Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/24/2005, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

FragsnCrabs.com?

this website has some pretty awesome prices, i was just wondering if anyone has ever delt with them and if they are good or bad?
Old 07/25/2005, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

I know someone who bought from them locally and was very pleased with her purchases. I think I'm going to give them a try!
Old 07/25/2005, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

im curious, has anyone bought from them? i like some of there deals but i would like to know about there customer sevice and products.
thanks,

Mark
Old 07/25/2005, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

They *just* started selling online (like, within the last month or so), so it'll probably be a bit before many people can chime in.
Old 07/26/2005, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Very popular vendor

Frags N Crabs is very popular among Houston area reefers. Here's a link to a discussion forum about them on MARSH, the Houston area saltwater aquarium society:

Old 07/26/2005, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

I am the owner of Frags 'N Crabs.....please let me know if you have any questions.....you can email us at service@fragsncrabs.com

If you want any customer feedback you can ask pretty much anyone on marshreef.com (Houston's Aquariums Society)

Last edited by boudster; 07/26/2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08/09/2005, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

Just received some ricordia' from Frags 'N Crabs are they are beautiful. Shipping was cheap, they arrived fast and I even got an extra one! Sorry for my horrible camera (or poor picture taking ability!

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showp...p?photo=124563

Someone's alittle too curious about the new member of the tank http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showp...p?photo=124562
Old 08/09/2005, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

I also have recieved my first shipment from fragsncrabs.com - I ordered a purple Torch, a green frogspawn, a brain, a ricordia, and a frilly mushroom. Communication was great, shipment was prompt, and these corals are FANTASTIC! I have ordered a lot of livestock online, and this was one of the best experiences, by far.
Old 08/10/2005, 01:25 AM
404 errors turn me on

I've delt with them personally, and enjoyed the service best prices in our city. Can't beat .50c a hermit! I'd highly reccomend them.
Old 08/10/2005, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

Frags N Crabs service

I'm waiting for my first order from them now. Customer service has been great and they've been willing to special order what I want. Reviews here in Houston among everyone I've spoken with have been excellent!
They'll have all my business from now on.
Old 08/10/2005, 06:18 AM
Cowboy Reefer

I recieved an order from them last week and was absolutely thrilled with their service and the corals. I will definitely order from them again in the future.
Old 08/10/2005, 06:22 AM
Reef Geek

I have received a few order from them and have had nothing but great livestock and even better customer service not to mention I can't find prices that cheep anywhere else

MACNA XVIII - Houston, TX Sept 22nd-24th 2006
Old 08/10/2005, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

I can't speak about their shipping since I'm here in Houston and get to pick up locally, but their service and pricing have always been top notch. Besides getting my clean up critters and various frags from them, I also just got three lyretail anthias special ordered - beautiful, healthy fish and all three were only $51!!! Frags-N-Crabs is one of my favorites.

Last edited by saberry; 08/10/2005 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08/10/2005, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

I have personally ordered from them and would highly recommend them to anyone looking to get some stuff cheap!
Old 08/10/2005, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

I have always had excellent service and great prices with these guys. I have bought lots of corals and critters from them... btw i'm going tomorrow to get more Great stuff. Jim at frags-n-crabs has always exceeded my expectations.
Old 08/10/2005, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

I have bought frags, whole colonies, snails, clams and just about anything and everything from frags-and-crabs. Their service is great and the owners are some of the nicest people you will ever deal with. I now buy most of my livestock through them and they have the best prices around. They have the healthy livestock and I am always please with ever thing that I have bought from them. I highly recommend frags-and-crabs. Give them a try you will not be disappointed

Here are a few pic of things I have bought from them

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...r/DSCN0811.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...r/DSCN0783.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b6...r/DSCN0725.jpg
Old 08/10/2005, 08:21 AM
Registered Member

I've had great experience with them. Being in the Houston area, I've picked most of my orders up but I have had some things shipped and have nothing but great things to say about them. The quality of the livestock is second to none and the same goes for the customer service. We have many LFS's here in the Houston area and I can say that because of their quality and pricing, Frags n Crabs is taking a lot of their customers away. I know because I'm one of 'em.
All I can say is try them out.
Old 08/10/2005, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

I have nothing but good things to say about this vendor. There are a lot of places to buy reef creatures, but the prices and quality of the livestock from Frags 'N Crabs can't be matched.
Since Jim is a hobbiest, he knows what people expect and, more importantly, what they want.
Frags 'N Crabs has gone out of their way to special order things for me, follow up to ask about the well-being of the livestock and quickly respond to email messages and PMs on the MARSHreef message board.
Not only would I not hesitate to place an order from them, but I am putting together a reef tank right now that will be stocked entirely with livestock from them.
Old 08/10/2005, 08:56 AM
Student life sucks

They are Awesome... Jim is a great guy and really goes out of his way to help.
Old 08/10/2005, 09:12 AM
Registered Member

I have dealt with them. Nice Frags N Crabs. Really nice things. Saved me alot of money compared to the lFS.
Old 08/10/2005, 09:18 AM
Registered Member

I have bought everything from frags to starfish to fish from F&C.
I have always received quality items and believe they go above and beyond to please their customers. I would definitely recommend them to anyone.
Old 08/10/2005, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

FragsnCrabs (Jim and Lindsey) are top notch to work with. I have bought livestock from them many times and have always paid less and received more than from any other LFS OR Online vendor! The livestock I have purchased have all been excellent, healthy specimens. I recommend them to everyone!
Old 08/10/2005, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Frags N Crabs is great! Some of the best prices around. I've bought several corals from them and all have been very healthy and aclimated well.
Old 08/10/2005, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Another satisfied customer...i have bought the bulk of my livestock from them. Top notch!

Mike
Old 08/10/2005, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Always have great looking stock. Easy to work with, and very responsive/quick to reply. I would recomend them to anyone!

Nathan Andrews