Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/11/2007, 04:51 PM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

OT : Bears and 2008 Draft

Most of us can agree that the Bears need a new QB. Who do you think they should pull from the college ball guys? My personal pick will would be Brian Brohm. Second choice I'd say Matt Ryan? Lets just hope they dont turn out to be the next Grossman. Played great in college, but not so great in the pros.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

what about a running back or a new offensive line they are all in there 30's and mid to late 30's at that
Old 12/11/2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

I'd rather use the picks for the O line and try to aquire a QB with some experience instead of another 3-4 year 'developmental' project that might be a bust. Count how many of those we have had in recent memory.
Old 12/11/2007, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

yea and bust of running backs is our cream of the crop
Old 12/11/2007, 04:59 PM
Registered Member

How about new defensive coach.....

To joes response....22 starting QB's in the time GB has had 1.....
Old 12/11/2007, 05:06 PM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

svb57 - Haha yes! The players are to blame too. Archuleta played awful! Who picks up these guys?

joe1584 - I personally think we have a good running back. Wolfe played pretty good in college. The Bears just need to give him a chance to play more.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steverino
I'd rather use the picks for the O line and try to aquire a QB with some experience instead of another 3-4 year 'developmental' project that might be a bust. Count how many of those we have had in recent memory.
I agree, without upgrading at the O-line it doesn't matter what they do at QB. Even if they had the likes of P. Manning or Tom Bradey they would struggle due to the lack of protection and NO RUNNING GAME. They have to many serious issues and if they were smart and they ended up getting a top 10 pick they'd be better off trading down to get more draft picks to address the O-line, D-line, secondary and the running game. On top of that, their recieving corp is one of the worst in the league...they have at least a 4-5 year rebuilding effort.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

serious Bears need new head coach, defense coach, offense coach, new QB, entire new offensive line, someone who can tackle......... Damn just need to get a new team !
Old 12/11/2007, 05:09 PM
Hawks Rule!

IMO Grossman didn't look too bad after he was benched. I'd sign him to a one year deal and work on other areas like O line and RB. You can win with a solid O line a good running game and a good defense. Look what the Bears did with Orton as a rookie two years ago.

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Old 12/11/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

They must fix the O-line first! If they don't, getting a QB and/or a RB will prove to do nothing. You can't pass if you don't have the time in the pocket to go through your reads. Your can't run behind a line that doesn't give you holes.

I'm not saying that Grossman and Benson are awesome or anything, but every time they took the feild, it was with 2 strickes against them when they lined up behind that line.

My dream offseason for the Bears:

1) Sign or draft 2-3 O-lineman (Maybe sign one and draft at least 2.

2) Sign Michael (Burner) Turner.....Go Huskies!

3) Resign Grossman for an incentive laden deal, and tell him he will have to prove himself to be the starter.

4) Get another QB to actually challenge Grossman for the starting spot....say Pennington or McNabb. Drafting a QB with what we have right now, tells me Bears fans will have to be prepared for a 2-3 year rebuilding period.

I know, It's asking alot, but that's my dream offseason. Really...to me, nothing else matters if they don't address the O-Line.

I'm sending up some prayers and hail maries in hopes that Orton can do something worthy of building Chicago's confidence in the offense in the coming weeks, but honestly.....like I said before, he's going in with two strikes already against him.......I'm telling you, that O-Line blows!!!!!
2 Firefish Gobies
Occ. Percula Clownfish
Blue Hepatus Tang
Blue Sided Wrasse
Purple Line Dottyback
Fire Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp
Old 12/11/2007, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Wow you guys are acting like our team totally blows! For the past 12 years or something the superbowl runner ups have not made the playoffs. That included the mighty patriots a couple years ago. Sure they added some wrs this year. But even so they werent a bad team last year. We need a top OL IMO. Give everyone else a break see how they do next year.

We have a good team and to start rebuilding based on one bad season seems unfair. Plus we still have a chance to finish .500. So I say we as fans shouldnt jump from one end of the spectrum to the other so fast. I say write this year off, and come back next year and see what happens. If we suck again, then its time. But for now I think its time to give the guys that went to the superbowl last year another chance.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

I really think you guys need to draft a punter!!!!

GO PACKERS!!!!
Old 12/11/2007, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryan009
I really think you guys need to draft a punter!!!!

GO PACKERS!!!!
About what I'd expect from a member of Packer Nation.

Enjoy your run while it lasts, when Favre retires and A Rogers steps into his place it's gonna be a reality check.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:29 PM
Registered Member

A Rogers in not bad at all he actually is a good qb.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by joe1584
A Rogers in not bad at all he actually is a good qb.
What exactly do you base that on? Compared to who he is backing up and who he will be compared to he is in a position to fail.
Old 12/11/2007, 05:34 PM
PRoTeCToR oF ALL ReeF ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by jmick
What exactly do you base that on? Compared to who he is backing up and who he will be compared to he is in a position to fail.
Really looking forward to seeing this and laughing at my little bro
Old 12/11/2007, 05:36 PM
Frag-a-holic

I am not a bears fan at all, but another year is just too long to suck. They need to do something soon. Fans are losing hope, I am just laughing while my team beats up on everybody.

Save a reef, trade a frag!
Old 12/11/2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Wow, what a stream of muttering and grumblings from a superbowl team of a year ago. That is the trouble with you Bear fans, too high on a mediocre team that has a fortunate season-- Last years Bears-- too low on a mediocre team having an unfortunate season. The swing from are they as good as the '85 Bears to we need to fix everything I am sick of losing is hilarious.

Rogers will be fine. He will struggle some and have some tough expectations, just like Steve Young did in San Fran., but he sat behind a great QB and developed before those expectations were placed on his shoulders. I guess it worked out O.K. there, too.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Would anyone just agree that we should have fired Turner!!!!!
Old 12/11/2007, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

Im sorry a rodge is no steve young. Nor will he be and although im speculating im also pretty sure. Remember they both had jerry rice.

We dont need to fix much, it was the superbowl runner up curse. Lets just let it be.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

We should have never gotten rid of Rivera, and opted for lovies yes man babich.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:26 PM
Male Gigolo

Quote:
Originally posted by svb57
How about new defensive coach.....

To joes response....22 starting QB's in the time GB has had 1.....
How about a new offensive coordinator?

So lets recap. We need...

Quarterback
Running back
O Coach
D Coach
O Line
Old 12/11/2007, 06:29 PM
Male Gigolo

Quote:
Originally posted by Shift_9k

We dont need to fix much, it was the superbowl runner up curse. Lets just let it be.

Spoken like a true Chicago sports fan. Chalk it up to some curse...

Cubs fan too I suppose?
Old 12/11/2007, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sellout007
How about a new offensive coordinator?

So lets recap. We need...

Quarterback
Running back
O Coach
D Coach
O Line
Don't forget a safety, a decent dime back and another DT.

HAHA, loved the bit where someone compared A Rogers to S. Young, classic! Sitting behind Favre is not a guarantee of anything, especially when Farve does a lot of things other QBs aren't capable of doing and if they were to try they'd fail miserably.
Old 12/11/2007, 06:45 PM
The BS stops here!

As far as a RB I think that peterson and wolfe would do just fine for a year or two more.

I would like to see the bears try to draft Colt Brennen (Hawaii). Let him sit and learn for the rookie year.

Draft/sign a few O-linemen to rebuild an aging O-line.

By doing that you give yourself 2 years to shore up a new younger O-line to protect your new QB.

But knowing the bears the draft will be all defense again.