Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Panhandle Reefkeepers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/26/2007, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

40 gallon glass tank

Used tank. 40 gallon.12x19x36
Just bought it for my sump/refugium that I was going to set up, but it's to tall for my table.The people said it doesn't leak. You can tell It has been resealed.It would be best to use it for something like I was going to because the seal job was a little messy, and there are a few scratches.I just bought it for $20.00
Old 12/27/2007, 03:54 AM
Registered Member

This is a 40 breeder, then? Are you offering it for sale here, or just telling us about it?
How much do you want for it? I've been looking for a 40 breeder for months. Is it an actual aquarium, or a reptile tank? I find the thin-glassed reptile tanks everywhere, but a real 40 breeder aquarium isn't so common.

Last edited by AnOldSalt; 12/27/2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old 12/27/2007, 08:08 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11463109#post11463109 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AnOldSalt
This is a 40 breeder, then? Are you offering it for sale here, or just telling us about it?
How much do you want for it? I've been looking for a 40 breeder for months. Is it an actual aquarium, or a reptile tank? I find the thin-glassed reptile tanks everywhere, but a real 40 breeder aquarium isn't so common.
Trey, I have a 40 breeder for sale. A true 40 breeder, with stand and canopy (although canopy needs a little work), it has two pumps with it, that I don't need and a 20 high that's baffled and used as the sump!

PM me for more info.

- Jared

Having a high post count doesn't necessarily show intelligence or knowledge, it simply shows you just talk a lot. - Me
Old 12/27/2007, 08:46 AM
Premium Member

Oh btw. A 40 Breeder is 36" Long x 18" Wide x 16" High, so its probably a breeder and you didn't measure right...but that's ok, they are great tanks though! Perfect for a small reef tank if you can monitor your parameters, or a nice frag tank!

Having a high post count doesn't necessarily show intelligence or knowledge, it simply shows you just talk a lot. - Me
Old 12/27/2007, 11:00 AM
Registered Member

Where in NW Florida are you located? I'm looking for a 40 gal.
Old 12/29/2007, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

40 Gal glass tank for sale

This is a 40 Gal glass aquarium tank.Yes it's for sale.I just bought it for the purpose of a sump setup from someone else, but it was to high to go under my table.It's $20.00 I'm in Navarre close to the Publix plaza. I live right next to Heather if anyone wants to look at it at the meeting on the 6th of Jan. You can before that if you want to. I can't answer you about a breeder tank for sure.I don't think it's a breeder tank though.It looks like my 48 gal bowfront without the bow.
It's....12"Wx 36 L" x 21" H
Old 12/29/2007, 11:35 AM
Registered Member

would you consider a trade by any chance? I have a couple extra tanks sitting around. 29 and a 20L. If not, $20 sounds fair.
Old 12/30/2007, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Yes, i'm intrested in a trade or sale

I don't have a need for this used 40 gal. tank anymore now that it won't fit under my table.That is why I am selling or trading it.I would be more than happy to do this with you. Are you coming to the meeting at Heather's on the 6th of Jan.? Bring your tanks, and we can see if we want to trade.I'm pretty sure I will.If you want to check it out before that, it's fine too.Let me know, and I will give you my phone number and address.Thanks....Maria