Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)

Old 01/10/2008, 01:20 AM
Registered Member

Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

Hey folks I know its been sometime and most have wondered what has become of me and my tanks. Well long story short I have had some serious downs with the tanks and lots of family stuff including a few deaths which hasn't helped. So after lots of long hard debate I have decided to take a break from the hobby after 6 years and liquidate everything I have. I am only 30 so I still have lots of time to find my way back into the hobby which I am confident I will just now is not the time and I don't want to store what I have .

First to go will be corals, live rock,clams and fish. Equipment will be after all live goods are gone. The more you buy the better deal I will cut .

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20

lubbucks wrasse $20

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

I will add corals later......... If any prop member is read please contact me as I want to make some coral donations. As I feel bad for the death of prop corals that were in my care.

Thx Chris

Last edited by clkwrk; 01/10/2008 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01/10/2008, 01:29 AM
HAS ANYONE SEEN MY ZOOS?

Sorry to here that Chris. I was about to get out myself due to my job, but I decided to get out of the job instead. You have had some very nice stuff over the years. I thank you now for the coarls that I have gotten from you, sometimes through trading with others that have traded with you, and all that you have done for FRAG. Good Luck.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:00 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your decision. As you are getting out for the time being and I am gettin into it, I could use some live rock. I am looking for softball size pieces, nothing HUGE.

Also might be interested in corals that would work with PC lights.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:16 AM
Registered Member

I have you covered. I have plenty of rock of all shapes and sizes . I also have plenty of corals that will do fine under pcs .

My tanks are pest free and have not seen any new introductions in atleast 9months. I have no SPS just softies and lps.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:28 AM
Registered Member

May be interested in the pajamas if they will play nice with a bang. card.??
May be interested in softie and lps...

Sorry to hear you are going a different direction. Good luck!
Old 01/10/2008, 02:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jayreefer
Sorry to here that Chris. I was about to get out myself due to my job, but I decided to get out of the job instead. You have had some very nice stuff over the years. I thank you now for the coarls that I have gotten from you, sometimes through trading with others that have traded with you, and all that you have done for FRAG. Good Luck.
Thanks its been a pleasure ......glad some of my corals were able to make it around. I will miss the great group of people we have here.
Old 01/10/2008, 02:52 AM
Mushroom King

If and when you get around to dealing with the Zoa's and shrooms I'll be waiting.
1 small female perc tank raised ora $15 ---PICS ?

sorry for your losses and hope you bounce back

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 01/10/2008, 03:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by scorpiocasper
May be interested in the pajamas if they will play nice with a bang. card.??
May be interested in softie and lps...

Sorry to hear you are going a different direction. Good luck!
Thanks ! Not sure how they would get along not knowing tank size. Anyways they are shy and come out at night and stay by the rockwork . Fliger might beable to say as they came from his large tank sometime back.

As for softies/lps I will have a list up with pics tomorrow.
Old 01/10/2008, 03:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JMCAquarium
If and when you get around to dealing with the Zoa's and shrooms I'll be waiting.
1 small female perc tank raised ora $15 ---PICS ?

sorry for your losses and hope you bounce back
Pics tomorrow.
Old 01/10/2008, 03:17 AM
THE 1 loss B(C)S winner!

Good luck Chris. You're right man, get back into the hobby when you have more time and do I'm sure your next tank will be incredible. Thanks for being a friend man, you know how to get me anytime.

Closed minds should come with closed mouths.
Old 01/10/2008, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

Here is a start to the equipment list . Equipment will not be available until all livestock is gone. Unless listed above.

180g Blue background ,center overflow acrylic tank . Manufacutred by Mike Reber at Acrylic Creations.Tank sits on a custom soild maple stand . All info can be found in my 180g sps tank thread. Pictures start a few post down .
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...5&pagenumber=3
I am asking $1350 obo for tank, Stand and canopy.

here is a front pic. Stand is bigger than the tank.By that I mean wider so it could house more under it and behind it . http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...stand-trim.jpg

H&S A200-1260 external skimmer Great condition $900

80g custom Sump with mutiple chambers. For use with external or internal return pumps $300

JBJ 1/3rd hp chiller just over a year old bought from ATR $650

15x15 1/2 acrylic cube tank top rear corner drilled for 1" bulkhead. $75

Milwaukee sm122 ph controller $65

Tunze 6200 with mag $375

tunze 7095 multiconroller $210

2x Tunze 6100 with magnets $280 each

Sander 50mg hr ozone unit $65

tunze 6000 $210

more tomorrow night.

Last edited by clkwrk; 01/10/2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 01/10/2008, 08:23 AM
O-Qua Tangin Wann

Chris, I am shocked about the news. But change is a good thing. Even if it doesnt seem like it at first.
As far as equipment I am looking to buy a 250w ballast, and a reflector. If you have any smaller powerheads such as tunze nanostreams i would be interested. I am also looking for a return pump like a Eheim 1262.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:04 AM
Registered Member

PM sent. Sorry to hear that your leaving for a while.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 01/10/2008, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to see you go but I think we all know you will be back.

Nick
Old 01/10/2008, 10:45 AM
I read your email

Chris. Sorry to see you go. If you want to keep the tangs together I have plenty of room in my 300. I'd also be interested in the chiller. Pm me a Price for all 3 and we can talk

"Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order." --Ed Howdershelt
Old 01/10/2008, 12:07 PM
Xenia Farmer

I am sorry to hear about you leaving the hobby. I have always enjoyed looking at your beautiful tanks.

And I am still using a tank I got from you.
Old 01/10/2008, 12:24 PM
GO BEARS!!

Good Luck to you!

Ryan
Old 01/10/2008, 08:33 PM
Set it up

Sorry to see you go and good luck with your sale

Bump!
Old 01/10/2008, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

dibs on ozone unit
Old 01/10/2008, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Thanks everyone ! Its has been a pleasure being part of our reef community and I will miss the time I am away. But I will make a return and when I do you all will be first to know.
Old 01/10/2008, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dvlax40
dibs on ozone unit
Okay
Old 01/10/2008, 10:48 PM
Premium Member

Hey Chris. Sorry to see you go. Your tanks were always an inspiration. Good luck.

If you still have the Phoenix Suns palys I'd like those.
Old 01/10/2008, 11:05 PM
Registered Member

Re: Taking a break from the hobby.Everything goes.

UPDATED

Quote:
Originally posted by clkwrk

Most importantly is I need to find a very good home for a pair of maroon clowns a 9 year old female and a 2 year old male plus their host . A very large anemone. 24" diameter easy largest captive anemone I have seen besides at huge aquariums like Shed ect. . Needs a 2ft wide tank .Also need lots of light 250mh at least and moderate to low flow . If I know you its all good .If I don't then you will have to let me know how long you have been in the hobby and all the good info about your tank plus have someone I know vouch for you . $300obo

Another fish that needs to go to a well kept home is my 5" PBT I have had this guy for 6 years .He has delt with ick and kicked it natually a few times since I have had him anyways he is ick free as of now . I love him to death . He his well mannered very nice blue (cream of the crop). Considering he is basically tank raised or well adjusted to captive life. Lives in a 180g $100 obo

Next is my Vlamingii Tang I raised him from 50cent size and he is now 8+ inches. Anyways he is very friendly eats from the hand and just a plain good citizen. Loves to stare at you $100 obo

Medium/large Male madirian. Does not eat anything but live food . Lives in my 180 with 200+lbs of live rock and is very fat and healthy. $20 baiabum

Black cap basset large. This guy is big and hard to catch. Very rich color. $40 jraducha

Pair of PJ cardinals. $20 mr. dt

lubbucks wrasse $20- mr dt

1 small female perc tank raised ora $15

-----------------------------------------------------
LIVE ROCK
$3 lb and I have alot 400lbs or so . Over the 6 years in this hobby I have collected alot of very nice rock some I have paid up to $9 a pound, everything from huge show pieces, tonga, tonga branch,tonga deep water, bali ;marshall islands, kaline , figi ect. This is all well established rock with an abundance of life .

First round of equipment .

Tunze wavebox Like new Yes Like new . I just recently bought a new updated pump as the orginal died. I guess it was a know issue on ealier wavebox but corrected with the newer pump. Also the impellor is brand new also . So the controller and housing are the only things not new. Asking $425

Large dual chamber calcium reactor filled with fresh ARM media. Ran my fully stock 180g sps with no problems . Comes with nice 5lb aluminum co2 bottle but no regulator as it fried in an undertank water hose break. $275

Americale 600gph hang on the back overflow with new brand new U tube $35

Martini Low range phosphate Colorimeter. $135 has lots of test left.

Ati Bubble master 150 skimmer seen very little use $300

Tropic marin Pro coral elements A and K almost full very little used Paid 32 a bottle sell both for $40

180g Blue background ,center overflow acrylic tank . Manufacutred by Mike Reber at Acrylic Creations.Tank sits on a custom soild maple stand . All info can be found in my 180g sps tank thread. Pictures start a few post down .
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/s...25&pagenumber=3
I am asking $1350 obo for tank, Stand and canopy.

here is a front pic. Stand is bigger than the tank.By that I mean wider so it could house more under it and behind it . http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...-stand-trim.jpg

H&S A200-1260 external skimmer Great condition $900

80g custom Sump with mutiple chambers. For use with external or internal return pumps $300

JBJ 1/3rd hp chiller just over a year old bought from ATR $650

15x15 1/2 acrylic cube tank top rear corner drilled for 1" bulkhead. $75

Milwaukee sm122 ph controller $65

Tunze 6200 with mag $375

tunze 7095 multiconroller $210

2x Tunze 6100 with magnets $280 each

Sander 50mg hr ozone unit $65 dvlax40

tunze 6000 $210

If your name is next to an item you have dibs. We will work out payment and pickup soon.
Old 01/10/2008, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by badfish
Chris, I am shocked about the news. But change is a good thing. Even if it doesnt seem like it at first.
As far as equipment I am looking to buy a 250w ballast, and a reflector. If you have any smaller powerheads such as tunze nanostreams i would be interested. I am also looking for a return pump like a Eheim 1262.
I do have a 250 electronic icecap ballast , mogul and spider reflector that was used over my frag tank. Less than a year old and used for 7hr photoperiods