Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reefkeeping Online Magazine > Brian Plankis

Old 10/12/2006, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Quantum Readings of Sunlight

would it be possible to post test results of a similar depth tank that is outside and compare it to your metal halide readings?
Old 10/12/2006, 09:34 PM
Invertebrate Advocate

Re: Quantum Readings of Sunlight

Quote:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8327555#post8327555 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tigger240
would it be possible to post test results of a similar depth tank that is outside and compare it to your metal halide readings?
I might be able to do this, but it will probably be a few months. I'm planning on swapping out my current 75 gallon tank with a new 79 gallon tank and I can temporarily place the 75 outside and take readings. I will probably do the swap in December.

I did take the meter outside and take readings just under the sun. On a completely cloudy day I got a reading of 654 PAR, on a sunny day it was well over 1,000, but I did not write the number down. The readings were only taken 1 day apart at the same time of day (1:30pm), so there weren't any time of day or seasonal effects on the readings.

Brian