Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers

Old 03/31/2007, 11:28 PM
Premium Member

Need help picking out good one......

I'm looking to start making a list of Lps I want in my tank. It a 25 gal at 21L X 18W X 16H with a 175 watt MH 14K light. I will have about 2 inches Live Sand. I would like to have three sections of the tank. Top, Middle, and Bottom. Can everyone tell me some good LPS for each level.

Thanks Everyone
Simper Fi Rich
Old 04/01/2007, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

Rich, it's not that simple. Everyone can make recommendations but what is important is YOUR perception of good ones.

Perhaps you can continue to peruse forums, local club member tanks, stores, etc to create a list of things you like.

Do some research to verify ease of care, in addition to light, care and feeding requirements. Come back here and ask specific questions about placement, etc.

I'm a newb but I'd be glad to help out a fellow Jarhead any way I can. :lol

PM me.
Old 04/01/2007, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Hey Rich, I have a similar setup in one of my tanks. Most of my Lord frags and micro frags are on the bottom. Moderate light and flow. My brains and some of my zoos seem to really like the top part with more light and flow. My echinos and duncans are on the bottom towards the back. That's what works in my aquarium. I even have some sps frags on top in front of the jets, doing great. Experiment a little with your tank regarding how much light and flow your corals require. good luck, and start slow.