Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/19/2007, 11:57 PM
Registered Member

The christmas fiasco

So there's a little story behind this thread... For chrismas my roomates decided to buy me this African Flameback Angelfish. My tank is a 20H and I plan on an upgrade to ~40g in the next 6 months so I thought it'd be a pretty cool addition to the tank.

Well I had to acclimate it to the water before adding it (I know I should QT, but it was kind of a spur of the moment thing...) so I floated the bag the fish was in in my tank. To hold the bag in place I used part of a glass lid. Well the lid fell into the tank!!!

It fell through the middle breaking all the large branches off of my "showpiece" purple digita. I had been growing the coral for over a year from a small frag! Well the 6" by 6" coral fell to pieces and this is what I have left...

As for the angelfish... about 36 hours after it was introduced into the tank it jumped out and the dog ate it. So that was cool too.

If anyone's interested in buying some frags of my digita so I can get another coral to keep my hopes up send me a PM...

Old 12/20/2007, 12:12 AM
I can spell you cant READ

I will take the 5's If you will ship to the Springs LMK
Old 12/20/2007, 12:21 AM
Registered Member

Bummer, good luck with your regrow,
Chris
Old 12/21/2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

PM's replied to