Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/20/2007, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

bluezoo order cutoff 6pm Sunday 23rd, delivery set for 27th

Please see previous posts for much more information.

We need to have cash from all parties going in on the group buy to bluezooaquatics.com, to me by 6pm, Sunday the 23rd. We have 15-20 people who have expressed interest, with 11 who have given me specific orders, all together totaling over $600, without shipping.
We have decided on an even split from all on the shipping, but will not have an exact shipping split until after the cutoff time. If all parties who have expressed interest in ordering follow through we should be somewhere under $5.00 each, but cannot know for sure until all have paid.

Now for payment dropoff options..
We can receive payment at my home. 720-200-0655
4601 S. Washington St. Englewood, CO. 80113
My wife should be home most of the weekend, me in the eves.

I can receive payment at my work, Petco at 120th and Sheridan, but cannot let this interfere with my work. This time of year is crazy for me, so I do work Friday am, Sat. am, Sun. in the am as well. Please call ahead
303-635-1540

My wife can receive payment at her work, Friday during the day only.
Teneker Vet hopsital, County Line & Holly, she is a groomer there.

For those couple of folks who are currently out of town, I can receive payment through paypal. It has been suggested that we do not use paypal for all our individual payments, as bluezoo cannot refund individual portions of payment in case of out of stock issues etc.

Again please read lower threads, where this information is much more detailed.

We are expecting the delivery on 12/27 in the A.M., however if weather is a problem in Denver or at the FEDEX hub in IN. bluezoo may not ship.
I have detailed lists of 11 people now and expect more over the next few days.

Most of the people who have given me their order specifics have offered to pay their total order cost plus a little more than expected shipping. I am happy to record this and list who has paid .and the exact amount for shipping given, once the cutoff has past, I would then post the shipping spilt, and the amount of any overpayment will be returned at pick up.

I hope this answers most of the many individual questions I have been getting.

Please order as much or as little as you would like, I will not place the order until late Sunday night.

Thank you,
Chris
Old 12/20/2007, 11:33 PM
Registered Member

Rock on! I'll call and swing by with cash and a list in next couple of days.
Old 12/21/2007, 07:44 PM
Registered Member

This is a mass reply to all since I have many PMs with many of the same questions. Please see the latest thread on the RMRC forum, I have tried to answer most of the questions about how and when to get the payment to me before the cutoff.
Sorry to be so impersonal with this reply but it has taken me hours to answer them individually.
As of 5:30 pm on Friday, I have not received payment from anyone.
Thank you,
Chris
Old 12/21/2007, 08:48 PM
Registered Member

Hey Chris I'd be interested in ordering.....I'd rather use paypal since I work odd shifts and it's tough for me to go anywhere other than work or home lol.....if that's ok send me an email please or pm.
Thanks
Gale
Old 12/22/2007, 12:27 AM
Registered Member

Paypal

With the busy weekend it seems that people including myself are running short on time. I have no problem taking paypal payments for each of the orders, however paypal typically takes a few days to transfer funds into a bank account. This time of year I don't have $600 plus dollars to hold in my account, so I would have to wait until the funds were available in my Debit card account to place the order. My wife and I do not have other credit cards to put that much on now either, I am sorry. Bluezoo has recommended that we do not pay them with paypal for group buys since they cannot refund a portion of the total payment for items not shipped etc.
I am not trying to be a pain in the neck for anyone, and am trying to make ourselves as available as possible from Highlands Ranch to Broomfield. If someone else would rather take over the group buy orginizing I will pass the baton.
I apologize for my crankyness, I am in the middle of a 70 hour work week and still trying to shop as well.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Chris
Old 12/22/2007, 12:46 AM
Anemone Rancher

Folks, this is understandably over-burdening Chris at a very busy time of the year. If you ever worked retail (at any level) during the Christmas holidays you can sympathize.

If nobody has actually gotten money to him then it can't be that urgent for you either. Plus, if only half of the folks actually come through then that will change the whole shipping arrangement that he has calculated.

I suggest that the group either:[list=1][*]postpone this whole order until after the Christmas holiday, or[*]get him payment TOMORROW (not Sunday) so he can know exactly what is ordered/paid and deal with any problems early, or[*]break this up into a couple of smaller, more manageable orders of 3 or 4 people so that he isn't stuck doing this whole thing. (So you have to cough up an extra $3 or $5 for shipping...I think that's better than destroying what's left of Chris and Katy's holiday!)[/list=1]

(ALSO, IF YOU ARE GOING TO TRANSFER MONEY TO HIM VIA PAYPAL, PLEASE DON'T USE YOUR CREDIT CARD AS THE FUNDING SOURCE OR PAYPAL WILL KEEP ROUGHLY 5%. IF YOU HAVE TO USE YOUR CREDIT CARD THEN ADD AN EXTRA 5% SO HE DOESN"T GET STUCK SUBSIDIZING YOUR ORDER. I'VE BEEN CAUGHT THERE WHEN ORGANIZING A GROUP BUY AND LOSING MONEY IN ADDITION TO TIME IT WASN'T ALL THAT ENJOYABLE!)

Last edited by artful-dodger; 12/22/2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12/22/2007, 01:05 AM
Registered Member

Chris - I appreciate what you are doing. I was planning to bring my part of the money by Petco tomorrow. I will call you before I stop by.

Mark
Old 12/22/2007, 01:34 AM
Premium Member

Chris- I too appreciate everything you are doing for this group order. I was also planning on stopping by Petco tomorrow while out running errands. Thank you again for putting all of this together. If you would like any help with this order please let me know.

Janice

Oh- and my order is complete and I won't be adding any more to
it
Old 12/22/2007, 02:45 AM
Registered Member

I appreciate what you're trying to do also and didn't mean to add more stress to you....have a good holiday
Old 12/22/2007, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

No worries, just a little tired and grouchy I suppose, thanks and I look forward to meeting you all soon.
feel free to add to your lists, I will enter them on Sunday night.
Happy Shopping,
Chris
Old 12/22/2007, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

If i was to mail a check do ya think that would be ok? and what are the chances that you will recieve it by thur?
Old 12/22/2007, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Chris,

Thanks for organizing this group buy!

I think the 6PM Sun. cut off time is a great idea. This will hopefully prevent us from having orders that don't get picked up or paid for. Our club can always patrticipate in future group purchases.
Old 12/22/2007, 11:57 AM
Registered Member

I was planning on running by petco sunday afternoon. Let me know if thats ok.
Old 12/22/2007, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

scratch that idea, funds delivered!
Old 12/22/2007, 08:14 PM
Premium Member

*sigh* oh how i wish I could order...so much stuff there I want.

But with a pending eviction, no can do.

Enjoy your stuff, peeps! If an extra pom pom crab shows up, Call me! I might be able to scrape together a few bucks to buy him!
Old 12/22/2007, 09:03 PM
Registered Member

Hi everybody, here are the people that I have received money from as of 6:45 pm, Saturday;
ordered paid
runningstix 39.90 47.00

txoilman 43.62 48.00

luvmyclown 91.51 100.00

mhaith 131.44 142.00

68rustang 109.13 120.00

oscar89 32.48 40.00

denverhoss 65.08 75.00
running total $513.16

I am planning on being at work tomorrow at 9 am, until 2-3pm, and then taking the kids shopping. Please let me know if you need me to email you for paypal.

We still have quite a few people who have said they would like to order. With my order we have at least 8 to split with.
It was nice meeting the few I met at my work, and my wife said nice things about all who she met today.

Chris
Old 12/22/2007, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Hi Chris

I would like to place an order,my stuff are mostly hermit crabs and snails but the problem are that i would'nt be back until 12-28, so my question is should i order,can you hold my stuff tile i return.

thanks
Old 12/22/2007, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as it is hermies and snails etc.
Chris
Old 12/22/2007, 10:45 PM
Anemone Rancher

Chris...you got my payment last night didn't you?
Old 12/22/2007, 11:17 PM
Registered Member

Sorry Dodger, I did get it just didn't check. All looks good should be at least 10 people, probably several more to share shipping.
Chris
Old 12/23/2007, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Is there anyone from up north( greely Ft collins Loveland) that is ordering stuff? If so and can deliver the thing i want Ill give ya baby fungia! Green w/ orange mouth!
Old 12/23/2007, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

Anyone from the great white north able to help Charlie out?
Chris
Old 12/23/2007, 11:49 AM
Reefer

Chuck,

Either Liz or I will be going to pick up some stuff for our tanks around 5-6pm on the arrival day. We can get your stuff too and at least shorten your drive.

Let me know.

Tony
Old 12/23/2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Tony
Waht happen to the order thet you were going to do ?
Old 12/23/2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Hi everyone, I did receive another payment from tazdvl100 of $28.30, plus shipping to total. $33.30
Thanks,
Chris