Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What would u do?
Do nothing, start again with bigger tank 120 30.85%
throw her across the room 9 2.31%
throw her out the window 32 8.23%
Call the police 29 7.46%
Kill her 69 17.74%
Divorce 130 33.42%
Voters: 389. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/13/2007, 05:05 PM
Registered Member

no reply by my man pluvialis in a while. Something bad has gone down. Don't worry my man somebody on the site will bail you out. We know her vile crimes.
Old 05/13/2007, 05:24 PM
I think I love my tank

I just saw some a breaking story on Fox news about a woman that was found bludgeoned to death. I didn't think anything of it until it was mentioned that her butt cheeks had been glued together.
I hope we are not accessories.
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.

Last edited by virginiadiver69; 05/13/2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05/13/2007, 05:45 PM
compulsive fragomaniac

Paris is in jail already????????
Old 05/13/2007, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

humm .. lets see.. 3 of your options suggest some sort of physical abuse to your spouse. granted what she did was awful but this could be the end result of possible abuse on your part and her final reaction to rebelling against you. she may be the one that was physically abused and the only way she could see it in her eyes is to hurt you by destroying something she felt would hurt you more then what you have done to her.. most of the replies so far have slammed the wife but none of us actually know what is going on in his household. there are some issues that you need to deal with and ignoring your wife at this point is not the route to go. maybe you guys will last or maybe not. its not for us to judge. but this thread really needs to be locked or deleted or something. from the looks of it, its only going to get worse replies. asking a giant community like this what you should do to your wife is wrong. please get some help for you both. and like others have said i really hope no children are at harms way in this relationship.
Old 05/13/2007, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Funniest RC poll ever. I spit water when I saw 17.96% voted to "Kill Her". LMAO
Old 05/13/2007, 06:42 PM
Unregistered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Der_Iron_Chef

It's my humble opinion that relationships have become so disposable in our society, and we often bolt at the first sign of trouble, ignoring elements of the relationship that make it valuable and worth working hard to save.

Quote:
Originally posted by old95er

Divorce is a pathetic suggestion. You made a commitment "until you are parted by death" That should not be taken lightly.
Agreed and agreed.

I thought I was losing my mind until these were posted... It's gotten far too easy to get divorced - on top of that I think the institution of marriage is completely losing its meaning.
Old 05/13/2007, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tang Salad
It's common to see threads where people overreact, but this one definitely takes the cake.

Sue her? Arrest her? Hit her? Chop her up and feed her to the pigs? Get a grip, folks!

It's hard to tell here who thinks they're being funny and who is actually serious.
I didn't read every post but people are actually taking this thread seriously? Wow... that would be like people taking your hilarious avatar seriously.

Come on folks: get a grip on your life. Obviously this guy isn't going to abuse his spouse or kill her for pouring sauce in his tank.
Old 05/13/2007, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

My wife poured teriyaki sauce into my tank

......build a bigger tank, with it`s own room behind...along with a locked door for enterence. Allow only secure access to the front of the tank via a lockable hood etc..making sure the hood or top fits snugly so no pennies can "slide" in from the front or sides. That`s what i`m doing with my new setup. It will be built into the new fishroom wall so the top will actually be part of the wall thus making it impossible to lift off. The front part of the hood will open by 2 small pistons that are designed for car trunks.
THEN, promptly send your wife down the road, permanently ...if she is capible of this, then she will prob do something worse as well. If it was MY girl, she would be GONE the very same day.
Old 05/13/2007, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rewd
I didn't read every post but people are actually taking this thread seriously?
Some of the suggestions regarding revenge were funny, but the deep heartfelt responses were even more funny. Lotsa Dr. Phil's out there.
Old 05/13/2007, 08:02 PM
Relax. Salad bowl is 300g

Quote:
Originally posted by Aquaticman74
Are you a female?
No. I am Chuck Norris and I'm hiding in your garage. Jack Bauer is arriving shortly.

Seriously though, maybe the woman in question just didn't know much about maintaing stable reef parameters. Maybe she did and thought the Teryaki sauce will help feed nitrifyng bacteria. To her, it might have been just a fish tank. Who knows? It hardly seems like grounds for divorce, abuse or legal action.

I've noticed the OP hasn't responded with any more information. It's been a while since I've read any Tolkien, but are trolls violent creatures?
Support Intelligunt Desine!
I want to get a bunch of Hermit crabs and force them to live with each other.
Old 05/13/2007, 08:22 PM
Always Learning

This should seriously be Thread of the Month, lol.

Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.
Titus Maccius Plautus (254 BC - 184 BC), Rudens
Old 05/13/2007, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by virginiadiver69
Just because a lie is repeated over and over with nothing to back it up with does not make it true.
The divorce rate in the U.S. topped at just over 5% in the early 80's and has fallen since then down to just over 3%(3.6% to be exact). This is the lowest it has been since the late 50's. I am aware that these "studies" are often skewed but the 50% number was a red herring that stemmed from this statement; The Americans for Divorce Reform estimates that "Probably, 40 or possibly even 50 percent of marriages will end in divorce if current trends continue. However, that is only a projection and a prediction."
Took this from this thread.

"Half of the population of mankind that has lived on earth, since the beginning of mankind, is alive today. The population of man on this earth is an exponential formula. This statement is true, half of the total population that has ever lived is alive today. Can you therefore draw the conclusion that you only have a 50% chance of death? If half the people that have ever lived on earth are still alive today than you could argue the point. As ridiculous as this sounds, it is statistically true. Of course there are dynamics and conditions not addressed that make this statistical formula flawed. It kind of reminds me of your aquarium "experts"."

Be careful when replying too much on statistics
Old 05/13/2007, 08:55 PM
Premium Member

Play World of Warcraft...talk about an addiction.

My wife loves the tank, we don't have any problems, not even when buying livestock! Find the right fish I guess
Old 05/13/2007, 09:20 PM
Moved out

Quote:
Originally posted by jman77
if you have no kids...cut and run.... She crazy enough to do this now...well, this is a teaser of whats to come

Oh I so TOTALLY agree with the above statement. I showed my wife this post and if she ever considered doing anything to sabotage my reef she would have a 1 way ticket back to where she came from. I know she totally supports my hobby though and would never think of doing something like this. I admit I have a bad temper and the police would probably cart me off in cuffs after I showed her how displeased I was with her choice of dumping something in my tank I've spent years and countless hours and money trying to nurture.

Loose that psycho before she REALLY does something crazy.
Old 05/13/2007, 09:48 PM
Moved On

I love how 34 of us have voted "kill her"
Old 05/13/2007, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

well you think about it, these are the kind of women that you need to stay away from. Look what happened to Bobbit lol..ahem >;(..anyway, how could you even pretend to trust someone like that less MARRY it. Ruin a hobby worth several thousand...maybe distroy a car.......clean out your bank accounts?? cut your you know what off?!?!....would YOU honestly want a girl like that around? I sure as hell would not.
Old 05/13/2007, 11:02 PM
Premium Member

Jez,

This is awful stuff.

Kudos to those with a little tact.

Ask RC about the fish, a therapist about the wife.

Good luck.

Kris

"Yeah, and that's why you don't go swimming after you get bit by a shark"
Old 05/13/2007, 11:54 PM
Huge Member

PIIHB!!!!!

See, that's the trouble with the world today. Not enough danger to kill off stupid people before they get old enough to breed. Bring back lawn darts! -PrivateJoker64
Old 05/14/2007, 12:04 AM
Explorer

Quote:
Originally posted by latazyo
I love how 34 of us have voted "kill her"
lol,

I can see it,

"officer, reefers made do it"

sam
Old 05/14/2007, 01:14 AM
Unregistered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UrbanSage
Took this from this thread.

"Half of the population of mankind that has lived on earth, since the beginning of mankind, is alive today. The population of man on this earth is an exponential formula. This statement is true, half of the total population that has ever lived is alive today. Can you therefore draw the conclusion that you only have a 50% chance of death? If half the people that have ever lived on earth are still alive today than you could argue the point. As ridiculous as this sounds, it is statistically true. Of course there are dynamics and conditions not addressed that make this statistical formula flawed. It kind of reminds me of your aquarium "experts"."

Be careful when replying too much on statistics
Are you going to make a connection or are you relying on people to jump to conclusions? That is a silly comparison. Your chances of death have nothing to do with the current population.
Old 05/14/2007, 02:16 AM
I hate line 42!!!!!!!

Any updates pluvialis?? Or did you take everyone on a ride for nothing. Cut her up and feed her to the fishes.
Old 05/14/2007, 02:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rewd
Funniest RC poll ever. I spit water when I saw 17.96% voted to "Kill Her". LMAO

HAHAHAHHAHA

On a serious note, we're all guilty of spending a little too much time on our tanks.
Old 05/14/2007, 02:37 AM
Premium Member

Call the cops on her.
Old 05/14/2007, 03:00 AM
Registered Member

Ya you really need to get a new wife. That's just grounds for divorce!
Old 05/14/2007, 05:41 AM
compulsive fragomaniac

davidryder, read the whole thread,

that was an example of the spinning of statistics to an obvious incorrect conclusion as a response to some of the goofiest numbers I have ever read, delivered via the most skewed logic I have ever read regarding divorce. It was a great example.

I'm still going with the funny thread premise
ps mega kudos for "Kent Marine Patience" good one.