Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/12/2004, 11:59 AM
Moved On

Gooches Corals

This is a looooong over do thread on Scott and Kris at Gooches corals. I have dealt with them in the past, and have been nothing but happy.

This time I received two three corals and a few freebies from him. Two of the corals were montipora orientalis (or so identified as Steve Tyree, true id is up in the air). One was Scott's blueberry acro, and the two freebies were a cool electric clam and a small blasto.

I cannot say enough how much a other vendors need to take hints off of Scott. The frags of orientalis I got off of Scott are roughly 6-8x's the red and blue polyped danae I have received from two other vendors, and yes I paid the said price for the dime sized frag from two vendors as the .50 cent piece frags I got from Scott. He refuses to send anything out that small, and his customers REALLY appreciate that.

The blueberry frags is almost like a baby colony. Not like a frag at all. His pictures do none of his corals ANY JUSTICE AT ALL! Every time I have received corals from Scott they have so far surpassed what I was expected I am just tickled! Those that know me know I order quite a bit from quite a few vendors, and there are none that I get shipments from that consistently floor me. I really cannot say enough about Gooches Corals. They really pay attention to the customer, excellent packing, and look out for the customer more then themselves, and sometimes lost money because of it.

Everyone really needs to go check them out, there stock and service is unmatched!

Here are some pics:

http://www.cvreefers.org/modules/gal...204a.sized.jpg
http://www.cvreefers.org/modules/gal...204d.sized.jpg
http://www.cvreefers.org/modules/gal...204a.sized.jpg
Old 09/12/2004, 02:28 PM
Premium Member

Might help to post a site or link
Old 09/12/2004, 02:29 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Shak
Might help to post a site or link
Hahaha yeah sorry about that, I guess it would help =).

http://www.goochscorals.com/
Old 09/12/2004, 02:35 PM
troublemaker

That blueberry is awesome!
Old 09/12/2004, 02:39 PM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by MiddletonMark
That blueberry is awesome!
Thanks, thats exactly what I said when I got it. I was going to post the pic of it he had so you guys could see what it was shown as, but it seems to ahve been taken down.

I cant wait to see it grow up!
Old 09/12/2004, 02:48 PM
troublemaker

I'd agree on the pics - as I used to have space in my tank + go get corals in person, and always end up with things I saw online but `pop' when in front of you.

As I'm overstocked right now, I can't go