Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/11/2004, 11:35 AM
Reeftastic

Theres millions of people on this planet that are not educated about certain things.
She just had the bad luck of being asked questions on TV.
Do you think new reef keepers that come home from the pet store after listening to a 16 yr old salesman that is making crap up sound any more intelligent than she did? Atleast she knew it was venemous...

Creade
Old 01/11/2004, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by invincible569
Yea its all show. Just like buying a Bentley or Rolls Royce for $400,000. I mean.. who really needs a $400K car and for what reason? Its just so they can have a big ego and crave even more attention.
If u have that much money there is nothin else to do then spend it cant take it to grave with ya
4" DSB

"Keep your secrets
Keep your silence
Its a better gift then truth" Anne Rice
Old 01/11/2004, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Creade
Theres millions of people on this planet that are not educated about certain things.
Do you think new reef keepers that come home from the pet store after listening to a 16 yr old salesman that is making crap up sound any more intelligent than she did? Atleast she knew it was venemous...

Creade
I agree with your point of view but you have to admit its funny, I'll be paying somone to take care of my stuff too if I had that much money. but not my fish tank but thats only because its my hobby
4" DSB

"Keep your secrets
Keep your silence
Its a better gift then truth" Anne Rice
Old 01/11/2004, 11:53 AM
the roof is not a table

Quote:
I mean.. who really needs a $400K car and for what reason?
invincible569,

If I had extra money like that, I could see myself buying many different $150K+ cars including a McLaren F1. Of course, these cars may be considered "show" for some people, but they are definetely performance cars which is why I would want them. And I have always liked the idea of a swimming pool/reef combo.
Old 01/11/2004, 12:12 PM
Registered Member

Funny thread, but let's not throw all celebs into this catogory.
We have a couple here at RC.

Check out this site: http://www.moyesreef.com/

Mike
Old 01/11/2004, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Creade

Creade

She wasnt asked anything. She talked like it was the best thing in the whole world. I cant stand people who think that just because they have something, that we cant enjoy our lives too. money isnt everything. Her attitude was that of a snob as she also kept cutting off Simmons in the interview. You can tell she married this guy for his BIG money as she is only a model and they dont make that much money to have a humongous house like that. So you are right... she isnt educated, just ignorant!
Old 01/11/2004, 12:50 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Atleast she knew it was venemous
actually she said it was poisonous so she was wrong
Old 01/11/2004, 01:58 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Jesse James, The chopper builder in Long Beach (the monster garage tv show)has a shark tank in his shop. Looked kind of boring to me. I guess meal time might be different.
Old 01/11/2004, 07:28 PM
How YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Scout
Funny thread, but let's not throw all celebs into this catogory.
We have a couple here at RC.

Check out this site: http://www.moyesreef.com/

Mike
Hmmm... I never thought about it-I may have had "met" famous people on RC. Maby that will get my wife interested.

Reefcentral Folding@Home team 37251 - Click my little red house to learn more and help medical science!
Old 01/11/2004, 07:33 PM
B'rer Reefer

Quote:
Originally posted by Shoestring Reefer
Hmmm... I never thought about it-I may have had "met" famous people on RC. Maby that will get my wife interested.
Hasn't worked for mine.
Old 01/11/2004, 07:39 PM
May God save us from Ich

if i had some of their $$ i would have a nice place in the tropics so I could enjoy the freedom and the abundance of life in the oceans where they are best viewed. In Nature.. but until then I love my Aquariums even if they are no bigger then a 75 and 2 20gallons
Old 01/11/2004, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

I take more pride in my 30 gallon tanks that I set up and take care of than I would in a 3000 gallon tank that I gad no part in. It feels good to have somebody compliment me on my work and for us it's a completely different thing than for those celebrities.
Old 01/11/2004, 07:59 PM
How YOU doin?

Quote:
Originally posted by yanksajo
It feels good to have somebody compliment me on my work and for us it's a completely different thing than for those celebrities.
Well, I'm sure they get plenty of complements for their work, just not for their reefkeeping skills.

Reefcentral Folding@Home team 37251 - Click my little red house to learn more and help medical science!