Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/22/2006, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

where to fill co2?

I just ordered a calcium reactor, and I need to know where a good place to fill the co2 cylinder. The place I ordered from said to use food grade and not to use a paintball place. I live in Davis so if anyone knows where to get one filled let me know because I have no idea where to get it filled. thanks.
Old 02/22/2006, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

Airgas in Woodland
Old 02/22/2006, 05:53 PM
High Plains Drifter

I know there is a place call Solan Fire Control that used to be off Folsom blvd and HWY 50. they used to do it for me. But they may have moved off south Sunrise somewhere in Rancho Cordova. I'm sure you can find them in the phone book. HTH.

Jim
Old 02/22/2006, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Last ime, I got mine fillerd at DJ's Welding Supply (530)668-9032 .

If you look in the phone book, just look under Welding Equipment & Supplies. Call before you head in because some places will only refill on specific day and/or specific time.

BTW - I live in Davis too. There's quite a few of us reefers in Davis. If you would ever like to carpool to the MARS meeting, just let us know.

Minh
Old 02/22/2006, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

thanks fo the info, do you know if any of these are "food grade" or if this is even necasary.

PS: thanks for the invite Minh, My Daughter was born 1 year ago. Between her and work my time is pretty limited, But when I get a little more time I will definetly take you up on the offer. thanks.
Old 02/22/2006, 07:24 PM
Ugly fishes need love too

Us homebrewers just fill our cylinders at the fire extinguisher places. No food grade or whatever. Good enough for beer and cider, good enough for reef?
Old 02/23/2006, 12:42 AM
Got Salt?

Yeah I have a home made soda system that I made and I run Welding Co2 and it's just fine.
Check this out

http://www.boneville.net/soda/buying_stuff.htm
Look towards the bottom.

"You can obtain CO2 gas and rent a cylinder from a Welding supply or Industrial gas warehouse in your area. There is no specific "food service" classification for CO2; the same CO2 your local Pizza Hut used to make that glass of Pepsi is the same CO2 the metalworks shop next door is using to weld aluminum."

Hope that helps...
~Steve~

Jack of all trades, and master of none.
~Steve~