.Some of the Zoa's he sent me were full colonys for the price of one polyp.He also sent me several free frags.I am happy with the service I received from Rommel.This is only my experience with him I can't speak for others experiences with him.
Daryl
Old 02/10/2007, 04:08 PM
zoa ninja

judging by the mixed reviews of Rommel at this time of business closing, i think it is not surprising for some confusions to occur between several transactions. I've heard great reviews about him ever since I joined RC but I'm sure he will make things right for you. Especially if what people are saying is true and it is a family emergency, you should give him some time. If nothing comes up, you can always take the legal course of action. You have nothing to lose?