Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/11/2005, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Nemo79----FRAUD Beware !!!! #1Ahole

Watch this guy, he'll try to rip you off !!! I sent him a $100 M/O for an overflow box and a Mag9.5. He cashed the M/O Feb 21st. We never rec'd the items bought. I tried to contact him on the 3rd of March. He wouldn't respond. I finally pulled him out, in one of the threads that he had started. Then he said that I never contacted him for over a month !! I both PM'ed and e-mailed him several times before resorting to calling him out in his own post. I will post a copy of one of his e-mails that I rec'd while trying to work this thru. He also lied and said that his wife was the postmaster in his little world. He stated that he sent it insured, then quoted me a bunch of bogus post office insured mail regulations that he pulled from his..... anyway, the last I heard from him was when I sent him the date that the M/O was cashed, he said that he would see what he could do. Apparently after he found out that he was going to have to pay us, because he could produce no reciept proving that the items were ever shipped in the first place. If he had shipped it insured, and IF his wife were the postmaster, do you fell that he would have had any trouble getting my money???? Here's the e-mail from Nemo79,,,,,
i also said i sent it. you have no clue how the legal system works do you?? copies of email mean nothing, look at this email i got from you.

hi eric, just wanted to let you know i got the pump, thanks alot.
curtis

anyone can make any cut and pasted email say anything they want. press the charges then lets take this to court cause im not sending your money back when you wait a ****ing month to tell me you didnt get somthing.
this is your fault, not mine. if i ordered somthing and live 3 states away and didnt get it within 4 or 5 days, i would ask whats going on for sure, not wait a whole month then send an email asking what hapend. that is a dumb move. and the date does matter, casue there is the proof that you are stupid enough to wait so long before inquiring.

thanks and good luck.

-------------- Original message --------------

You already admitted that you cashed it, you must not be very bright ????? You have one week to get the money here to me. The postmaster here at my PO says otherwise on the signing policy and the 7 day crap that you made up! If I don't have the money by 1 week. I will be pressing charges. What day you cashed it, does not matter. I have a copy of the M/O. 1 week !!!! End of the email,,,,, This is the kind of idiot you will be dealing with. I am pressing charges for mail fraud and also plan on contacting the local authorities to assist.
Old 04/13/2005, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Curtis, the law in most states is 365 days from the date of payment to file.

Good luck.

Emerson
Old 04/13/2005, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, I have the forms already, just haven't filled them out yet. Tonight !!!!
Old 04/13/2005, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

give him hell!
tg
Old 04/26/2005, 08:51 PM
Registered Member

This is why,, when ever I send anything to anybody,, I pay the 45 cents for delivery confirmation,, This way Im assured they actually recieve it.. Just some advise Nemo.. Give the man his money back,, you cant prove you sent it,, you cant prove he recieved it.. He Can prove you took his money.. Curtis?? Hound him like a Blue Tic, every post he makes, call him out..That crap just isnt right..