Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks

Old 06/09/2007, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Flint&Eric
thanks for posting those pics, t's coming along nicely.

it seems like you have you're lighting pretty set now, but i heard ushio will be coming out with 10k and 14k g12 halides in 150w and possible others...something you may want to consider for the spots, granted you'd need new fixtures.

M5? pshhh....go with an RS4 and call it a day

Good to know about those lights!!

RS4? Why not the RS5? Should be out in 08 hopefully?
Old 06/09/2007, 03:19 PM
g l a s s b o x

completely forgot about it. twin turbo v8 aint too bad he he

"i like bubbly, and i love animals - so it works out well"

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 06/09/2007, 07:18 PM
clownfish fan

the skyline coming to america isnt a real skyline no inline6,

RS4/rs5=no edge although i love audi

m5/m6/m3= perfect
Old 06/09/2007, 08:15 PM
g l a s s b o x

ha yeah, just like the early spy shots were saying the G35 was going to be the relabled GTR

not sure where you're getting the no edge, that's funny.

anyways back on topic before this belongs in the lounge:...

"there are a lot of people out there who think they have a modern house simply because they have alot of steel in it"
Old 06/10/2007, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

invincible569, do you have issues with fish jumping out? I have an open top on my 120 and have lost several suicidal fish...
Old 06/10/2007, 01:30 PM
Premium Member

rs8 ftw!!
Old 06/11/2007, 05:59 AM

Ccondo, yes I have had some issues with fish jumping out. A recent event with my Flagfin Angel where he decided to jump out. I was stunned when I saw him on the floor. He was eating very good and one morning I was leaving for work and noticed it about 7 ft away from my tank. Something must of scared him and he darted out of the tank in the middle of the night. I have to admit, it was pitch dark that night and I have no moonlights. Maybe he was having a nightmare. Anyhow, I have had a clownfish, dartfish and I think that's it that made it on the floor. The blue dartfish story... well.. I came home from the store after purchasing him. Then put him in the tank. 1 hr later my daughter says.. dad.. the dog ate your fish! I said huh? and I thought she was joking. then I said what do you mean and I quickly looked around the tank and couldnt find him. Then she said.. the dog ate the blue fish. He jumped out and the dog (yorkie terrier) ate him. I couldnt believe it.

Maximus, do you mean the R8? I didnt realize it was already out? They had a special event and it was there:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97994

I cant believe how many of you are car enthusiasts. That's good to know! makoj owns a viper, naka has had a m3 for the longest time and used to have a porsche, frisco has an amg or something similiar, maximus and his nsx and so on what expensive hobbies we all have.
Old 06/11/2007, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

Invincible. Beautiful setup. Just a quick question. The large single rock on the left look a little top heavy. Does it balance on it's own or have you used reef putty or something else to make sure it stays upright ?
Old 06/11/2007, 09:54 AM
g l a s s b o x

sorry to hear about the jumping incidents...dartfish are fairly notorious, but the angel...that's a shame.

sadly i am car-less. school and this hobby gives me enough financial burden at the moment. having another money pit, i'm not sure where i'd live ha. cant wait to get behind the wheel of that RS5 though

eric

Old 06/11/2007, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Were you able to rescue the flagfin or was he long gone?
Old 06/11/2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

So far my list of suicidal fish includes a diamond watchman goby, purple firefish, a pacific blue tang and most recently a dispar anthia that I watched jump out the back... It was really sad since I couldn't reach him well I had to use a net (which he didn't take well to) and by the time I got him in the tank it was too much for him. My snails then consumed him completely over the next 2 hrs. Frankly they were quite impressive.
Unfortunately, this does occur. I ditched my hood if favor of all T5 after seeing tanks such as this one on the web.
Oh well, at least my heat issues are resolved and I can clean my tank more easily.
Old 06/11/2007, 05:27 PM
Premium Member

Oops, I meant the R8. I am in love with that Audi! I don't think it's out yet but I can guarantee there will be mark ups galore on that car. I chat with Frisco all the time about cars. We both love the 997 GT3RS!
Quote:
Originally posted by invincible569
Ccondo, yes I have had some issues with fish jumping out. A recent event with my Flagfin Angel where he decided to jump out. I was stunned when I saw him on the floor. He was eating very good and one morning I was leaving for work and noticed it about 7 ft away from my tank. Something must of scared him and he darted out of the tank in the middle of the night. I have to admit, it was pitch dark that night and I have no moonlights. Maybe he was having a nightmare. Anyhow, I have had a clownfish, dartfish and I think that's it that made it on the floor. The blue dartfish story... well.. I came home from the store after purchasing him. Then put him in the tank. 1 hr later my daughter says.. dad.. the dog ate your fish! I said huh? and I thought she was joking. then I said what do you mean and I quickly looked around the tank and couldnt find him. Then she said.. the dog ate the blue fish. He jumped out and the dog (yorkie terrier) ate him. I couldnt believe it.

Maximus, do you mean the R8? I didnt realize it was already out? They had a special event and it was there:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=97994

I cant believe how many of you are car enthusiasts. That's good to know! makoj owns a viper, naka has had a m3 for the longest time and used to have a porsche, frisco has an amg or something similiar, maximus and his nsx and so on what expensive hobbies we all have.
Old 06/12/2007, 01:36 AM
TRC Leader

Quote:
Pineapple LPS and Monti

Looks like a Diploastrea. I love that coral.
Old 06/13/2007, 01:33 PM
I need a bigger tank!

My new favorite tank on RC! Very nice! Like you, my next rimless/topless tank will be glass. Even at 1" thick, my acrylic is bowing and no matter how careful I am when cleaning, scratches happen.
Thank you for the inspiration!
Old 06/14/2007, 02:37 PM
Premium Member

Ed, looking good as usual. Sorry to say but the story of your "blue fish and yorkie" was hilarious, lol.

I absolutely love my BMW M coupe...the 07 new M coupe is super sweet and I finally saw one whiz by me the other day. It was traveling so fast I barely got a good look at it. I am tempted to trade in my 99 M coupe for the 07 M coupe but... no car payments is really nice. My money can freely flow into my tank. Maybe not as fast and posh as some of you other car enthusiasts rides but I do look pretty good in it. It suits me .
Old 06/14/2007, 03:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slojmn
Ed, looking good as usual. Sorry to say but the story of your "blue fish and yorkie" was hilarious, lol.

I absolutely love my BMW M coupe...the 07 new M coupe is super sweet and I finally saw one whiz by me the other day. It was traveling so fast I barely got a good look at it. I am tempted to trade in my 99 M coupe for the 07 M coupe but... no car payments is really nice. My money can freely flow into my tank. Maybe not as fast and posh as some of you other car enthusiasts rides but I do look pretty good in it. It suits me .
Have a pic?
Old 06/14/2007, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Seeing as nobody has posted a proper pic of lots of clowns yet...
this is from the monaco aquarium

Old 06/14/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

There aren't enough fish in that tank. They should add a couple hundred more.
Old 06/14/2007, 04:37 PM

wow...unreal.
Old 06/14/2007, 05:05 PM

LesMartin, it stands up on its own. Its a very heavy rock and has a great base to it. I have been having to pick this rock up and move it to the side to clean out the CL intake screen. I need to figure something out. I havent used putty or rods anywhere. I thought I was and bought some, but didnt need too.

cantonesfish, he was long gone. You could see the splash of the water on the area where he jumped from. In other words, if I didnt have a rimless tank he would of bounced right back in.

Ccondo, I feel your pain. We all have these types of incidents.

melev, thanks for the ID! When are you coming back down to Houston?

sonofg, thank you very much. Im am so happy I went with glass! Its so easy to clean compared to my last acrylic tank.

Alicia, wait until the new 08 M3 comes out. Its suppose to be very nice with a new lightweight engine design. m3's and girls=hot.

kiz, nice pic! I have some other pics like that from some japanese reefers with clowns and anemones. I like the big carpets with tons of clowns.
Old 06/14/2007, 05:23 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

Alicia, wait until the new 08 M3 comes out. Its suppose to be very nice with a new lightweight engine design. m3's and girls=hot.
I was never really into the M3's...I know they are gorgeous and all but I am really a little sports car girl.

Sang, I have some black and white pics taken a few years back but they are all in frames, nothing online. I'll have to get a shot taken and maybe I'll make it my avatar, lol.
Old 06/14/2007, 06:56 PM
Village Idiot!

All of this talk of cars...anyone want to buy my 06 Mitsubishi Evo Rs ?

On a fish related note what is the scientific name for those cardinals ?

Andy
Old 06/14/2007, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by slojmn

So that was your yellow coupe. You can always trade up to the 01-03 coupe.
Old 06/14/2007, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

Nope, must have been someone elses, mine is silver .

Back to Ed's tank talk .
Old 06/15/2007, 01:51 AM
g0t fIsH

how all those nemos can share the anemone? looks good
(red house for 600gal)