Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society (SCMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/19/2007, 11:04 PM
R.I.P

Thanks for the invite guys & great job on the website.
Old 10/20/2007, 08:51 PM
Be the valve.

I suppose I should try to de-defecate my nest. Please ask yourselves why some simpleton dimwit from up north would care one whit what you are doing in your club. I don't, and it's pretty cool by the way. I do care about how we interact with one another. It was, and continues to be my fear, that we are destined to hold each other in the disdain to which I referred. I quess I would also ask each of you to consider why I would care to stir things up. That is not my motive nor has it ever been. I am more than happy to let historic and present posts slide. I'll admit that some pushed a button or two. I was ready to SMACK TALK. Cooler heads prevailed.

So why did I start this thread? I really wanted to "test the water" and see where we were in our maturation as a diverse reefing community in Colorado. I had an immediate perception and gladly, I might be wrong. Did I do it correctly? Probably not. But, I did it, and here we are.

Del
Old 10/20/2007, 10:29 PM
DARC Board Member

Hey Del,

I can only speak for myself, but the SCMAS folks made several DARC and RMRC members feel very welcome. I had a great time, learned some stuff, put faces with names and even managed to sneak in a mini board meeting for DARC!

Of course, I was also quite happy with my raffle winnings and new critters. It was a wonderfully staged event, with an excellent turnout. Dave and I (DARC) took notes for our next swap and I know Christina (RMRC) spent quite a while talking with SCMAS board members. I think we all learned valuable information.

Having three separate clubs seems to be working for many folks. I'd say SCMAS is doing a bang up job running theirs.

-Rob
Old 10/21/2007, 10:28 AM
Boomer gave me this

Thank's for the compliments Rob, glad you won something!
I was a litle busy yesterday (and a little......... umm hung over)
sorry if I didn't get to meet with you guys this time.
Chris
Old 10/21/2007, 04:55 PM
Registered Member

Wow Rob great for you one the win, hope to see you again at another meeting.
Old 10/22/2007, 12:35 PM
RMRC President

Thanks for having us. You put on a great swap!

It was great to see you guys and put names together with faces and screen names. Hope to see you again soon at our next event or yours.
Old 10/22/2007, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Thejrc, ruined this whole thread for me. I was getting to like that picture. ohh well
Old 10/23/2007, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Dang! I like all the clubs..I guess that makes me a total sl#t. Bwahahahahahahaha! The Springs Frag was the best yet ...
Old 10/27/2007, 02:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Gonzales
Thejrc, ruined this whole thread for me. I was getting to like that picture. ohh well
he he just keepin the peace.... tho, the picture still remains (perception is all thats changed!)

Thanks for the compliments guys, the club worked real hard to put that swap together and from my experience it payed off for sure (course, I won the 90 gallon he he). I can say that everyones already into planning next years so hopefully we can get enough incoming funds by then to really knock this years swap out of the water. The clubs come along niceley even in the short time I've been a member.

I hope all the other clubs can do the same for sure! Having multiple clubs out there allows people to find one that's convenient, and nothing says we cant all get together and share for sure! Keep the channels open and who knows... Maybe some year we can all host a MACNA...
Old 10/29/2007, 04:37 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
We generally have 30-50 people at every meeting every month and we don't charge anything for membership.
Wow!!! Todd, Chris, Tim and the others have done a tremendous job with this club! The reefing community in CS is very strong and dedicated, that's why SCMAS works!
Old 10/29/2007, 05:29 PM
SCMAS Member

Thanks Eric, it is good to hear from you. How are you doing back in Kentucky, and when did they get a football team? lol
Old 10/29/2007, 05:42 PM
Boomer gave me this

Yeah Eric, the club is doing well!
Seem's like a pretty mellow group now, we rarely ever have any drama these days.
Chris
Old 10/29/2007, 10:41 PM
WOW, look at this one!

Quote:
Originally posted by COreefer
Wow!!! Todd, Chris, Tim and the others have done a tremendous job with this club! The reefing community in CS is very strong and dedicated, that's why SCMAS works!
Thanks Eric, Are you running any tanks nowadays?

And remember you can always lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.
Old 11/10/2007, 02:20 PM
Premium Member

Yeah Todd...how bout those football Cats????

Yep Tim, just fired up my 20g 3 days ago...gonna get my clowns from my neighbor once it cycles through. I packed about about 30#of LR in styrofoam for about 12 weeks...I thought it would be disgusting, but it was still wet and smells ok...still gonna let it cycle through though with a little bit of fresh rock I picked up today.
Old 11/11/2007, 01:15 AM
WOW, look at this one!

Quote:
Originally posted by COreefer
I packed about about 30#of LR in styrofoam for about 12 weeks...I thought it would be disgusting, but it was still wet and smells ok...still gonna let it cycle through though with a little bit of fresh rock I picked up today.
Wow I would not have wanted to stick my nose in that styro. I can't believe it didn't smell bad enough to knock you over. I'll bet you can't wait to set it back up though.

And remember you can always lead a horticulture, but you can't make her think.