Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Indiana - Fort Wayne Marine Aquarists Society (FWMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/06/2007, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Reef Clubs in Fort Wayne, IN

I see there is or was FWMAS.org in Fort Wayne, IN. Is this club still around? If not, anyone interested in starting a club in Fort Wayne?
Old 11/06/2007, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

This club broke up a couple of years ago now. Not many people showed up for the meetings. Especially in the summer months. I was driving from Warsaw to a few of the meetings. Great bunch of people though.
Chad
Old 11/16/2007, 10:18 PM
Registered Member

this is great news if you guys are intrested in starting up the a club in the area. I was just talking to a buddy that used to be in the club. I can't see holding to many meetings in the summer, but in the winter its all good.

Let me know i know of at least 4 or more guys that would be intrested. and it would be a great way to get soem new people into the hobby.

I will check the thread to see we can get one rolling again, if you guys need help or if your intrested let me know
Old 11/19/2007, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

There definetly seems to be interest in starting a club. I have no idea how to run one, but I'm sure other clubs could offer us assistance as we get started. The holidays are moving in, so after the first of the year might be best for everyone. But then again, I may be wrong. I can pretty much meet anytime. I would prefer evening hours and weekends work fine for me. Where should we meet and what day/time is best for everyone?
Old 12/13/2007, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Well I for one would be very interested. I am a member of the NIMAS but everyone is from South Bend or Elkhart area and it is hard to get to meetings. It would be great to get even this website up and active. I am really interested in swapping frags and sharing information and just getting this club active would be a definite bonus.......looking forward to getting it going.

Lorna
Old 12/13/2007, 06:12 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

I'm gonna tag along. Would be great to meet new people.
Old 12/15/2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

first meeting

Hey everyone

I want to get a meeting set up to start the club. I figured the first one could be just like a meet and greet type thing. I thought about either meeting a one of the LFS and then going some place for us all to talk or just going some place to talk. I am thinking about after the first of the year. We have baby number 3 on the way any day now and I am gonig to need some extra time for that.

If anyone has any suggestions, I am all ears. I would just like to be able to go some place to at least have a beer.

you can reply to this thread or email me
bradyoa1@yahoo.com

Thanks
Old 12/16/2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good, after the new year would be best I think. Definitely count me in. Just let me know when and where.
Old 12/18/2007, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

i think a club would be a great idea for the area.
Old 12/18/2007, 06:31 PM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

LornaS are you the same that came over Saturday?
Old 12/19/2007, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Count me in!
Old 12/19/2007, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Freed....yep that's me. Frags are all doing great!
Old 12/26/2007, 11:50 PM
Registered Member

Freed does have some awesome frags
Old 12/26/2007, 11:52 PM
Registered Member

just trying to get a feel on what time and day works best for the majority of the people wanting to show up to the first meeting. if everyone that is intrested could reply with some info that would be great

thanks
Old 12/27/2007, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

I am busy intil the last weekend of January. I would be interested in showing up. And I would also like to pick up a few more frage from Freed while I am in town.
Chad
Old 12/28/2007, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

Hello I just found this thread and would like to come to the club meetings when they start. Any time should work for me. Looking forward to it.
Old 12/28/2007, 09:14 AM
Ich Rumor/Myth Buster

LOL!! I ALMOST was going to suggest having it at my place so you guys could get some frags(cause I could use the money anyway and would like to meet some new people) but my house is too small for you all to fit in. LOL!!!
Old 01/02/2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

I am free anytime. Just let me know when and where. I could always use some new frags as I just lit my 29g with a 250w mh light......
Old 01/02/2008, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

I am free anytime. Just let me know when and where. I could always use some new frags as I just lit my 29g with a 250w mh light......
Old 01/06/2008, 01:47 AM
Registered Member

I want to have the meeting sometime at the end of the month. Does weekends or week nights work better for the everyone? I only as because i work the weekend night shift and if we meet on the weekend I have to do it early for now.

Also does everyone want to meet at a LFS and then head to a coffe shop or bar to talk for the first meeting?
Old 01/06/2008, 01:51 AM
Registered Member

my plans for the first meeting is more or less just a meet and greet. I would like to get everyones info to set up another meeting in Feb. hopefully at someones house. I would like to try to maybe have the first house meeting at my house, but I only have a 29g reef that is still in the works. But I will have it if I have to.

At least there people can exchange buy/sell/ or hopefully trade frags of their corals and we can start a cool network of reefers in the community.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I am just shooting from the hip here and not real sure on how to set the first one up.

Thanks
Phil
Old 01/06/2008, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Alright here is what I am thinking, good or bad i am not sure yet lol...

I would like to meet either on the Jan. 26th or maybe the evening of the 29th.

I the more feedback I hear about either one of these dates is the one that I will go with
Old 01/06/2008, 10:59 PM
Registered Member

I can do the 29th. Coming from Warsaw, I cannot make much durring the week. I can meet most anywhere.
Chad
Old 01/07/2008, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

The 29th works best for me this month, but i can make the Saturday the 26th work as well. Any thoughts about meeting spot? I like a place where I can at least get a beer.
Old 01/07/2008, 05:59 AM
Registered Member

I don't see much coral getting traded this time at all, but we could all meet each other and then decide on a meeting and agenda for the next month. It would be nice to be able to start setting up some group buys and things of that nature as well.