Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/18/2007, 09:29 PM
Registered Member

Cords

For those of you with experience with the Oceanic Biocube (this one is the 14gal). What do you do about your cords that go through the back holes? I have had some problems with being in a hurry this week and cutting through my heater cord by just shutting the lid. Hopefully I can get a new heater tomorrow. I just thought that there has to be some sorta help to not cut the cords well other than me not being an idiot.

Thanks for the input!
Old 04/19/2007, 01:02 AM
Registered Member

You are not the only one! I have pinched my cords several times. thank God i did not cut thru them.
Kind of a poor and dangerous design when it comes to those holes . I was thinking of glueing some kind of posts to the back of the tank to prevent the wires from sliding to the left or right too much. have not done it yet.
Royal gramma
yellow tailed damsel
2 dusters
CB shrimp
14G
percular clown
watchman goby
firefish
pepp. shrimp
red banded goby
Assorted corals