Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Advanced Topics
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/17/2003, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Question Rons book on inverts?

Ron what`s up with the release of your new book on inverts . I tryed to order it last Jan through Amazon. After that i get nothing but pushed back dates for release.
What gives? .

Nomadic
Old 09/18/2003, 09:52 AM
upgrade to t-5 underway

Nomadic,
as busy as Ron is and his other responsibilities besides reefing. (wife...kids(?) just generally having a regular persons life. I would imagine that things can get pushed back very far.
Also you need to remember that books take a HUGE AMOUNT of scheduling to get to the printer. between the layout and design to the pictures and the required copyright struggles inherit in pictures. to just getting the thing proof read while life happens. everyone involved must end up on the same page at the same day... it cn take a while for that to occur. JMHO no flames please.
Kevin

Never underestimate the lower boundary of human intelligence.
Old 09/20/2003, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Hi,

Well, I submitted the manuscript to the publisher in November of 2001. And it has sat there ever since with very little "movment."

Recently the publisher (TFH/Microcosm) has indicated a desire to work it up and finish it. If this actually occurs, there is a possibility that it could be done and out by sometime next year.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting, however.....