Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Buyer/Seller Feedback

Old 09/07/2003, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

seriously,
not slighting anyone here, but come on. If your not even going to read the posts then don't waste anyone's time posting your opinion that is biased solely on YOUR dealings with him.
PSEUDO SCREWED AZONIC!!! End of story. Psuedo could have given all of his other stuff away to all the other biased people on this thread. That doesn't make his improper dealings with Azonic any less shady. Look at the time frame at least. Pseudo has had way more than enough time to right the wrong that he has done. Just because someone gets pushy doesn't mean the other person gets their way. And the extra money is for....................... THE INSURANCE THAT AZONIC PAID FOR!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
Old 09/07/2003, 04:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
the extra money is for....................... THE INSURANCE THAT AZONIC PAID FOR!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
THANK YOU! I agree...

Pseudo has some good friends here on the boards, I once wrote a negative remark after dealing with him, and it was pulled from the feedback section within minutes. Go figure??? I always thought the boards were for all to enjoy & share experiences good or bad. In fact, I warned Azonic, his trend may get deleted. I'm glad it hasn't.
Old 09/08/2003, 08:15 PM
Registered Member

Again, thanks everyone for the support. It's very much appreciated.

Again, I don't expect my money to ever be paid to me. I noticed Pseudo Boy lurking around some of the forums today so he must have gotten my pm's and emails but chose to not respond to them.

Back when I told him I was going to post about him in the feedback forum, he told me to go ahead and post it and let there be a vote on whose right or wrong....He said for the moderators to have a vote and whoever lost would leave the board forever.

Quote:
Also when you do do this, Let us take it to the people that will make the deciding vote on this (The Moderators). Whoever is wrong will agree to be removed from this website. I will agree to this now.
Guess he's not so confident now.
Old 09/08/2003, 09:38 PM
Premium Member

Wasn't he leaving anyway? I seem to remember seeing someone post about him selling off all his stuff and didn't have a tank now. That's probably why he doesn't care about getting a bad rep...
Old 09/09/2003, 05:32 PM
Queen Supreme multitasker

OK, how does it make sense that psuedo is entitled the money? I had a boat shipped and I had paid for it prior to shipping. If it had been damaged, *I* would have received the money, not the seller.

Doesn't matter if Azonic was a total jerk, a pain, psycho or shady. He paid for the insurance *Owned* the sump upon psuedo's receipt of money and received the sump which he is now in possesion of. Why in the world would Psuedo be entitled to *any* of the money??

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 09/09/2003, 06:39 PM
Moved On

well, you cant expect to get a sump, and the money, its one or the other. So either the money is split, or he gets it all but sends the sump back or something. Cant expect a free sump plus extra money no?
Old 09/09/2003, 07:28 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by wedfr
well, you cant expect to get a sump, and the money, its one or the other. So either the money is split, or he gets it all but sends the sump back or something. Cant expect a free sump plus extra money no?
So the shipper can expect to get paid twice, for nothing??? Is it lucky for him the sump is damaged then? Why not ship everything to get damaged on purpose if you'll get paid twice? Because that would be fraud... Once the sump is paid for it belongs to the buyer. If it's damaged during shipping and the buyer decides to repair it with the insurance money (which is what it's for!) then he's entitled to the freakin' money to repair it. What's wrong with you people?
Old 09/09/2003, 08:16 PM
You did what?

Quote:
Yes he can and here is the reason why-Pseudo Boy agreed to it all ready

Quote:
Originally posted by Pseudo Boy

Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
:-)
Kasei
Old 09/09/2003, 08:21 PM

Not only that, but she DID, to the tune of $100 repair it. Wedr, you need to add a business course to your classes. I am having a hard time with how you are not comprehending this.

Think of it like this, your car gets hail damage, you get a quote for $2300 to repair it, it comes out costing less for some reason. The extra from the check is yours. If you got the check and decided not to fix it, and traded it in. The money is still yours.

She paid the insurance, she *owned* the sump and therefore, being said owner of insurance, the one paying for repair she is entitled the money. For all intent and purposes, he stole it. Just as if a *previous* owner came and fraudulently took my insurance money.

A somewhat legal theft. Why is it that you feel he is entitled to any money??

- Leo Rosten
Old 09/09/2003, 10:49 PM
Moved On

i defiantly agree that Azonic gets AT LEAST what he paid to repair the sump, andif pseudo agreed to give all teh money and keep the sump then azonic gets it all.

All im saying is if you bought a sump from me and it was damaged and you wanted your money back id give it to you but then i get teh sump you dont get to keep both. Te sump was suposed to be returned to pseudo but fedex didnt have the scustoms papers to do so so azonic got it back, so he is getting everything.

What ultimatly shoudl happen is pseudo get the money and the sump back and azonic get a refund for what he paid.

If not then id say the insurance gets split. I just had some bulbs shipped to me that broke, i got the insurance but didnt get to keep the bulbs thats just not fair. obvioulsy once a bulb is broken its broken not liek a sump.

I think you shoudl go for a buisness course, NOTHIGN IN LIFE IS FREE and defiantly dont get paid plus get a product
Old 09/09/2003, 11:01 PM
You did what?

Quote:

I think you shoudl go for a buisness course, NOTHIGN IN LIFE IS FREE and defiantly dont get paid plus get a product
I see that your still a student? good thing because you have a lot to learn.
As soon as he recieved the money for the sump it was no longer his it belonged to Azonic, plus Azonic paid for the insurance.
The insurance was to cover his purchase- now where in there does it say that any part of the sump belonged to Pseudo Boy
It didn't!
Now if I'm selling a sump and I pay for the insurace to cover my @ss then I am entitled to the money but I am also responsible for replacing the sump.
Azonic paid the insurance to cover his @ss not Pseudo Boy's
Old 09/09/2003, 11:14 PM
Moved On

well from the post it says pseudo actually paid about 20-25 dollars worth of shipping and insurance if im correct, and if you want to get technical the last 2 dollars is the insurace part of it.

Like i said before Psuedo shoudl have recieved the sump back that is policy. Who knows Azonic didnt scam this and report a broken sump which he already had, hes produced no pictures no nothing. AZONIC im not calling you a scammer in anyway just bringing up a point to Illosingit and his uneducated mind. Do me a favor and dont tell me i have a lot to learn or make derogitory remarks when you should find out a few more facts of the story, Policy of fedex, and standard procedure for the rest of the world.

If you buy a sump from a retailer and its broken they get it back along with the insurance money form fedex which you the consumer paid for and you get a new sump sent to you. DONT YA??????
Old 09/09/2003, 11:20 PM
You did what?

yes but he didn't have another sump to send and he said

Originally posted by Pseudo Boy

Also if they don't take the sump from you ;-), You can either have it
repaired by Lifereef or do it yourself, you get free money and a
sump.
Old 09/09/2003, 11:48 PM
Team RC Member

Now who paid for insurance again?
Old 09/10/2003, 07:51 AM

It was agreed upon shipping and insurance. It was paid by Azonic. If the shipping cost more and Psuedo chose to eat it, that was Psuedo choice. I do that all the time on ebay, sometimes free shipping. I had a radio get damaged in transit, the buyer got the money and the radio. It was theres. I think I refunded part of the money on top of it. It is called business. It is how you keep good business.

- Leo Rosten
Old 09/10/2003, 09:00 AM
Registered Member

Wedfr man you really need to stay in school for a while. If azonic paid for the insurance then teh money is HIS. it has nothing to do with him keeping the sump, he had it inspected by the shipping company and they determined it was not fixable so they paid the insured amount. THIS IS HOW INSURANCE WORKS. For example i wrecked my car, got a quote to fix it the insurance company gave me a check for 4800 dollars and i fixed the car for 3100. so that doesnt mean i have to give the 1700 back. As said before psuedo fully understood this thats why he said what he did about keeping the sump and the money. seriously it amazes me the ignorance of some people.
Old 09/10/2003, 09:13 AM
Moved On

see you guys miss the point that its not just azonic and the insurance company like all of yrou examples, There are 2 parties involved like in the examples i gave. some of you are dumber then rocks. try thinking abou the situation for more then 3 sconds. Anyway im done with this thread its pretty ovious its going nowhere, the real issue of azonic getting paid isnt getting resolved and people that answer on here seem to be determined to call peoeple stupid.
Old 09/10/2003, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Well wedfr, you are saying something that isn't very bright.

Thats like saying the Nissan dealership would keep the money if I got in a wreck after I drove the car home from the car lot. The Nissan dealer got paid. End of the line for him.

Now its between me and the insurance company. Seller is out of the loop except to supply documentation.
Old 09/10/2003, 09:39 AM
Moved On

oh man you guys are missing the whoel point, every situation is different. This isnt you breaking your car, if azonic broke his own sump fedex wouldnt have paid, and pseudo wouldnt have been involved just liek the nissan dealer wouldnt be involved.

With th eother crashing yrou car example, its you personally involved with your owwn car and insurance company, nobody else is involved, theres no person you bought anythigin form, theres no third party handiling goods just you guys crashing yrou cars.

Compare apples to apples. Gve an example of buying something from an maiorder or online store. And explain to me the process and what happens.
Old 09/10/2003, 09:52 AM

well, if you order a *new* item online, you get a NEW one. Being it is insured for the whole value, you get a replacement. Psuedo didn't have a replacement and it was insured for the current value, aka $200. FEDEX determined it was a valid claim, and sent it to the person that scammed them, deeming he was getting back the sump. He didn't get back the sump. He got the purchase price and the replacement money. Sound fair?

Look at his quote " you can keep it and get the money" Hello, need any more be said?

he got $330 for a sump he sold for $100. Bad shady business. The buyer paid $230 for something they agreed to pay $100 for. I don't see how you are not understanding this. It is very easy, go into business for yourself and you will understand.

- Leo Rosten
Old 09/10/2003, 10:26 AM
Registered Member

This could be the funniest thread i have ever read. WEDFR i honestly cant believe some of the things you are saying. they are completely irrational. the examples given with the car are very applicable in that this is how insurance works, the azonic paid the insurance just as i would pay insurance on a car. the only difference is with a car you insure it against you causing damage and with shipping you insure against them damaging it. You need to read the earlier posts, "he had it inspected by fedex and they determined it was not fixable" so they pay the insured value of 200 dollars. Your remark about comparing apples to apples is totally invalid. The difference in buying from a mail order company is they will have replacements, how can you have an exact replacement on a used sump? ask any attorney that deals in these matters, azonic paid for the insurance so he is entitled to the FULL refund amount. Just as i pay my insurance premiums on my house so if it burns down I get the money. your saying i buy a house, then pay for insurance and it burns down i shoudl give some of the money to the person i bought the house from. psuedo got his money for the sump he was selling.. END OF STORY FOR HIM. he is entitled to NOTHING more then this. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Anyway ive wasted enough time trying to teach a "student" who obvioulsy cant seem to learn. Not trying to be a jerk here but you really dont get it man.
Old 09/10/2003, 10:44 AM
Moved On

mo you dont get it, If you buy somethign mailorder and they DONT have a replacement for you they still refund yrou money and take the broken priduct back, I also do happen to be in buisness for myself. If this is the way it works then why does fedex send the money to the shipper as well as the dmaged goods.

Also what you guys are talking about is really insurance fraud, If fedex knew how much it cost azonic to buy that sump and it was used he wouldnt have gotten a full 200. Just because you ship a 100 dollar sump and insure it for 2 million bucks doesnt mean youll get 2 million.

liek i said lets compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. Im talking to a 40 year old who has his opinions on things and wont listen to reason.

At the very most Azonic should recive his purchase price amount.

BTW if you crash yrou car and get paid by insurance they come and appraise the damage and get an estimate from a body shop, if you decide not to repair yrou car you still get the money because you now have a damaged car, if you do decide to repair it you should end up making no money because the repair shop should do it for the estimate they gave the insurance company . If you decide to then go to a cheaper place you pretty much scamming the insurance company as they should have paid the cheaper price.

Also one more example for you, If you give me a dollar to play in a slot machine for you and i win, the casnio pays me the money, not you . Pseudo paid the insurance on the package and shipping and the money is his. He then has a responsibility to make it right with azonic. Just as it happens with a real mail order biz. Nothing entitles azonic to the full amount paid get your guys heads out from up your asses. he is entitled to the amount he paid for the sump or repaiur and that is it.

ANDDDDD if you crash your car and insurance declares it a total loss and pays for the whoel thing, guess what, they take the car, you dont get to keep it!!! have you guys been living in the real world or what, seems like my young stupid student self has more life experience then you old dudes.
Old 09/10/2003, 11:01 AM

So, what you are saying then is, since psuedo used the money that azo gave him, in the purchase agreement, it is ok that he keeps the money that fedex gave. Even though, fedex would have expected him to *refund* the full purchase price to the buyer, correct?

And since Azo is in possesion of the sump, AND fixed it, AND paid for it in full, you still think the money should go to Psuedo. Can you tell me the reasons he should get it?? He sold it. Fedex damaged it, it was insured and fixe, but psuedo gets the money? Explain in legalese how this makes sense?

- Leo Rosten
Old 09/10/2003, 11:04 AM
Moved On

As a totally impartial newbie, I think it's safe to say I would not purchase ANY item from either pseudo or wedfr. Azonic got hosed. Period.

Glad my first post could be part of such a controversial thread!
Old 09/10/2003, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Ok.....I don't want to fight with anyone and I really don't want people fighting back in forth in this thread to get it locked. So please everyone stop getting at each others throats.

The majority has agreed I am entitled to the money which I am. 100%.

wedfr: I don't want to argue with you about anything. You are more then entitled to your opinion. I just want to make a couple of comments on your posts.

One thing you said was that if I had a product worth x amount of dollars and I insured it for 2 million dollars, i wouldnt get 2 million in insurance....well i agree with you. I didnt expect the $200 at first. When the package arrived I called Fedex to make the claim, and I told them I wanted to make a claim for $130. The price of repairs and the price I paid for shipping. The girl said, "oh...that's not how they do it, they'll just send a cheque for the fully insured amount after inspection." I said, "So I'll get the full $200?" She said "yes sir, that's the way they do it."

While in a 2 million dollar claim it might not be so simple...but in my case I was entitled to the full amount of the insured amount.

Also, whether Kasei paid any extra money for shipping or not has NOTHING to do with me. I agreed to a price...If shipping was more he could of came to me and told me of an increase....He paid any extra amount on his own without ever telling me until a claim is filed? THAT is what I call shady business.

As you have seen, there was a message sent to me from Kasei where he blatantly stated I would have the sump and the free money. It was agreed upon. Regardless of whether we made that agreement or not though, I was still fully entitled.

I really find it hard to believe that some people see this situation as being in favor of Kasei. Like I said before, all I really wanted was the amount for my repairs and shipping. I couldn't even get that. It was a very selfish thing he did. I've even messaged and emailed him since asking just for the $100 for my repairs....to no avail. I get no form of response.

I know I got ripped off here. There really is no argueing that. I've gotten almost 3 pages of support in my favor. The whole point of this post besides a last ditch attempt to get my money was to inform the other ReefCentral members that Pseudo Boy should be avoided. He did this once, he could do it again to someone else. He screwed up the progress of my new tank by over a month and I wouldn't want anyone else to be treated the same way.