Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/01/2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
SEC: 4-0....so what were y'all saying about how the SEC wasn't the most dominate?
Single-handedly attempting to murder the english language.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 01/01/2008, 04:59 PM
Hawks Rule!

Gators blow.... That's what I have to say 55semireef.

Go Illini!

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Registered Member

shoulda thought twice before amping up the Michigan players at mid-field.
Registered Member

LOL, down goes mighty florida fresh on the heels of Arkansas losing and with OSU yet to beat LSU.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 01/01/2008, 05:01 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

Normally I would be rooting for Florida but Carr is a class act, glad to see him leave with a win
Old 01/01/2008, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

1:26 left and Michigan is in victory formation...looks like you may have spoke to soon in regards to SEC dominance 55SemiReef...probably hurts alittle more with your team loosing, I know the feeling all to well with VT and games they are "suppose" to win
Old 01/01/2008, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Grim, ready for the lambs to be thrown out for slaughter? Nice draw your guys pulled.

Old 01/01/2008, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Must admit though besides the Arkansas Mizzo game today all of the games have been very entertaining...UVA/TT has turned into quite the game as well!
Old 01/01/2008, 05:05 PM

LOL, After watching how well the ten has held up in the bowls so far I don't know if it will be a slaughter but I still think SC gets the win. I would be VERY VERY nervous if I were a LSU fan
Old 01/01/2008, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Well, they are young, so maybe just maybe they actually got better in the past 6 weeks off. They are talented, but up and down.

Old 01/01/2008, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jocoxVT
Must admit though besides the Arkansas Mizzo game today all of the games have been very entertaining...UVA/TT has turned into quite the game as well!
omg that game was so boring. announcers sucked, fans were dead, teams were boring. i almost fell asleep just flipping over for a score check.
Old 01/01/2008, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sh0tgun
omg that game was so boring. announcers sucked, fans were dead, teams were boring. i almost fell asleep just flipping over for a score check.
Which game you talking about I am hoping you are saying the Arkansas/Mizzo game sucked and I would agree if its the UVA/TT game did you see the second half because I was impressed (but as a VT fan I do get enjoyment out of seeing UVA fold on a 14 point lead).
Old 01/01/2008, 05:25 PM
Hawks Rule!

Terrible! How could they not even look at the fumble....

Sandbeds operate like wormholes and the excess nutrients and detritus are transported to a sister galaxy - Bomber

12-7-41 & 9-11-01 Never Forget!
Old 01/01/2008, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Which game you talking about I am hoping you are saying the Arkansas/Mizzo game sucked and I would agree if its the UVA/TT game did you see the second half because I was impressed (but as a VT fan I do get enjoyment out of seeing UVA fold on a 14 point lead).
yeah, i was talkin' about the Arkansas/Mizzo.
Old 01/01/2008, 05:41 PM

What fumble? The official called it down so it isn't reviewable anyway but the replay showed his knee down. Too close to reverse whichever way they called it.

As long as they aren't going to allow spiking and whatever they need to change the rule so that if a player showboats into the endzone the ball is spotted at the one yard line. Start taking away touchdowns and that crap will end.
Old 01/01/2008, 05:53 PM

Oh man! Opportunity wasted
Old 01/01/2008, 06:22 PM
Here comes the Gators

That is not the FLA team I have watched all year long. Tebow chocked, along with refs calling bad calls, and our secondary SUCKS! Wow, what an upset.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/01/2008, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That is not the FLA team I have watched all year long. Tebow chocked, along with refs calling bad calls, and our secondary SUCKS! Wow, what an upset.
Yeah your defense isnt anything to write home about in general.
Old 01/01/2008, 06:29 PM
Here comes the Gators

No kidding smart...if FLA had a good D we woulda destroyed UM.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/01/2008, 06:34 PM
Here comes the Gators

And what did you honestly expect with Arkansas? UGA is going to stomp on Hawaii.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/01/2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:
And what did you honestly expect with Arkansas? UGA is going to stomp on Hawaii.
You said Arkansa was going to have something for Missouri.
Old 01/01/2008, 06:43 PM

Tebow didn't choke, it's pretty hard to score when only 2 people make up the offense. Florida got outplayed.
Old 01/01/2008, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I guess I just expected since the SEC was so dominant and you were saying you all were going to roll through bowl season just flexing your SEC tattooed muscles that they at least would have made it a game...and on top of it all that the great SEC RB McFadden would have been the best RB on the field...heck even been with in sniffing distance of it!

You are always quick to point out the reasons you lost and to place blame but it really is probably time to wake up and realize that the SEC isnt as dominate as you really think and that even the almighty Florida team can be out played by one of those small meaningless schools in another conference like the Big 10. Michigan was obviously the better team today and I would venture to say you play them 10 times and they keep that series a lot closer then you would like to think (not like they can recruit or have athletes or anything - surprise surprise the SEC isnt the only conference who stacks in the 4 and 5 star kids).
Old 01/01/2008, 06:49 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Tebow didn't choke, it's pretty hard to score when only 2 people make up the offense. Florida got outplayed.

Shutup...you don't know what you were talking about. Tebow choked the the first two downs on his last chance to get a TD in the game. FLA played one demensional. They didn't use Caldwell, didn't use Moore, didn't use Murphy and overused Percy Harvin. Yeah FLA's O-line played horrible but Tebow definately did't play his best. Curse of the heisman.

I was at the FLA game so I didn't see the Arkansa game.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 01/01/2008, 06:52 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
I guess I just expected since the SEC was so dominant and you were saying you all were going to roll through bowl season just flexing your SEC tattooed muscles that they at least would have made it a game...and on top of it all that the great SEC RB McFadden would have been the best RB on the field...heck even been with in sniffing distance of it!

You are always quick to point out the reasons you lost and to place blame but it really is probably time to wake up and realize that the SEC isnt as dominate as you really think and that even the almighty Florida team can be out played by one of those small meaningless schools in another conference like the Big 10. Michigan was obviously the better team today and I would venture to say you play them 10 times and they keep that series a lot closer then you would like to think (not like they can recruit or have athletes or anything - surprise surprise the SEC isnt the only conference who stacks in the 4 and 5 star kids).
Dude the SEC has only two losses so far. If LSU and UGA wins we are 7-2. Pretty dominant to me ACC mom.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!