Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/18/2006, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

Red Sea Aquazone plus OZONE question

Has anyone had any problems with these units? I'm debating weather or not I should by this used one that's for sale in my area for a not to bad price, it is about a year and a half old but I'm not sure how long they stay good for(producing quality ozone), and stuff like that. Please give me your input on what you think. Thanks.
hydor koralia #4 & #3
Old 08/18/2006, 09:11 PM
Premium Member

I love mine and would not trade it for the world. I have the 200 Mv/hr version and it worked wonders in the first couple days. No more yellow water, lower levels, and more skimmate make it worthwhile.
Old 08/18/2006, 10:14 PM
Premium Member

I've got the 100mg/hr unit. I also like it and have had not problems with it.

If anything absolutely can NOT go wrong, it will anyway.
Old 08/19/2006, 12:59 AM
Registered Member

I was really afraid of using ozone as I know there are certainly risks associated with it. However this unit makes things very simple. It is very lightweight and has a real time ORP display. I would reccomend this over base Aquazone model because of the ease of use. I had an inital orp of around 140 and now I am in the lower 300's Mv. I went with th 50mg/hr on a 150gallon and it seems to handle it ok though a 100mg unit would have been a bit better. so make sure the unit you want to get is enough for your tank size as this is the only issue I have at times with mine. Also If it's used make sure it comes with or due purchase an Air drier as this helps produce better quality ozone. by removing moisture which at least for me is a issue.
Old 08/19/2006, 07:25 AM
Premium Member

I luv my Red Sea 200 mg/hr unit, keeps my ORP constant at my target range of 450. It definately works, and as vijay says, the Air Dryer really makes it a more efficient unit. I have two air dryers, I keep the extra one dry for a quick change out when I need to dry the other.
Old 08/19/2006, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Thanks. I think I will see if it is still available. You guys are awsome!
hydor koralia #4 & #3