Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/01/2007, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Here are a couple pics from day 10 ( yesterday ) Enjoy...Pugi

Old 10/01/2007, 03:50 PM
Moved On

lookin good.
Old 10/01/2007, 04:35 PM
Premium Member

Very nice . Keep the photos coming !
Old 10/05/2007, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Don't get too frustrated. Out of my first 600 or so caught larve larva I managed to get one!!! past day 3. I then made a couple of changes to my technique and things turned around dramatically. I now have about 600 juvenile clowns from 5 days old to 3 months from two pairs of Ocellaris (one orange pair and one black). I also have another batch of eggs due to hatch tonight or tomorrow night. Be very gentle with the larvae and be patient. I don't want to cause trouble but don't believe everything you are told. Get hold of the book "Clownfishes - by Joyce D. Wilkerson" and start out as simple as you can. Your setup is already more complex than mine. Good Luck - It is extremely rewarding when you try something new with your technique and get success from your efforts and ingenuity.
Old 10/05/2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Wow is all i can say...You have great persaverance....I hope i can get into raising fry,im a little behind as my clowns surprised me last night when i got home and noticed their eggs...I have been researching since then...I need to get on it as it will take a few days to get rotifers even shipped to me to start a culture...This was all great to read and hopefully ive learned a little from some of your misfortunes...>THanks alot for keeping up with this thread...
Old 10/06/2007, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Awesome!! Any updates? My mated pair of clowns are 13 years old, tanked raised. I think I need to continue their lineage someday.
Old 10/31/2007, 12:42 AM
Premium Member

How are the little guys doing now? I just read through the log and your first few attempts... need more News, Pics, Info.... keep the log alive! viva la log!
Old 11/01/2007, 12:15 AM
Premium Member

Please give us an update!!! I have a batch ready to hatch and want to know how yours are doing!
Old 11/01/2007, 04:30 PM
Premium Member

Pugi was sick for a while, but has posted recently on his thread on Utahreefs. He has quite a few of them from that batch still.

Maybe he'll give an update here soon.

Benjamin Franklin
Old 11/16/2007, 02:19 PM
Premium Member

Any updates?

Having a high post count doesn't necessarily show intelligence or knowledge, it simply shows you just talk a lot. - Me