Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > The Fish Breeding Forum
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/28/2006, 12:23 AM
Registered Member

Wenn wir so weiter machen haben wir bald deutsche Threads hier *grins*

I am glad that we are internattional, make great fun the share expierence worldwide!

Peter
Old 03/28/2006, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
micron size Otohime
I think he was meaning is it 50-100 micron or is 100-200 micron

I have been feeding my baby bangai's Golden Pearl in the 100-200 micron.

This looks very simular to the Otohime.

Have a look and let me know what you guys think. I only managed to get 3 Bangaii babies from my reef tank but it is day 18 with no losses. only enriched artemia shrimp for the first 8 days now I feed them on day 1 to day 3 artemia shrimp along with golden pearl 100-200 2-3 times daily.

Golden Pearl
Available in Seven particle Sizes
(Note: The larger the micron number, the larger the particle size. A newly hatched brine shrimp is about 400 microns.)

Active Spheres Golden Pearls: 5-50 microns
Rotifer Size I Golden Pearls: 50-100 microns
Rotifer Size II Golden Pearls: 100-200 microns
(Rotifer/Artemia replacement)
Artemia Size I Golden Pearls: 200-300 microns
(Artemia replacement)
Artemia Size II Golden Pearls: 300-500 microns
Weaning Diet Golden Pearls: 500-800 microns
Juvenile Diet Golden Pearls: 800-1000 microns

Proximate Analysis
Protein: 60%
Lipids: 18%
Ash: 15%
Moisture: 8%
Vitamin C: 1000 ppm
Vitamin E: 400 ppm
Astaxanthin: 500 ppm

Cheers Andrew
Old 04/30/2006, 02:22 AM
Just another crazy

Well I am having a few deaths lately I need to be better at giving them new water, but most seem pretty happy. Some are close to the 1 inch mark. I copied Kathy's version of the fry snatcher and all have to say is WOW THIS THING IS GREAT. Got the biggest catch I ever had with hardly any time involved. Thanks to everyone that had a hand in this contraption.

Mike
Old 05/05/2006, 11:05 AM
RC Sponsor

great thread

im also interested if anyone has tried the goldenpearls
Old 06/30/2006, 05:31 PM
Just another crazy

Well sold the first two babies today. And it feels kind wierd but I caught another batch last night and with Kathy or whoever invented the cather you wind up with hungreds of babies instead of maybe 100 or less so its off we go. I am sure it gets easier RIGHT?

Mike
Old 07/13/2006, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

wow.. This is very informative article. THanks
Old 09/25/2006, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

Hey Mako good job and congrats on the batch.
I would like to have a setup to hatch clown fish. I currently have one pair of Maroon gold stripe in my main tank and going to get another pair for a 30 gallon tank. If they start to lay eggs i want to try and raise them myself.
I was wondering if you could take a few pictures of your setup like the tank and filtration system so i know what to work on.
I have my Phyto growing and Ratifiers as well so feeding wont be a problem.
If anyone else out there has pictures of their setup i would like to see those too. PM me if you like.

Thanks
Leo.
Old 09/26/2006, 04:22 PM
Just another crazy

Boy I thought this thread died. Thanks for the comments most of what I did was because all the nice people here took me by the hand and led me through the process. I still have some of the babies from the first hatch the pet stores around here will only give me 4 bucks apiece for them. I guess I will just let them have them for what ever I can get. It was a very cool experience and now I can say that I have done it there just isn't any market for them in my area it just isn't worth all the time and money that I have stuck into it. I am dreaming of maybe starting my own coral farm and then raising the babies might be better who knows maybe next year I will get that going. The other day I found some baby cardinals in my overflows I think I would have better luck selling them. If you read though this I was told that maroons were not a good choice but that's what I had and like I said I am glad that I did it so many people thought it was so cool to be able to pull it off I even had a lady at the pet store (a customer) shake my hand that felt really nice. I will get some pics for you spookybfc of what I did it was really pretty simple and if it was set up better it would not be so much work and then maybe it would be worth it I guess. I just don't have the spare time anymore.

Mike
Old 09/26/2006, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

I have pair of maroons two years now and now eggs?... What am I doing wrong?
Old 09/26/2006, 10:19 PM
Just another crazy

I know a guy that has like six pairs for at least that long and no eggs yet. I really am not sure I would guess that they must feel really comfortable. Nice home and a good diet I was just lucky I guess I wasn't even trying (maybe that’s the secret ) and like I said now I have baby cardinals in my overflows go figure. If I was trying I would just feed them a mix of some good frozen foods.

Mike