Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Soft Coral Keepers

Old 12/21/2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

GSP not opening

For the past 2 days my GSP has not opened. Check parameters all is fine except SG which was @ 1.028 but brought back down to 1.026. Only seen one or two polyps open. Anyone know whats going on?
Old 12/21/2007, 05:10 PM
Registered Member

Mine occasionally close up for a few days, often in response to a change in water parameters (e.g. after a water change, or after forgetting to top off the tank and dumping in some RO). No big deal. Wait

Dan
Old 12/21/2007, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Yea thats probably true. I top offed with kalk last night. Might have caused him to be the way he is. We'll see how he does in the next 24hrs. When should I be worried tho? Whats the dividing line in terms of time between it being nothing to something more seriouse?
Old 12/24/2007, 01:00 AM
Registered Member

There was another thread where GSPs were closed for many days before opening up. If other things in the tank are alive, GSPs will survive. As long as your tank isn't a nitric acid bath, it's probably OK.

Dan
Old 12/29/2007, 02:38 AM
Registered Member

If you still see one or two peeking out then they are still in good shape. I find that they only close when something major has changed in the water quality,figure out what it is and they whould open right back up.
Old 12/29/2007, 01:58 PM
Registered Member

full colony is now open and growing!! thanks for your concern and hits!