Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/08/2005, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Iszabelle:

I'll ask the wife to take a bunch of pictures of my critters. Hopefully, I'll have something you will like.

Regards,

Roy
Old 10/09/2005, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

I got some of those nice blastos from duec22 on a side trade at the April swap. The frag I got has more than doubled in size since!
Old 10/09/2005, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

I'm glad to they are doing well...this time my colony is big enogh to do a side trade and still put a frag on swap tabels.
Old 10/09/2005, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Duec - I will trade a sps frag for a frag of your blasto - I am sure we can find something in my tank to trade. Pam
Old 10/09/2005, 01:55 PM
Registered Member

Pam, after seeing your tank at the last swap, that's an offer I can't refuse. It's a deal.

Last edited by duec22; 10/09/2005 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10/09/2005, 02:10 PM
I TiVo SPS growth

Here are some pics of the colonies i'm planning to frag from for the swap.. lmk if anyone wants to trade.

Old 10/09/2005, 05:00 PM
Hobby Addict

I would like a frag of the second pic. What would you want for it? Or what are you looking for?
Old 10/10/2005, 04:06 PM
Hab SoSlI' Quch!

Here are my other blues. They are the same exact blue as in the earlier pic, but my camera skills suck, and the blues come out purplish.

I don't have a lot of these available, but I might be persuaded to trade a small frag.

Old 10/10/2005, 04:34 PM
Registered Member

Thoses zoo's are killer..
Old 10/10/2005, 04:38 PM
Macro Algae Connoisseur

yeah those zoos are nice
i got some stuff you might be interested in liz
Old 10/10/2005, 04:41 PM
I TiVo SPS growth

Gorilla.. will you be at the next Mars meeting? i can bring a frag then.

huy
Old 10/10/2005, 05:16 PM
Hab SoSlI' Quch!

Thanks David.

PM sent to Sam.
Old 10/12/2005, 11:21 PM
Premium Member

Izsabelle:

Tried to respond to your PM. Since RC PM Mailboxes fill up so fast, please just send me an email at racrumrine@yahoo.com

Regards,

Roy
Old 10/13/2005, 01:21 AM
Hobby Addict

xdroccax: You have pm
Old 10/18/2005, 05:57 PM
Tailspot Blenny

I'm coming to the MARS swap! This is exciting. It's my first swap, and my tank is FOWLR right now and I hope to stock it. But I'm not sure how the swaps usually are run. Can someone explain it to me?

This is what I've gotten out of reading posts:
To participate: Must be a member of a club
$10 fee if you don't have a frag to "donate"
And people have a lot of frags that they trade...

I'm a member of BAR, and I don't have a single frag. I need to pay $10? If I did get a frag, what does "donating" mean?

Do people just walk around and ask one another if they want to trade?

Could I buy frags if I have nothing to trade on top of giving $10 to someone?

How long does it usually last for?

Do you guys also sell/trade equipment?

Cool, thanks for the help! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Old 10/18/2005, 09:56 PM
Moving Along

I beleive the swap is open to all local clubs.If you are a member and dont have a frag then I beleive you pay 5 bucks to participate in the swap.Another 5 bucks covers you for the BBQ. When you enter and show your membership(in your case your BAR card) youll be assigned a letter then in order each letter is called for 3 minutes of "chosing"time. And wait if you wish for the letters to cylce through until its your turn again, and so on and so on, till there all gone And by all means you can join MARS as well as being a BAR member if you wish

-Justin
Old 10/18/2005, 10:12 PM
Premium Member

Correction: It's $10 if you don't contribute frags + $5 for the BBQ. If you want the BBQ - please respond to Budgetyourself. She needs to know how much food to purchcase.

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin74
I beleive the swap is open to all local clubs.If you are a member and dont have a frag then I beleive you pay 5 bucks to participate in the swap.Another 5 bucks covers you for the BBQ. When you enter and show your membership(in your case your BAR card) youll be assigned a letter then in order each letter is called for 3 minutes of "chosing"time. And wait if you wish for the letters to cylce through until its your turn again, and so on and so on, till there all gone And by all means you can join MARS as well as being a BAR member if you wish

-Justin
Old 10/19/2005, 01:16 AM
Tailspot Blenny

So if I had a frag I wouldn't pay $15? Not that I'm skimpy or whatever, just wondering. I might be able to get a frag, a fellow reefer may be able to give me one =X but $15 isn't bad.

I'd definately want to join MARS too if they have meetings at places like Dixon... it's not THAT far away from Berkeley =)
Old 10/19/2005, 01:41 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by koden
I might be able to get a frag, a fellow reefer may be able to give me one =X but $15 isn't bad.
I guess you don't get the purpose of the frag swap. Hoping that someone gives you one frag so that you can avoid paying the $10 fee is technically within the rules, but defeat the spirit of the swap. The purpose isn't to try to get a much free stuff as possible while not paying. The $10 is a way to try to say - "Hey, I know I don't have much to contribute, but here's MY way of trying to contribute back." Some club actually use that $10 to purchase some frags to put back into the swap or to pay for the cost of hosting the event. At my second frag swap, I brought a few frags AND paid because I didn't have much. Oh well....

Last edited by Reefugee; 10/19/2005 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10/19/2005, 01:42 AM
Tailspot Blenny

right.
Old 10/19/2005, 02:08 AM
Premium Member

Oh BTW - the MARS meeting is in Folsom - which would add about another 40-45 minute drive from Dixon.
Old 10/19/2005, 02:28 PM
BAR Web Master

Quote:
Originally posted by koden
I'm a member of BAR, and I don't have a single frag. I need to pay $10? If I did get a frag, what does "donating" mean?
Per my other posts and attempts to contact you to resolve this yet again, I have to point out that YOU ARE NOT A MEMBER OF BAR.

Koden has posted this claim previously in the BAR forum, I have tried to contact him via PM to resolve this, but no reply, so hopefully a public post might motivate him to do so.

If you wish to join then we would obviously wlecome you aboard, please visit the web site at www.bareefers.org or perhaps join MARS at their swap.

Regards,
Dave
BAR Membership Coordinator / Webmaster
Old 10/19/2005, 02:53 PM
Tailspot Blenny

Dave,
I joined BAR, but not with an RC handle. I PM'd you a reply as well, but apparently you didn't get it. Why am I having the worst possible experience with BAR ever? Here is a public post that might motivate you:

I AM A MEMBER OF BAR

To remain disconnected from my RC handle is my own choice of anonymity.

All these posts have just lead to everyone hating me, thinking I'm a liar, not responsible, and a horrible person.

I PM'd you. What is your problem?

There are a couple people on BAR who just won't get off my back anytime there is a hint of a mistake.

I've been trying to meet people and have a good time being a BAR member, but right now it sucks. There are cool people, and I get good information, but seriously I cannot always ignore all the other crap.

You probably just didn't see my PM, and because of my RC handle not being in your database, there has been a misunderstanding. But always putting this out in public to resolve issues is just putting me on the spot. Don't you think? All the posts I've gotten keep stemming from these past posts are useless, worthless, and are usually just some quick assumptions and misunderstandings that lead to a dramatic chain of events that leads nowhere.

BAR is very forum dependant, and in my opinion, causes a lot of these types of mistakes and misunderstandings.

You should not always base your information and decisions not on online forms of communication.

I'm truely getting sick and tired of all of this! It's not anyone's fault, it's the damn dependancy of the forums for everything, and the lack of expression forum posts allow that are causing all these problems. Everyone needs to understand that, so they could back off. please.
Old 10/19/2005, 03:01 PM
Moved On

Let's keep this civilized and out of the MARS forums please. I would suggest meeting in person to resolve any issues.

Peace
ROb
Old 10/19/2005, 03:24 PM
Tailspot Blenny

Rob,
I would've liked to keep it out, but Dave definately intended on bringing it here. I can't escape it. Sorry for my post, but this became ridiculous. Back on topic!

Anyone have any Randall Goby's? Peppermint Shrimp? that they want to sell at the meet?