Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/19/2007, 09:44 AM
On "The List"

w00t

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 11/19/2007, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
Michigans getting Sam Mcguffie (Sp?) who's supposedly a ridiculous runningback...+the job is more secure, playing opponents like Michigan State and Minnesota are alil easier then playing tennesse and Arkansas

The only team at Michigan you have to beat is Ohio State
And PSU

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 11/19/2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cubman777
. PSU will never again be dominant under Joe Pa. The rest of the teams on the sched are just fillers, with OSU being the only tough game.
Didn't PSU end in the top 5 just two seasons ago? Being the best team in the Big Ten?
Watch next year as UM falls behind PSU and OSU. And probably behind Illinois as well.

It's difficult to get a man to understand something that his salary requires him not to.
Old 11/19/2007, 02:28 PM
Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid

I agree about PSU, Time for Jopa and Bobby Ball to both be put out to pasture. Of course Joe will never leave happy valley, I assume he has a burial plot there
Old 11/19/2007, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E-A-G-L-E-S
Didn't PSU end in the top 5 just two seasons ago? Being the best team in the Big Ten?
Watch next year as UM falls behind PSU and OSU. And probably behind Illinois as well.
I wouldnt be so happy about having 1 good season out of the last 8. I try to follow the overall trends and not get hung up on the quick spikes of success. But if you are happy with that rate of success and think that Joe Pa has the juice to turn it around then more power to ya.
Old 11/19/2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I wouldnt be so happy about having 1 good season out of the last 8. I try to follow the overall trends and not get hung up on the quick spikes of success. But if you are happy with that rate of success and think that Joe Pa has the juice to turn it around then more power to ya.
Do they make a little blue pill for that?
Old 11/19/2007, 03:52 PM
Registered Member

Thats pretty funny. I think they make one for everything these days.
Old 11/19/2007, 05:56 PM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
Yeah and they struggled in their BCS bowl game against a weak FLA St. team all the way to OT.

Penn. St. was overrated that year.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

Anyone that thinks the SEC isn't the best conference is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/19/2007, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, we also don't use illegal players and recruit complete wastes of life who happen to be athletic....but if you are o.k. with that and the off the field stuff with Tressel as long as they win, then more power to ya.
And it's not like we are usually ever bad.

The one who needs to be put out is not JoePa who is bigger than PSU, it is his brother who is our recruiter.

Old 11/19/2007, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 55semireef
Yeah and they struggled in their BCS bowl game against a weak FLA St. team all the way to OT.

Penn. St. was overrated that year.
What about when we beat Tenn.?
It is hard for Big Ten teams to have 6 weeks off getting rusty. Their own faults though for not getting one more team for a title game.

Old 11/19/2007, 06:42 PM
Here comes the Gators

Don't they need like one more team so they can split the conferences and have two divisions of the conference? Then they can have more money, an extra game to help them out with bowl bids and less time off from the field so they don't get rusty. Makes sense to me but I don't know why they wouldn't do that. Too untraditional?

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/19/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, we also don't use illegal players and recruit complete wastes of life who happen to be athletic....but if you are o.k. with that and the off the field stuff with Tressel as long as they win, then more power to ya.

The one who needs to be put out is not JoePa who is bigger than PSU, it is his brother who is our recruiter.
Besides Maurice Clarett who from Ohio State is a "waste of life" and done off the field crap...as i recall there was a lil article that just popped up of some Penn St. players in a brawl...

and Eagles what i meant by my statement earlier is you can lose to Penn St. and have it be somewhat acceptable but losing to Ohio State is what makes you lose your job in Ann Arbor...
Old 11/19/2007, 07:30 PM

Who's the person holding the gun to the Big Ten's head making them follow the schedule they do so you have an excuse, I mean long layoff before the bowl games?
Old 11/19/2007, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emerald chondro
Besides Maurice Clarett who from Ohio State is a "waste of life" and done off the field crap...as i recall there was a lil article that just popped up of some Penn St. players in a brawl...

and Eagles what i meant by my statement earlier is you can lose to Penn St. and have it be somewhat acceptable but losing to Ohio State is what makes you lose your job in Ann Arbor...
Wasn't Tressel under investigation for other things as well though.

I misunderstood what you meant. You are right. To those two schools it's all about beating the other.

Old 11/19/2007, 07:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Grim Reefer
Who's the person holding the gun to the Big Ten's head making them follow the schedule they do so you have an excuse, I mean long layoff before the bowl games?
Well, they have invited Notre Dame but they don't want to lose the service games.
Who else could they invite in that makes sense?

Old 11/19/2007, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Wasn't Tressel under investigation for other things as well though.

Yeah, Vandalism.

By the Michigan State Highway Patrol, for destroying a Carr.

Old 11/19/2007, 08:39 PM
Always a Buckeye

PSU has no room to talk about off the field problems.

What have you had, like 4 or more people arrested for assault/rape this year?

PSU's "discipline" for off the field problems is a joke. Joe's process is 1. wait as long as possible before the info becomes public, then 2. make them clean the stadium after games. Way to be tough on them old man.
Old 11/19/2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Well, they have invited Notre Dame but they don't want to lose the service games.
Who else could they invite in that makes sense?
You can still spead out the schedule without adding another team.
Once the current BCS contract is up ND may not have a choice.
Old 11/20/2007, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'm not an OSU fan. And if you didnt think that I was, pointing out one problematic program out of the 150 or so D-1 schools doesnt mean that PSU isnt the next most problematic school.
I am not saying they have problems of the field. BUt I have heard about the aforementioned rape/assault charges. The rape is particularly disturbing.

I think that Miami still has the worst off the field problems though. Didnt Sean Taylor shoot someone? I dont even think that they suspended him. Ray Lewis must have been a guest speaker that year.
Old 11/20/2007, 09:09 PM
Here comes the Gators

EAGLES likes to think PSU has players not only recruited for their skills but also for their discipline and academics but he is just flat out wrong. . Yet he was accusing other teams for their "waste of lifes."

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/21/2007, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

Big game Friday night...
Old 11/21/2007, 08:11 PM
Premium Member

Quote:

I think "They" blame it on the Holiday... Dont want to play ball on or after Thanksgiving weekend... Weather may be a factor also, Some Big Ten states can get pretty nasty by the first week of December... Who knows. They need to do something tho, 12 weeks straight of football can be a killer too.

Does anyone else find it odd that a 9-1 Big East team is ranked above an 11-1 Big Ten team and a 9-1 Pac 10 team? Seems like the pollsters are giving the Big East a boost this year.
Old 11/21/2007, 08:33 PM
Here comes the Gators

No I don't find it odd at all that a 9-1 Big East team is ranked above a 11-1 Big ten or 9-1 PAC 10 team.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!
Old 11/21/2007, 09:26 PM

West virginia is rated a little too high. Of course the idiots in the AP have georgia rated above AZ State too so....
Old 11/22/2007, 12:57 AM
Here comes the Gators

Quote:
West virginia is rated a little too high. Of course the idiots in the AP have georgia rated above AZ State too so....
Ummmm, that's because Georgia is obviously a much better team.

Big 10 is a joke

OSU is a joke

GO GATORS!