Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)

Old 01/07/2008, 06:14 PM
Pie Is My Favorite Flavor

O/T: Know any great artists that tattoo?

My wife would like to get a tattoo done based on a design she and a friend put together. I thought I'd ask a diverse group such as this if they know anywhere in the valley she might check out?

To make this barely reef related she said she wants a puffer if she finds an artist she likes.

thanks!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:28 PM
I found Nemo...

My wife and I went into Club Tattoo on Country Club just north of the 60 and we were super impressed. We both had unique designs and he had them drawn up and ready to go within 30 minutes. I know there are other Club Tattos around the valley, and I assume they are all as professional as the one we visited.

Current USA Solana 10gallon Nano.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:29 PM
Hopeless addict

A puffer is a great tattoo! As you get old and your skin stretches and sags, it would just look like it was puffed out.

I am totally kidding, that would never happen to your wife.

I don't know anyone good locally, but I would be interested to know if you find someone you like.
&nbsp&nbsp o@o&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp "\_r'
&nbsp @o|,@&nbsp&nbsp _/,_&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp >( ')
_..@@_..7il=l=@lv|e.._
Old 01/07/2008, 06:32 PM

thanks D4D, I'll start looking them up, I'm sure she'd drive across town for it if they were good enough, but it would be nice if we found someone that we wouldn't need to pack a lunch for

Tiff, I shall keep the thread informed.... she said she completely agrees with you on the puffer and that it makes sense though.
Old 01/07/2008, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

LOL Tiff! Well I got my large design thats on my back from Crawling Squid. I did my own design and he did a good job on the outline. I havent had it colored in yet (dont want another 5 hours of pain again just yet).

Jesse and Melissa got their first tattoos not too long ago. I can not remember the name of the place, but the detail was VERY good! I was really impress with the colors on Lissa's and really impressed with the nice fine outline on Jesse's. Its a HUGE descision lol, but you might want to ask Jesse and Lissa abou where they got theirs. HTH
Old 01/07/2008, 06:58 PM

I know Dale at C.Squid did great work... I think it was Dale anyway.. did great work years ago, but that was ten years or more ago.

Thanks for the tips and reminder!
Old 01/07/2008, 06:59 PM
got montipora?

me and my wife got ours done by Jesus. he has his own private studio and does it by appointment only. hes work is very good and hes on the west side.

heres a shot of it right after he finshed
Photobucket

PM me for his number and email address.

-jesse

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

-Aristotle
Old 01/07/2008, 07:01 PM

Very nice Jesse, I'll pm ya in a few mins here.
Old 01/07/2008, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

Yea Jesses tat is really nice, you should see the colors in Lissa's! I do fine art and the fact that the artist was able to replicate metal so well is impressive! Definatly a cool tat!
Old 01/07/2008, 07:30 PM
got montipora?

ok, if i dont put melissa tattoo up im going to catch hell. it looks a little funny because she put too much cream on, but you get the idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

-Aristotle
Old 01/07/2008, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

See thats color is awesome.... since were sharing, here is mine from Crawling Squid...

Its my design thou, so there wasnt much more for him to do other than put it on, but the lines are VERY clean, and not thick, just like I wanted. I really gotta get this colored in and I think I will go to Jesses guy lol.
Old 01/07/2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

ive got several from all over the valley, but for big stuff i go to heart and hunington in las vegas
Old 01/07/2008, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

ive got several from all over the valley, but for big stuff i go to heart and hunington in las vegas
Old 01/07/2008, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

The crawling squid is great, my wife and I go to the blue dragon over on the west side. Most important is to make sure is it a new needle everytime some tatoo shops only autoclave(wash in a solution and then heat in high temps) the needles and reuse them). The guys at the blue dragon are in alot of tatoo mags and are really great at straight lines. I would also ask to see the artist portfolio of work that they have drawn up, most work done is just flash that you pick off the wall.

Here's a pic of my wife's, it's was freehanded by John at the blue dragon. It's a cell phone pic so it is a bad quality pic.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01/07/2008, 10:07 PM
Registered Member

autoclaves are fine to reuse needles, infact most hospital use them aswell.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:13 PM
HELP SLOW

I think I would trust Jesus.

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

^ lol.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:20 PM
HELP SLOW

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE

they paved paradise and put up a parking lot.
Old 01/07/2008, 10:31 PM
Registered Member

Not to cause problems, but there is no hospital to my knowledge that autoclaves needles, equipment yes but not needles. Even scaples are disposable nowdays.

I work in the medical field with peolpe who are paying the price everyday for those diseases and it is very sad to see. so a new needle everytime is worth the $$$ and the worry.

Most tatoo artist now days are safe but it doesn't hurt to ask, it is your life. I have many tatoos and have never met a artist who had a problem w/ me asking for a new needle. Most shops advertise "new needle everytime" Just IMO
Old 01/07/2008, 10:58 PM
Registered Member

When I went to Jesus he opened new needles when he did mine and Jesse's. If they don't just ask for new ones.

The #1 Zoa Freak!!

Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars.

-Henry Van Dyke
Old 01/08/2008, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

I go to phoenix tattoo company in tempe. his name is eric and he's the owner of the company.
I'm about half way done now. got the flames colored, still need to get more added to it as well. so far i have about 5 hours into it. i also have a tattoo on my chest and my wife has one on her back and arm. pm me if u have any questions.
Old 01/08/2008, 05:51 PM
Premium Member

Pretty Cool Make sure to do your research!!!!
Old 01/08/2008, 10:25 PM
Well... You know...

I recommend Club Tattoo very very highly. They set the standard for cleanliness. Shawn is one of the owners (the other is Chester Bennington from Linkin Park) and he is a super cool guy. They never reuse needles. They are the only ones I would let work on me unless I was willing to go to Vegas to see a friend of mine. I'll give you his # if you wanna make a trip to Vegas.

I love Tattoos
so you can maintain a lifestyle
that insults his family's existence
Old 01/08/2008, 10:37 PM
My Boys

I will tell you this never let a guy named sean do it. He F***ed mine up bad. and won't fix it. mines on my back. and I hate looking at it. its ugly nasty and I wish I never got it. I wanted a tribal tat and I ended up with total SHYT. oh by the way he's on the west side. I'll try to take a pic.
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.
Old 01/08/2008, 10:49 PM
My Boys

here's a pic.
It's Not The Beginning Or The End That Counts It's The Journey That Gets You There That Matters.Autism Is Just A Symptom.Over Coming It Is A Challenge.A Disability Is The Ability To Do Things Differently.