Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > LPS Keepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/25/2006, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

my goby burried my open brain...

So, I get home yesterday from being at work all day and I come home to find that my diamond watchman goby burried half of my red open brain (Trachyphyllia geoffroyi) . I uncovered it and the half that was covered is now only bare skeleton. I have had this brain for a couple of months with no problems what so ever. I there anything that I sould do to nurse it back to good health?
Thanks,
Jack
Old 08/25/2006, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

feed it alot of meaty foods as large as they can handle it should show improvment in about a week or 2.
Rob
Old 08/25/2006, 12:19 PM
Moved On

There is no way that in one day it died like that.. It must have been burried for some time.. Anyway just try feeding meaty foods like Rwojick said and hopefully it will come back for you.
Old 08/25/2006, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

i have had a fungia get burried for less than a hour and its skelton began to show. one of the many reason i went to bare bottom.
Rob
Old 08/25/2006, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

thank you for your response rob. I current;y feed most of my corals 2-3x week. Do you think I should bump it up and try everyother day for the brain until it starts to look better?

paininthewrasse- I have much empathy for people like you that just run around and cry for attention.