Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/19/2006, 01:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

So, if I wanted to add a link, such as Melev's site, all I would need to do would be to create a new event and hopefully the board approves it? That's cool!!!
You can create either Events or WebLinks. In your case you'd pick "Submit WebLink", set the category to "DIY Plans and Projects" and fill in the rest of the info. (We can also add whatever other categories make sense, you just can't add a new category from that form.) If you wanted to create a new event entry, like an upcoming meeting, you can pick "Submit Event".

I'm looking into ways to allow members to add other types of items besides just those two. The goal is to let people add entries to the site to make it as "self-service" as possible, without having a total free-for-all that is easliy abused by spammers.

In either case the admin (i.e. me at the moment) gets email that something new has been submitted, and can decide to either publish, modify or delete it.

Larry
Old 04/19/2006, 03:56 PM
Registered Member

Hey Larry I sent you an email with the gmail and paypal info. Hope that helps.
Old 04/20/2006, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Great work on the site Larry,

I have a question about the frag swap, I only have 2 or 3 frags but would like to pick up more frags than that at the swap. Can we purchase frags instead of just swap? (Never had the chance attend a swap before)

Also, can we keep this post at the top of the RMRC forum so people can check out Larry's hard work?

Bart
Old 05/01/2006, 02:42 PM
Reefkeeper-Philologist

You can buy, sell, or trade at the swap, if they use the same rules as before.

Brad (I've never been to a frag swap, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night)

M. Porcius Cato, Rome, 2nd Century BCE
Old 05/01/2006, 04:02 PM
Premium Member

For those that have inquired about purchasing frags at the upcoming swap, here is the thread that was sent out prior to the last swap. I don’t have any idea if this is the same procedure they plan to use for the next swap but it should give you an idea.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...ight=frag+swap
Old 05/09/2006, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Talking

Edited because I found what I was looking for.
Sorry!
Old 05/09/2006, 02:56 PM
Registered Member

I guess what I found isn't what I thought it was!
I would like to see a search function that actually works, will not say it is down/ please consider paying to use it.
Is this site always going to be tied in with RC? Frankly, I see no benefit to RMRC keeping the forums on their site. Is there a reason? I'm not being anti RC, but we spend enough money in this hobby, and I just can't see a benefit to giving them money to use a search function and have a little icon by my name.
Old 05/09/2006, 05:03 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I would like to see a search function that actually works, will not say it is down/ please consider paying to use it.
Is this site always going to be tied in with RC? Frankly, I see no benefit to RMRC keeping the forums on their site. Is there a reason?
I haven't been around long enough to know for sure but I'd assume the RMRC forum is on RC because RC had forums available and the old RMRC web site did not. I'm currently working on plugging forum software into the new RMRC web site so that we can have our own forums there.

Quote:
I'm not being anti RC, but we spend enough money in this hobby, and I just can't see a benefit to giving them money to use a search function and have a little icon by my name.
You say you don't see the benefit of giving them any money and yet you don't mind taking advantage (for free) of all the info the site has to offer. It costs money to run a website, especially one that gets as much traffic as RC (I know from experience, I used to own a small web hosting company). Some of the money RC gets comes from sponsors and some comes from membership dues, and I have no idea whether RC could continue to operate only on sponsor money or not. But for me, I think it's well worth the $2 a month I spend to help support the site considering all the useful info I have gotten and all the money I have saved because of product recommendations. The new RMRC site costs money to run too, and although the info on it (including forums when they arrive) will be basically available for free, I hope people will consider paying membership dues knowing that part of the dues will help keep the site running.

Larry
Old 06/18/2006, 10:17 PM
Premium Member

I'm sorry I missed Saturday's meeting, but I had prior engagements that couldn't be broken.

What would it take to get a message board going at rmrc.info? While reefcentral has given me invaluable insight and information, I think it would be reasonable for us to have an alternative place to post local messages.

I'm a bit disturbed by some of the closed threads and since rmrc has it's own website, can we set up a message board there?

Is there help that can be provided to get a message board going?

Thanks.

ZenMan
Old 06/18/2006, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

sorry i missed the meeting in the denver area Hal (chief) the wife made plans for the weekend so i had to handle that. hope everything went well and a lot of good info was put out.
Old 06/19/2006, 12:32 AM
Ohhhhhh, pretty colors :)

Quote:
What would it take to get a message board going at rmrc.info? While reefcentral has given me invaluable insight and information, I think it would be reasonable for us to have an alternative place to post local messages.

I'm a bit disturbed by some of the closed threads and since rmrc has it's own website, can we set up a message board there?

Is there help that can be provided to get a message board going?
A forum on the website is planned...we are trying to do things with little or no cost so its taking a bit more research to find things that are free/shareware that will work with the site. It is in the plans though

Nate

As family members wept,
And officers consoled one another,
We realized the magnitude of our loss
As we bury yet another Law Enforcement brother
Old 06/20/2006, 05:02 PM
RMRC President

Forums are now up and running at www.rmrc.info!

Thanks Larry!
Old 06/24/2006, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Mega sweetness ! Excellent job...Thank you.
Old 06/28/2006, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

I can't believe that with as ticked off as RMRC folks were a week ago that so many still use this forum as the primary contact point. Larry and others worked to get our own forums up while this forum was closed and very few are using it. I guess people would rather not have a more open forum in which to communicate with the other RMRC members.
I think they will be a huge success if we will start using them more as our main forum and RC as a secondary, or backup.
Bill
Old 06/28/2006, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

I second that notion. I'm checking the RMRC forums first every day.

"And chase the frothy bubbles, / While the world is full of troubles. . . ." --W. B. Yeats
Old 07/01/2006, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

the rmrc page is not looking, i am logged in, but i can't access the forums, it just leaves the log in dialogue box in the window where i should have access...
Old 07/04/2006, 12:15 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by castorpollux
the rmrc page is not looking, i am logged in, but i can't access the forums, it just leaves the log in dialogue box in the window where i should have access...
Are you still having trouble getting in? Email or PM me and let me know if there is still a problem. Make sure you have cookies enabled in your browser too.

Larry
Old 07/08/2006, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Thanks I'll try posting it there also.
Old 01/29/2007, 07:51 PM
RMRC President

http://www.rmrc.info/mambo/index.php...d=26&Itemid=40

Check out the current special deals for RMRC members on our sponsors page!
Old 07/11/2007, 10:27 PM
Premium Member

I didnt want to start a new thread, but I can't get to the website. Anyone else having trouble, or just me?

I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead--Jimmy Buffett
Old 07/13/2007, 02:15 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
I didnt want to start a new thread, but I can't get to the website. Anyone else having trouble, or just me?
Seems to be working fine from here, are you still having trouble getting to it?

Larry
Old 07/16/2007, 07:22 PM
Premium Member

It worked again after a while. Not sure if it was on my end or not, but all is well now.

I'm growing older but not up
My metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck
Let those winds of time blow over my head
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead--Jimmy Buffett
Old 08/28/2007, 10:44 PM
Registered Member

good job the site looks great