Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Brian Plankis

Old 04/26/2006, 03:29 PM
Invertebrate Advocate

Offline For a Little While

Hey all,

I will be offline for a little while to focus on my coursework for the end of the semester. I have an article coming out in the May edition of reefkeeping titled:

Observations on Anemone Predation and Reproduction by Hitchhiking Aeolid Nudibranchs.

I will probably be offline until May 10th or so focusing on school, I will be back ASAP to answer any questions you may have about the article.

Cheers,

Brian Plankis
Old 05/10/2006, 12:03 PM
Invertebrate Advocate

I am back online and available for discussion on my new article or my previous work.

Brian
Old 05/27/2006, 10:19 PM
Premium Member

First off great article. The first article i've read completely since being a member (almost a year). Anyway do you think that this species of nudibranch would be good to get if your tank is infested with the "bad" anemone? If you have only a few would it be better to get some other solution Joes Juice for example?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
Old 05/28/2006, 09:32 AM
Invertebrate Advocate

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7451708#post7451708 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by phatboyL7
First off great article. The first article i've read completely since being a member (almost a year). Anyway do you think that this species of nudibranch would be good to get if your tank is infested with the "bad" anemone? If you have only a few would it be better to get some other solution Joes Juice for example?

Thanks in advance,
Jake
Jake,

Glad you liked the article! I think this nudibranch would be good to get if you could setup a dedicated tank for them and rotate one or two rocks at a time into their tank. Eventually you will have a clean tank and then can pass on the nudibranchs. I talk about this in more detail on the related podcast I did with Talkingreef:

http://www.talkingreef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839

If you only have a few anemones then this nudibranch would be a bad choice. A few anemones are much easier to eliminate with joe's juice, kalk paste, lemon juice, etc. Just make sure you don't let whatever liquid you use hit other things in your tank as it can be fatal to them as well.

Cheers,

Brian