Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/16/2004, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Frag swap

What a great meet. I had the most fun! Good food, good frags and what an interesting talk by Anthony. Again thank you Dr. Le for your donations. Pam, I have tank envy. Great job eveyone. What a class act!
Old 10/17/2004, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up Frag Swap

What a blast Saturday was. Awesome turnout and participation by everyone! Thanks to all the club members who showed up (from all the area clubs), Anthony Calfo for two days of great lectures, Dr. Bao Le for donating the animals for the frag demo, and especially Pam and Alan for all their hard work and opening their home once again to over a hundred of us fish nerds! This one was a BIG event and it went very smooth. So... who's house next time?
Old 10/17/2004, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Good times! I was a little leary as to how the frag selection was going to work, but it went alot smoother than I expected. Although, next time there should be a little more room in the frag selection area (I had a hard time squeezing through the isles to get a look at all the tanks if there was more than 3 people in there). But altogether I thought it was great. People brought in some nice frags and it seemed like there was more than enough to go around. Great job to the organizers and thanks Pam for hosting!

So is this going to be a bi-annual event (once every 6 months)?

Arlan
Old 10/17/2004, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

Frag swap

HELL NO!!! Once (1) a year please and Thank You
Old 10/18/2004, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
HELL NO!!! Once (1) a year please and Thank You
Are you sure about that? Wasn't the last one about 6-7 months ago? Now you're going to make us wait an entire year? ... Totally understandable especially now that you've gotta start planning WMC II .

Arlan
Old 10/18/2004, 11:48 AM
Moved On

Great time on Saturday. It was a very large event and went fairly smooth. I'd like to thank Pam and her Husband again for opening up there home for all us freaks. The frag quality was great this time. I look forward to the next one!!!
Old 10/18/2004, 12:23 PM
Registered Member

Saturday was great.

I am new to the hobby and joined MARS at the swap. Just wanted to say thanks to MARS for putting on such a great event. I felt a little bad cause I had no frags to contribute-but the frags I recieved are doing great so I should have something to bring next time around.

Thanks again MARS!!
Old 10/18/2004, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Glad you liked it, and don't worry about having frags to bring. The idea is to spread the wealth and give out good info on how to be successful. 7 or 8 years ago at one of my first MARS meetings I received some green Nephthea and a sprig of Xenia (both of which I have in my tank to this day), and I didn't have anything to trade either. I've given away frags of those corals many times because way back when, someone "did me right". In a few months, or years you can do the same for someone starting out as well. Good luck!!
Old 10/18/2004, 01:51 PM
Moved On

Rich is right. My first Mars meeting about a year and half ago ( or longer) I picked up a frag of the Green Nepthea from Rich and still have it to this day!!!!
Old 10/18/2004, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Just want to add my thank you to Pam and her husband for opening their house to us! I had a GREAT time at both the Friday mtg and the Frag Swap - I even picked up a few nice leather corals to get me started.

Anthony's presentations were awesome - entertaining and informative and he is very friendly and easy to talk to.

I'm hoping to be able to attend the monthly meetings on a regular basis - it was really nice to put a face to a name. If this last meeting is any indication, we may need to look at taking over the whole resturant in the near future.

Thanks,

Alex