Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/26/2005, 07:41 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skippy2
I just watched both videos, Bob. You rank right up there with the rest of them. Great job. BTW, they both came up in real player for me.
Thank you very much.... It's funny how it comes up in all the different players.... Quicktime on the website, media player on my computer download and real player for you.... Course it's probably how we've got the codecs set to run...

Thanks again

Bob
Old 10/26/2005, 07:51 PM
TRC Leader

It has to do with file associations, Bob. You can alter that in your computer's settings to open up with the default player you select.
Old 10/26/2005, 08:38 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by melev
It has to do with file associations, Bob. You can alter that in your computer's settings to open up with the default player you select.
Yes Marc...Im aware if that...... I ain't "tupid".....

Bob
Old 10/26/2005, 09:26 PM
Will Work for Live Rock

Is their somewhere were you can an better idea on how to make these videos and posts them. I just got a new computer with the works and a digital camera. I'm ready to just try it. Looks fun trying to be your own Director.

It's the Journey that makes the Destination so sweet

C. Taylor, M.Ed.
Old 10/26/2005, 09:28 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by fishman805
Well ... to answer my own posting...... LOL.... I just did the "right click save target as" thingy and it downloads and opens in media player on my computer......

SO NO MORE BIG NASTY DOWNLOAD TIMES.....!! LOL

Bob
I still (luckily) have no problems with them just loading/playing off the web, rather than downloading them. I love the little Nano! Your gentle transitions are nice in these.

Could you or someone just do me a quick favor? I want to see if the new web page I added for my reef videos on my web site works. Someone said they were having trouble..so I'd appreciate it?!?!

http://www.quillworker.com
takes a minute to load...very right hand side, middle of the page, are small icons, click the little blue reef-looking icon (says reef videos next to it). See if the video page comes up?

People are saying they can't even get to the home page for some reason, so I 'think' I fixed it now.

thx!!!!
Old 10/26/2005, 09:33 PM
Premium Member

Also, Bob, the site is looking better and better. Tell Kristin good work..she'll be a wiz soon. I love the pic of you, and cute how she calls you 'daddy'..don't know why, I don't hear kids say that much anymore!!! Can't wait to see as she does more.
Old 10/26/2005, 09:33 PM
forever newbie

Yup!!! It's fixed. Looks like a really nice site.
Old 10/26/2005, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skippy2
Yup!!! It's fixed. Looks like a really nice site.
Thanks Peggy - friends/family have no clue when I talk about 'my tanks'...so...

One of my furnaces is dead, and that room is freezing, my friend said, why don't you bring it here for a while. She hasn't been by in over a year, so, now she can see just WHY I can't bring it to them to babysit! So far I'm keeping the 2 in that room warm enough luckily.

Beverly, don't you have a horse tank?? I don't think I've seen vids yet of them, or did I miss that?
Old 10/26/2005, 09:42 PM
forever newbie

Quote:
Thanks Peggy - friends/family have no clue when I talk about 'my tanks'...so...
My family is the same way but in my sister's defense she did get me an olympus 600 for my birthday. I just had to promise not to send tons of tank pics in email.
Old 10/26/2005, 09:44 PM
forever newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by eidillitih
Is their somewhere were you can an better idea on how to make these videos and posts them. I just got a new computer with the works and a digital camera. I'm ready to just try it. Looks fun trying to be your own Director.
Have you looked at Windows Movie Maker yet?
Old 10/26/2005, 10:21 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Definately try Movie Maker like Peggy said..it should be on your computer bundled with Windows. Ask questions as you go along, and, when you're ready to post things, we'll help you from there as there are a lot of different ways.

Good luck!!
Old 10/27/2005, 04:57 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by avansickle
I still (luckily) have no problems with them just loading/playing off the web, rather than downloading them. I love the little Nano! Your gentle transitions are nice in these.

Could you or someone just do me a quick favor? I want to see if the new web page I added for my reef videos on my web site works. Someone said they were having trouble..so I'd appreciate it?!?!

http://www.quillworker.com
takes a minute to load...very right hand side, middle of the page, are small icons, click the little blue reef-looking icon (says reef videos next to it). See if the video page comes up?

People are saying they can't even get to the home page for some reason, so I 'think' I fixed it now.

thx!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Amy.... I'll pass the word along to my daughter.... I'm at work right now so all I can tell you is that I can open the new video section of your web site .... I can't download any of the videos because we're on a restricted network.....But your site works just fine and when I get home this afternoon I will try it out completely.....

Bob
Old 10/27/2005, 04:59 AM
Premium Member

Quote:

[welcome] eidillitih...

You will get alot of good advice and info here in this thread... These are some of the best people in RC .... We all can't wait for you to start posting....

Bob
Old 10/27/2005, 05:16 AM
1/2 century and counting

Quote:
Beverly, don't you have a horse tank?? I don't think I've seen vids yet of them, or did I miss that?
Used to have SHs. Don't any more.
Old 10/27/2005, 02:29 PM
Premium Member

Amy... I just got home and tried your site update for the videos..... It works like a champ.... Very nice..

Bob
Old 10/27/2005, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

tank buddies.....10 mg

Emporator changing colors.....fun to watch grow daily/weekly

--120 gal tank

my tank buddies
Old 10/28/2005, 01:16 AM
Premium Member

To anyone that had a video hosted by me, or anyone trying to access a video hosted by me. i accidently deleted about half of my videos from my server an don't have a back-up of them, if you happened to save any of my vids let me know as I will re-host them.

Also anyone that I had hosted and needs to be re-hosted Pm me and I will get your vid back up.
Old 10/28/2005, 04:50 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP
To anyone that had a video hosted by me, or anyone trying to access a video hosted by me. i accidently deleted about half of my videos from my server an don't have a back-up of them, if you happened to save any of my vids let me know as I will re-host them.

Also anyone that I had hosted and needs to be re-hosted Pm me and I will get your vid back up.

OOPS.......
Old 10/28/2005, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

Took a MOV a few Days ago ..

30Meg ...

Here

Marcus
Old 10/28/2005, 08:18 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AJP

Old 10/28/2005, 08:27 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Roughhawk
Took a MOV a few Days ago ..

30Meg ...

Here

Marcus
Nice tank! What size is that one? I want to see the 400!!! I love the softies...All my sps got dead, so my collection of softies is accumulating and I love how they just wave gently like what you have.

Show more!
Old 10/28/2005, 08:30 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Nice tank! What size is that one? I want to see the 400!!! I love the softies...All my sps got dead, so my collection of softies is accumulating and I love how they just wave gently like what you have.

Show more!
ooops..just saw it says still under construction..okay, will be fun when ready
Old 10/28/2005, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

... Thats the one (now my only Tank .. for a while i´ll guess) .. still very constructive with that ..

... Just modified my discription ...

Maybe a closeup from a Braincoral ...

Brain

Marcus
Old 10/28/2005, 09:59 AM
1/2 century and counting

Very nice collection of fish, Marcus How big is your tank?
Old 10/28/2005, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

thanx beverly
Arround 400Gallons (1500 Liter) with the sump...

I´m just waiting for the last two fishes ... Yellow Belly Hepatus!